Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 2:33:09 PM EDT
I posted the following in another thread, but felt that I should remove it from there and post it in its own thread because it is a pretty big question that I am baffled on. Please enlighten me...

Why do most Jews in this country (that you see on TV anyways) seem to be such liberals?  The libs in this country and the entire rest of the planet HATE the Jews and Isreal. So why in the hell don't so many American Jews understand that? Can someone answer me that? I am a supporter of Isreal, but I have always felt that most of the predominant Jewish American organizations are sell-outs to their own people in their homeland. Why would anyone side with someone who wants to see you dissappear? Of course, I could ask that same question to the liberals and the media regarding their love of islam...
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I understood as well.  Like Tom Lantos, Democrat from CA, is a liberal from hell, yet he lived under Hitler's rule in Europe?  Makes no sense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I beg to differ...I'm not Jewish,but I've met more than few Jews who were right wing conservatives and gun nuts.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember a columnist named Rosenthal discuss this this in a column.  Basically he said the Jewish religion/culture has a sympathetic and charitible ethos that they identify with in the Democratic party.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps they wish the trains to run on time?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it has to do with their distrust of government authority.  Since the 70s, the Republicans have been considered a "law and order" strong defense party while the Democrats have been considered an anti-establishment party distrustful of law enforcement and the military.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I remember a columnist named Rosenthal discuss this this in a column.  Basically he said the Jewish religion/culture has a sympathetic and charitible ethos that they identify with in the Democratic party.

Maybe you're right raven. It's always baffled me. And ditto that ETH, they should be running the NRA right now. Maybe if they went home to stay in Isreal for a month out of the year they'd get a dose of reality...
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
As a Jewish gun-nut, I have to agree with the sentiments expressed here.  It baffles me to no end that my fellow Jews could support disarming the people after what happened in Nazi Germany.  Now Israeli Jews are whole different animal.  They understand completely.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I call the jews over here "BAGEL JEWS" because many seem to be the whiny Steven Spielberg types.  I have all the respect in the world for the hard-charging, defense-oriented jews in Israel.

BTW, I've known several jews who have dual citizenship between here and there.  Back in high school, they always bragged about the compulsary military service they have to do.  Those same blowhards are still here with nothing but tough talk, no action!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I was watching the Pianist the other day I wanted to shoot the guy myself.  When some the Jews took up arms he just watched them get killed and hid.  I understand turn the other cheek but God also said a tooth for a tooth in the old testament.   I dated a nice Jewish girl from Whiteplains, as liberal as you can get.  Couple of things she said still stands out. 1.  Guns are bad.  But she was fascinated with my AR15 and came home oneday and she was showing it to her girlfriends.  2.   She thought Jews were the only ones to ever suffer loss on the scale of the Holocaust.  She came around on both points.  It was a hoot to talk to her friends fron NY.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top