Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2002 7:27:12 PM EDT
Edited to add that this is a copy of an e-mail I received on another list. If it is a repeat, I apologize.

Today was a great day.  HR 4635 passed on the House floor by a 3 to 1 margin and an amendment to the bill was accepted that mandates the program and doesn't limit the number of participating pilots.

Also, Sen. Barbara Boxer (big time Democrat and anti-gun Senator from CA) just pledged her support of the equivalent Senate bill.  This makes it a bipartisan bill and gives it a much better chance of passing.

Thanks to all of you that contacted your Rep.  Now let's focus on the Senate!   (S. 2554)    Correct Capital Switchboard #:  (202) 224-3121

APA has published a video showing why a Taser would be ineffective against numerous, dedicated terrorists and how lethal force is more appropriate.  Watch the video:

[url]apamedia01.alliedpilots.org/LWD/LWD_DSL.asf[/url]

Thanks again for all your support,

Joe Kalil
Chairman, Technical Research Committee
APSA
www.secure-skies.org
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
got a link to a downloadable veresion? the stream sucks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No. It worked fine for me. Sorry about your luck.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting this, you beat me to it.

It's a great win, now we need to double up our efforts.  

It does make me queesy to be on the same side as Barbra Boxeater though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
ASF = A Stupid Format.  

Cool to the bill passing, now if they'd just get Boxer to resign, that would be better.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The stream sucked the first time and the connection got lost.  Second time faired better.

Shit, I just thought of another scenario that the badguys could use to their advantage.  Pretty scary and I don't think I should mention it here until...I can think of a way for it to be defeated.  

Maybe I should be the new homeland security Czar.[+]:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top