Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol, yep.  Bought 1k in Sep last year and it was supposed to ship Nov..... then Dec....then Jan....now Feb.  I am starting to have doubts it will ever ship.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 1k rounds of wolf was pushed back from Feb to April (sportsmans guide)

Lol, yep.  Bought 1k in Sep last year and it was supposed to ship Nov..... then Dec....then Jan....now Feb.  I am starting to have doubts it will ever ship.

Were you guys around for the great SG Wolf buy in the mid (+ or -) 2000's? 1000 rounds for $99. The big problem then was people were ordering many 1000's .  SG cancelled a lot of orders stating something to the affect it was too much ammo for an order. I was lucky, didn't order too much for them to cancel me. Damn, still have some of it in stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm looking for primers and haven't found them for some time. Know a source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just wondering about the yearly production rates and where those numbers are today

There are plenty of raw resources for component/ammunition production.

Every month ammo production produces a consistent number, is there a graph for 2020?

I'm also looking and can't find a thing.

The monthly production rates are still occurring, where is the ammo going?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The problem with that mantra is people only recognize cheap when it has passed.  When you've seen a constant decrease in price over a year, there's no reason to think it won't be even cheaper next month.

Mantra needs to change.
View Quote

That mantra is a lie.  It was never, "Buy cheap, stack deep".  It was "Buy cheap, sell high".  ARFCOMers treat ammo like stock.  You buy it when you think it's cheap and wait to sell to some other poor schmuck when the price goes up.  The problem is, people didn't buy cheap and sell high.  They bought cheap and sold medium, because high is probably never going to come.  Ammo prices only ever go up now.  There's no ceiling, so you either keep what you got, or sell what you got and have nothing.  RIP those poor bastards that sold at 2x the price they bought at only to see that ammo now costs 3x.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the LGS is stocked like the old days, anything you want. Most of it is sold on GB for whatever price people bid it up to. Penny auctions.  They’ll be building a new building with the profits. Walk in locals pay pretty much normal price. I picked up a new gun a couple weeks ago and could have bought anything I wanted but just got reloading supplies since I didn’t need ammo.
Cabelas keeps sending sale emails but nothing is in stock. Useless.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless someone really needs the money they should keep all they have.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Arfcom mantra has been repeated incessantly since I first started here:  

“Buy cheap, stack deep.”
View Quote

A lot of countries have a 100rd limit for civilian ownership. I figure the left will try to do the same here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Were you guys around for the great SG Wolf buy in the mid (+ or -) 2000's? 1000 rounds for $99. The big problem then was people were ordering many 1000's .  SG cancelled a lot of orders stating something to the affect it was too much ammo for an order. I was lucky, didn't order too much for them to cancel me. Damn, still have some of it in stock.
View Quote

I am still  shooting Turkish 8MM ,  If I remember right it was 70 dollars for 1400 rounds . Comes on brass stripper clip and green bandoleers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The problem is that there's nothing to panic buy anymore. I'm not disputing that it's being manufactured, but it seems to not be reaching the retailers. Where's it going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both sides are panic buying like never before, for good reason.

The problem is that there's nothing to panic buy anymore. I'm not disputing that it's being manufactured, but it seems to not be reaching the retailers. Where's it going?

it is hitting retailers....ppl are buying it as soon as it hits the stores online and off. You can find it online if you want to pay .85 plus a round for 5.56 or 2.25 for 6.5 Creedmoor
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it's being farmed out in dribs and drabs.  It's being spread thin among all distributors.

Two weeks ago I just missed a couple of cases of Federal .223.  Two ladies snapped it up as soon as the clerk put it on the shelf.

I think that store only got those two cases, and hasn't got any since.

It's like having to spread a small shipment of toilet paper among all the Walmarts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Question to all that have been buying ammo....What about current firearms availability in your AO?

I haven't been in a gun store in months, but how has firearms availability changed in the last week or so? I mean standard PSA style AR rifles, Glock 17/19, etc?

