Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2002 3:40:28 PM EDT
[size=3]Dance Shivi, Dance! - A Father's Advise[/size=3] From Tekoa

The cell phone rings and there is a slight hesitation at the other end. "Eli, there's been another [i][b]'pigua'[/b][/i]."  With those few words, a heaviness like a cloud or a curtain, suddenly drops, encompassing all of my being.

There is no translation of the word 'Pigua'. It is beyond the dry phrase a 'terror attack' - for pigua also means hurt, deeply hurt. We are all [i][b]nifigaim'[/b][/i]. ['people who are hurt']

You register a staccato of phrases, of words, the when the where, and the who. God, give us the strength you beg silently, and not for the first time.

Two more families, neighbors; two more worlds destroyed. I call home and have an initial talk with my 10 year old. He doesn't yet know that one of his classmates is affected.

"You know I heard the shooting when I was at the store", he relates objectively. "It sounded really close".

We talk quietly about his fear and I reassure him that he is safe and that I am on my way home.  Yet what right do I have to reassure him something I am powerless to provide, but I do it anyway, for I am his father.

Slowly my children check in. It is my 15 year old, away at school, who is the  most concerned. "Should I come back home. Can I help?" There is little he can do here and I tell him so. Then a  silence. "Aba I don't know what to do. There is a big Purim party at my school -  maybe I shouldn't  go?"

I hesitate for a moment, furious that this is a question that my child has to wrestle with. This shouldn't be, I cry to myself. It's not fair, he deserves a childhood.  But my answer to him is clear enough. "Dance Shivi",  I reply
with a catch in my voice . "Dance with all your heart".

from Eli Birnbaum - [email protected]

To see Tekoa, which was the home of Amos the Prophet, go to [url]http://tekoa.org.il/[/url]

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
'Pigua' ... thought that was the term used when cowardly Israeli guards shoot pregnant women! [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt the validity of this email.

How do you hear a cell phone ringing over the 'NOISE' of American taxpayer purchased Bulldozers ??

This email is possible but improbable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
'Pigua'...hehehe
Don't worry Eric, you can lie with impunity...the end of the year is comming again, and surely, all your lies will be "forgiven".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top