Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 12:44:44 PM EDT
Why haven't we seen the Dems push Illegal Alien Amnesty?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Political suicide
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They will just shame the republicans into doing it.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Or don't remind them?

Manybe Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to pay her gardener & babysitter a living wage.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or don't remind them?

Manybe Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to pay her gardener & babysitter a living wage.

Or the guys who tend the wine grapes on her 16-acre plot in St. Helena.  Or the ones who clean the 3,300 square foot house there.  Or the big swimming pool in the back yard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They want to push it but are waiting in the House to see if they can get 50+ Republicans  to go along for cover with the 230 some Democrats… so far they cannot get the 50.

So once more the House REPUBLICANS are holding up amnesty… ya’ll need to teach them another lesson.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They want to push it but are waiting in the House to see if they can get 50+ Republicans  to go along for cover with the 230 some Democrats…

So once more the House REPUBLICANS are holding up amnesty… ya’ll need to teach them another lesson.

I hope you are right, but maybe it could be the smarter unions don't want the competition for jobs either. I think it would really depress wages.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thet need more GOP support so as to not be political suicide.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They want to push it but are waiting in the House to see if they can get 50+ Republicans  to go along for cover with the 230 some Democrats…

I hope you are right, but maybe it could be the smarter unions don't want the competition for jobs either. I think it would really depress wages.

Not the unions.

Unfortunately most of the unions are a lost cause, for some inexplicable reason they have decided to support amnesty… I suspect the unions think illegals that get amnesty will be ripe ground for union organizers.

The House leadership has said that what they are waiting for more Republicans to get onboard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They are too busy trying to surrender in Iraq.

fred
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top