Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 3:27:01 PM EDT
I'm looking for information about the American Security safes.

(I already did a search for any prior threads about it)

Locksmith friend offered about 48% off on any of the AmSec safes I want, so I'm considerinf getting one.

The only problem is that I can't find much info about the thickness of the steel used on the body, or information about the locking mechanisms. I was looking at Remington Medallion safes the other day and thought the cam locking system was really nice and sturdy, plus I liked having active bolts on 3 sides of the door.

The warranty is lifetime (plus) but requires prepaid shipment to the factory, which I'll accept.

Can anyone give their experience, knowledge, hearsay about the AmSec BF series safes?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:03:28 PM EDT
BTT

If anyone owns one and could take a few pics for me, it would be a big help too, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:18:42 AM EDT
got one, #6022 if i remember right. Picked up from Turners abt 15 years ago-on sale and the price was right. 1/4" on the door, don't remember container specs. This model has s&g combo dial, only 4 active bolts, comaratively lightweight(3-400??lbs)-need to bolt down-but good for me moving through aptments. Withstood a couple of burglaries-fuckers just looked at it and went on to easier stuff.

They are out in riverside or somewhere in socal.

hth
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:49:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 4:56:15 AM EDT by j3_]
I have had one for about seven years. Open it daily and have had no problem so far. Got the fire liner in it. It is one of the LP models.
Top Top