If so, what are prices on those now on new rifles?
View Quote
Stock is pretty thin, but they're still gettable.  Pump action shotguns are way worse, almost entirely wiped out since around the election.

Generic AR's are up about $100 at LGS, and they don't go on sale anymore at Rural King so I guess you could say about the same for them.  Price hasn't shifted as much on handguns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Plot twist, all resources are gone, covid and gov locked it all down. Whats left is what's mined and stored. Civil War coming and gov gonna ban ammo
View Quote

Interestingly enough, I know the former County Sheriff whose son is still a County Sheriff in one of the largest counties in Florida. He says that they are restricting training severely because of the lack of ammo. Even the sheriff's department can't get it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
This is all I got... majority of the .556 was bought at .30 a round back in 2019... I know it pales in comparison to what some of you guys got stockpiles but it’s enough to protect my family and I know better next time

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am still  shooting Turkish 8MM ,  If I remember right it was 70 dollars for 1400 rounds . Comes on brass stripper clip and green bandoleers.
View Quote

Yep,  I still have maybe 7 bandoliers left....I got them from SOG, (Southern Ohio Gun), for $5 per bandolier....I think each bandolier has 70 rounds on strippers. HOT ammo too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So are the mfgs unable to get components because they are made in China?  How does one make a primer?
View Quote

"Mercury(II) fulminate, or Hg(CNO)2, is a primary explosive. It is highly sensitive to friction, heat and shock and is mainly used as a trigger for other explosives in percussion caps and detonators.
First used as a priming composition in small copper caps beginning in the 1820s, mercury fulminate quickly replaced flints as a means to ignite black powder charges in muzzle-loading firearms. Later, during the late 19th century and most of the 20th century, mercury fulminate or potassium chlorate became widely used in primers for self-contained rifle and pistol ammunition. Mercury fulminate has the distinct advantage over potassium chlorate of being non-corrosive, but it is known to weaken with time, by decomposing into its constituent elements. The reduced mercury which results forms amalgams with cartridge brass, weakening it, as well. Today, mercury fulminate has been replaced in primers by more efficient chemical substances. These are non-corrosive, less toxic and more stable over time; they include lead azide, lead styphnate and tetrazene derivatives. In addition, none of these compounds require mercury for manufacture, supplies of which can be unreliable in wartime.
Mercury(II) fulminate is prepared by dissolving mercury in nitric acid and adding ethanol to the solution. It was first prepared by Edward Charles Howard in 1800"
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get some cheap 9mm?

I don't really want to pay more than .20/rd.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A lot of countries have a 100rd limit for civilian ownership. I figure the left will try to do the same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Arfcom mantra has been repeated incessantly since I first started here:  

“Buy cheap, stack deep.”

I expect they will attempt to pass a Federal version of the California law:
requires anyone who purchases ammunition to undergo a background check, at a cost of $1, with every purchase. Those who don’t already have their information in the Department of Justice’s system for these point-of-sale screenings will have to pay up to $20 for an initial screening. The law also requires that all ammo purchases take place in person. Even online orders must be delivered to a licensed vendor for customer pick-up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I found a bunch of 9mm at a local GS this past weekend.

Only issue.... $800 for 1000 rds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If the Dems have their way, I predict they will put most of the ammo makers out of business and restrict most of it for police and gov. thugs.
View Quote

That might wake the fudds up
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your probably not going to get that because the Democrats will be banning imported ammo in the next few wks IMO. ??
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have some at that price, but I am stuck in Canada. Send me..........

I, I can't do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 1k rounds of wolf was pushed back from Feb to April (sportsmans guide)

You need to document your backorder renewal.
I had 5 cases on order years ago, kept renewing the backorder, but , surprise, surprise, when the price kept going up and up they said I did not renew the backorder.
Poof, order cancelled.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Both sides are panic buying like never before, for good reason.
View Quote
Had a couple with BLM masks in Academy Sunday pissed they didn't have handguns in woman size!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last I checked December 2019 had some.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#27]
You don't need more than a box of ammo a year to shoot a deer. What are you, a white nationalist terrorist?!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just wondering about the yearly production rates and where those numbers are today

There are plenty of raw resources for component/ammunition production.

