[#2]
Pre Ban 9mm?
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Stock up on pre-ban firing pins
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
This crap is making the rounds again?

I would not put anything past a dem controled power structure we see now.

I would have thought science would have rendered this BS a dead one by now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
They want to put a serial # on the base of a bullet for tracking.  No one would think to pull the bullet and apply a soldering gun to the lead, melting it, and then press it back into the cartridge,  would they?  Perhaps this would be an industry that would flourish in the vacant manufacturing areas of the large cities in America.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the scariest part of this whole thing.

You buy a box of ammo for your gun of choice.
You go to the range and spend an afternoon putting holes in paper.
Shithead criminal steals your spent brass.
Shithead criminal robs and shoots someone
Shithead criminal spreads your brass around the crime scene and runs away

Who's door do the police go knocking on after they collect all the evidence?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Certainly a very bad idea all around - not to mention reloading, etc.  Never produce anything but mass confusion and lots of expense.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Someday........we are going to be FORCED to fight these assholes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The company that designed the microstamp machine has been lobbying state legislatures all across the country to enact this law. They have a patent and would have a monopoly on microstamping if the laws were passed.

In my opinion, they are traitors and should be treated as a traitor would have been 200 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
This is one of the many reasons I am going to be investing in reloading here very soon.  I know a guy that casts .38 slugs (uses wheel weights).  They shoot just fine.  Of course, I suppose THAT would be illegal as well.

God forbid anyone be caught with "Unmarked Ammunition, in violation of applicable Federal Law.".

I'll be rolling my own if that happens, fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#12]
As useful in solving crimes as spinners on hubcaps.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
This will 'work' about as well as the whole fired-case-database shit....

EG not at all...

I could care less if my gun 'microstamps' it's ammo...

But I know that requiring this *WILL* raise the price of new guns -> not good.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

EG not at all...

But I know that requiring this *WILL* raise the price of new guns -> not good.....

I think this is about the ammo being serialized from the factory, not during firing. Won't increase the price of the gun. But it would drastically increase the price of the ammo. Each bullet with a unique serial #.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh crap,what a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Buy stock in whoever manufactures 00 Buck shotshells.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

I think this is about the ammo being serialized from the factory, not during firing. Won't increase the price of the gun. But it would drastically increase the price of the ammo. Each bullet with a unique serial #.

http://www.ammocoding.com/images/bullet1_home.jpg

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#18]
So then we would have to register ammo?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok, so what about stolen ammunition or "grandfathered" ammunition?
How do you prove the buyer and shooter are the same?  

FAIL!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number.  Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database.  When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

Once they get this, they will have to ban files. FOR THE DAMN CHILDREN!!! DO IT!!11!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:45:30 AM EDT
[#22]
we are loosing more of our rights everyday
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

Says the man who kissed the messiah's ass
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:46:12 AM EDT
[#24]
How will either of these measures keep the bullet from being fired from the gun?

If some one is h=going to kill someone they will do it with a gun or a spoon. The people who do most of the gang murders steal from other people anyway!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#26]
scariest part of that text is: "When a potential criminal purchases..."
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
scariest part of that text is: "When a potential criminal purchases..."

So now gun owners are 'potential criminals.'

Fucking geniuses.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:01:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

Aren't you glad you voted for Obama?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#30]
In 1965 the murder "clearance" rate for homicide investigations was 91%.

In 1992 it was 65%.

In 2002 it was 64%.

This is according to FBI statistics.

There is a technological advantage to researching a crime scene in 2008 as opposed to 1965.  Technology, while important, must not be the most important component in murder investigations.

I would hazard a guess that most crimes are solved by human contacts.

Perhaps they should put the money that would have been spent on a useless bullet "stamping" concept into hiring more detectives?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

Waste of time doing this shit, don't these people have anything worthwhile to do
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#32]
So I have to take all my ammo fishing now? That shit WILL sink my boat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

Aren't you glad you voted for Obama?

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]

$10 that they ban lead within the next 4 years under the guise of "saving the planet".
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This crap is making the rounds again?

I would not put anything past a dem controled power structure we see now.

I would have thought science would have rendered this BS a dead one by now.

They reject our logical science and substitute thier own!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

$10 that they ban lead within the next 4 years under the guise of "saving the planet".

True, but by the time I'm done using up the lead I've got, we could be in an entirely different era of American History.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You, the law abiding citizen, go to jail and disarmed for life = goal accomplished.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#38]
RI to pass a microstamping law for all semi handguns and it was shot down.

IIRC the killer was that all police handguns would also need microstamping and they were worried about price and accountability of ammunition cases at the range.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

All the more reason to stock up now!!