Every month ammo production produces a consistent number, is there a graph for 2020?

Biden and the Democrats are probably buying it all.......

What’s really weird is ammo like .32-20 and other uncommon calibers are difficult if not impossible to find....... as well as 8 round enbloc clips for Garands
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One of the LGS is stocked like the old days, anything you want. Most of it is sold on GB for whatever price people bid it up to. Penny auctions.  They'll be building a new building with the profits. Walk in locals pay pretty much normal price. I picked up a new gun a couple weeks ago and could have bought anything I wanted but just got reloading supplies since I didn't need ammo.
Cabelas keeps sending sale emails but nothing is in stock. Useless.
View Quote
Mind sharing this LGS?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Prices haven’t hit the point yet to encourage people to sell some of their stashes.  If/when that happens, you’ll see some more ammo out there for sale.

My position has been consistent on my own stash.  When i can sell .223/5.56 for over $1 per round consistently, after shipping, gunbroker fees, my fuel and costs to get it done, I’ll be interested in selling some.  Same with 9mm.

Neither have reached that level.  Sure, some stuff has gone for over $1 per round on gunbroker, but they take a chunk in fees, the shipping costs a bunch, and there’s the incidental stuff.  It’s hard to keep it over $1.  It used to be easier with Armslist, but now they charge as well.

As for retail, yeah, stuff IS available.  It’s just not available at prices people want to pay.  I know where you can get cases locally if 9mm for $700-800.  At the moment, that’s normal.  What people want is $150-250 cases; that’s not going to happen for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Neither have reached that level.  Sure, some stuff has gone for over $1 per round on gunbroker, but they take a chunk in fees, the shipping costs a bunch, and there’s the incidental stuff.  It’s hard to keep it over $1.  It used to be easier with Armslist, but now they charge as well.

As for retail, yeah, stuff IS available.  It’s just not available at prices people want to pay.  I know where you can get cases locally if 9mm for $700-800.  At the moment, that’s normal.  What people want is $150-250 cases; that’s not going to happen for a LONG time.
View Quote

Use UPS flat rate. It will save quite a bit in shipping costs. I wasn’t aware flat rate was a thing with UPS until 6 months ago roughly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What’s really weird is ammo like .32-20 and other uncommon calibers are difficult if not impossible to find....... as well as 8 round enbloc clips for Garands
View Quote

I bought a Krag 30-40.  All I have is one 20 round box for it. Almost every place online is out of it I found one place that was 50 something dollars a box. I think it's going to be just a wall hanger for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm starting to regret having sold all of mine. Doesn't look like the opportunity to replenish is going to come cheap.
View Quote

A lot of people thought they would get rich and replenish after the elections and it would be cheap again. I was tempted but why sell something I have that I will want later without knowing what the market would do was my thinking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Use UPS flat rate. It will save quite a bit in shipping costs. I wasn’t aware flat rate was a thing with UPS until 6 months ago roughly.
View Quote

I didn’t either.  Interesting.

Are there no restrictions on flat rate stuff?  I would have thought ORD-M (I know it’s not characterized as that anymore) might be a restricted/special class of product that would exclude it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This was always a known risk.  I kept a good 10k in reserve for personal use.  Put quite a bit of the gain from my ammo fort into nice guns I wanted.

Ammo is still available if you really need it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the "big money" flippers got fucked by trying to make a few hundred dollars in the short term.  Too shortsighted in their part.

This was always a known risk.  I kept a good 10k in reserve for personal use.  Put quite a bit of the gain from my ammo fort into nice guns I wanted.

Ammo is still available if you really need it.

Ditto. Bought a Benelli M4. No regrets.
Still have a plentiful ammo stash.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"Mercury(II) fulminate, or Hg(CNO)2, is a primary explosive. It is highly sensitive to friction, heat and shock and is mainly used as a trigger for other explosives in percussion caps and detonators.
First used as a priming composition in small copper caps beginning in the 1820s, mercury fulminate quickly replaced flints as a means to ignite black powder charges in muzzle-loading firearms. Later, during the late 19th century and most of the 20th century, mercury fulminate or potassium chlorate became widely used in primers for self-contained rifle and pistol ammunition. Mercury fulminate has the distinct advantage over potassium chlorate of being non-corrosive, but it is known to weaken with time, by decomposing into its constituent elements. The reduced mercury which results forms amalgams with cartridge brass, weakening it, as well. Today, mercury fulminate has been replaced in primers by more efficient chemical substances. These are non-corrosive, less toxic and more stable over time; they include lead azide, lead styphnate and tetrazene derivatives. In addition, none of these compounds require mercury for manufacture, supplies of which can be unreliable in wartime.
Mercury(II) fulminate is prepared by dissolving mercury in nitric acid and adding ethanol to the solution. It was first prepared by Edward Charles Howard in 1800"
View Quote

It will also blow the living shit out of a laundry room.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Nevermind. I can't read!

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Dems have their way, I predict they will put most of the ammo makers out of business and restrict most of it for police and gov. thugs.

No, it won't. They'll be on the trains headed to the camps still talking about how you don't need nothun but a box of thirdy-thirdy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I bought a Krag 30-40.  All I have is one 20 round box for it. Almost every place online is out of it I found one place that was 50 something dollars a box. I think it's going to be just a wall hanger for the foreseeable future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been looking for a Krag, and was going to get one from the CMP, but I don’t think they have ammo for them and it’s not available anywhere...... might wait for awhile
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.
View Quote

I've got a wiffleball bat & a heavy duty grilling spatula, I think I'll be OK
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.
View Quote

Uh...yeah. Me too...

I...also...sold ALL of my ammo -- and guns -- recently. ALL. OF. IT.

Shucks...didn't see this coming. Anyone have a revolver I could buy?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Last night one could buy 7.62x:39 for $400 plus shipping. Commie guns are fun to shoot also, but many tossed them in the trash. So there’s that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I'm starting to regret having sold all of mine. Doesn't look like the opportunity to replenish is going to come cheap.

https://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif

In this thread, we discover that capitalism requires some measure of intelligence.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Uh...yeah. Me too...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh...yeah. Me too...

You guys had guns? this is an airsoft cooking forum.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Walmart here hasn't had even a single shotgun shell for 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.

I'm more worried about ever finding another bottle of Blanton's again. Eagle Rare seems to be going that way too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We were warned to buy during the salad days.  Shame on you if you didn't.

This.

I'm more worried about ever finding another bottle of Blanton's again. Eagle Rare seems to be going that way too.

Traded some 855 for this a few days ago ??

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I just picked up 2 boxes of 338 win mag for the low cost of $135. Not too bad, only $3.37 per round.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got notice last night that a bunch of Wolf X39 I backordered in November is being delivered this week. FedEx guy ain't gonna be happy. The 4 pay plan helps to ease the pain. Still got a bunch of stuff on B/O at Optics Planet I'll probably never see. At least Sportsman's Guide has always come thru for me on their backorders. It's always crazy to get those backorders shipped in and have the current value of the items be 2.5X what I bought it for a couple months back. Better than gold.....unfortunately.
View Quote

Yeah, I made a mistake not ordering late last fall when some members here listed the ability to backorder at SG x39 Wolf, at a good standard price.  I guess I didn't think they'd honor the price when it came in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah, I made a mistake not ordering late last fall when some members here listed the ability to backorder at SG x39 Wolf, at a good standard price.  I guess I didn't think they'd honor the price when it came in.
View Quote

I've got some backorders with them for ammo.  They went from November delivery, to December, to January to September
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top