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

EG not at all...

Dave check e.g. vs. i.e., OK?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Sent them an email...

To Whom It May Concern,

You should take great pride in your willingness to sell out fellow countrymen in your absurd attempt to make a profit. There are few remaining corporations in the U.S. that have so thoroughly disregarded the rights and wishes of the citizens in this country. I'm sure that your patented ammunition encoding process is the very best solution to the nonexistent subset of gun crime known in popular media as "ammunition crime." Had you taken the time to poll even elementary school students as to your process they would have likely pointed out that this process, while expensive and onerous yo the majority of firearms enthusiasts, would have a negligible effect on crime, instead creating a sprawling black market for ammunition. That would not be a good idea. I'm telling you this because you were unable to discover this fact on your own. Bullets can be cast of lead, and reloaded, and there is ample surplus ammunition left in this country to sustain the protracted war which might well be necessitated by your inept proposal.

Appalled,
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Stock up on pre-ban firing pins

Firing pins..........looks like it's encoded on on the base of the bullet.

BULLSHIT technology. Makes people "feel good" to think cops can track "criminals" when in fact this shit won't work.

Well, it'll work how the left wants it to. Destroy reloading and send ammo prices so high no one could afford to make or buy it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EG not at all...

And of course we all know fired bullets look ar pristine as this one...................
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They want to put a serial # on the base of a bullet for tracking.  No one would think to pull the bullet and apply a soldering gun to the lead, melting it, and then press it back into the cartridge,  would they?  Perhaps this would be an industry that would flourish in the vacant manufacturing areas of the large cities in America.

Why do that when you can steal someone's gun and ammo and use it to commit a crime.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Going along with this absurdity I will add another monkey wrench into the mix.

In order for this bullet microstamping to even work it will require each bullet manufacturer to maintain an "ACCURATE" database of every bullet.  When it was made, it's serial number and the box of ammo or reloading component box it was packaged in.

Then that information would have to be sent to each party that acquires that product and then resells it to another party with the end result being the consumer that purchases the product.

Absolutely no chance for error in multiple databases covering literally millions of tiny pieces of metal.  

So one day you come home from work and there is a pack of LE's searching your house.  They find a box of bullets that you purchased 5 years ago that some database says had a bullet in it that has been linked to a murder that just happened.  

So now you get to go through all the fun of proving that not only were you not involved but that also there was a DATABASE ERROR and that you never possessed the bullet used in the murder.

These are some real smart people pushing this crap.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh crap,what a crock of shit.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Welcome back to 2007 when this crap was introduced and made the rounds through several state legislatures. Maybe it was before that even.
Maryland, Rhode Island, California, New York, Arizona, Washington, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Indiana, Alabama, Missouri, New Jersey and probably some others where they got laughed out of the session.
Some were introduced and defeated, some had a reading a died as they should have. The legislation just quietly made the rounds putting out feelers to see where it would pass, all the time quietly supported by the brady bunch.
I think Kalifornistan is the only one that passed it, go figure.
Doesn't mean the traitors won't try it again.

The legislation was originally written by the company holding the patents and the help of a few traitors, added a 5 cent per round "fee" to cover costs of accountability and other crap, made it illegal to transfer ammunition ownership unless licensed, ammunition turn in, all kinds of silly things.

Watch them at all times. They are like children left alone, you can't imagine what mischief they might be up to. Do not trust politicians or media for any reporting. They are the servants, not the masters.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -  Patrick Henry

There's a storm coming.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sent them an email...

To Whom It May Concern,

You should take great pride in your willingness to sell out fellow countrymen in your absurd attempt to make a profit. There are few remaining corporations in the U.S. that have so thoroughly disregarded the rights and wishes of the citizens in this country. I'm sure that your patented ammunition encoding process is the very best solution to the nonexistent subset of gun crime known in popular media as "ammunition crime." Had you taken the time to poll even elementary school students as to your process they would have likely pointed out that this process, while expensive and onerous yo the majority of firearms enthusiasts, would have a negligible effect on crime, instead creating a sprawling black market for ammunition. That would not be a good idea. I'm telling you this because you were unable to discover this fact on your own. Bullets can be cast of lead, and reloaded, and there is ample surplus ammunition left in this country to sustain the protracted war which might well be necessitated by your inept proposal.

Appalled,

The ammo coders accounted for that. The MD version of their law requires "pre-ban" ammo to be turned into the police without compensation, and makes reloading and reloading components illegal. See, they thought of everything.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#49]
If this retarded shit gets anywhere near being passed into law, someone please let me know so i can sell my TV to buy ammo...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top