Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2002 6:50:44 PM EDT
By God - I've done it, and it wasn't even hard.
The last episode of that miserable series is on now - but I'm watching Kelly on "Married with Children"..
I win!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
American Idol?  I never even heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You are my hero AZ Sky, and I am dam serious...
You are from the right state too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
ilikelegs -
You have just named the "only" television channels transmitted that are worth watching (with the exception of south park, sorry) IMO.
I might also add Discovery Wings...
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Gotta be careful with TLC and Discovery, they both have a guns are bad and meat is murder attitude in a lot of their shows. The History Channel is pro gun as hell though.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
You... Yes you, You've seen the light.

I... I have sinned, please forgive me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sadly, I have suffered through EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF THAT PUTRID FILTH SINCE THE BEGINNING THANKS TO MY WIFE WHO IS ADDICTED TO THE DIGITAL CRACK CALLED REALITY TELEVISION.

sorry for yelling
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife likes it.

I don't complain, the women are cute . . .
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I too am proud to say I haven't seen a single episode.  Just think, we now get to not watch the whole season of American Idol 2. [:D]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I cannot stand watching any of those network so-called "reality" t.v. shows. The people on there are either obnoxious assholes like that simon guy or hysterical morons like on the survivor/dog eat dog/big brother shows.

The only "reality" shows that I found interesting were Frontier House (even though that ex-cop old fart was spouting anti-gun crap) and 1900 House on PBS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw maybe a minute of the end.  Friend had to tell me what the show was about...was flipping through channels and was curious to know why people were crying and there was confetti...
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
"American Idol", I wonder what other countrys think of us when they see that. Imagine "Canadian Idol" or "Mexican Idol". That would be a good laugh.

Gaspain
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Besides being the proverbial "bread and circuses" to keep the masses occupied, "reality" tv programming also serves a useful conditioning purpose.

All of these shows encourage a "me versues you" mentality.  The prevailing notion is that everyone else is your enemy, and that you must deny them victory by ignoring or betraying them in some way.  By ratting out your companions, you are rewarded by a higher authority (the network, but just as easily, the guvmint).

This is simply a TIPS primer running on prime time TV.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"American Idol", I wonder what other countrys think of us when they see that. Imagine "Canadian Idol" or "Mexican Idol". That would be a good laugh.

Gaspain
View Quote

Actually "American Idol" is an "americanized" clone of a show which originated in Britian. You would be surprised at just how many shows on regular and cable came from that damned country.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive never seen it either, Ive never even seen survivor, too busy drinkin.. [:d]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Last night was the first time I've watched A.I.
and I thought that Justin Guarini fella was kinda cute. Too bad, he was beaten by whatshername from Texas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't have taken $5 to watch one episode of Idol.
On the other hand, I've become addicted to Survivor and can't wait for the new one to begin.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
<------THIS ONE HASNT SEEN IT EITHER!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Like some others, I never even heard of the show until today.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Did that wierdo " Side Show Bob " lookin freak win ? That guy seemed alittle fruity !
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:04:06 AM EDT
[#24]
What is really disgusting is that the winner is going to sing the National Anthem at the Lincoln Memorial on September 11th.  That is heinous sacriledge of the worst kind.  Fox has gone way to far this time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I refuse to watch it, as well as any other prime time network tv.  I think it irritates my wife to no end...she likes her Friends and Raymond.  She tells me that I hate everything that is trendy...which I suppose is true.

I am sickened by the mindless masses in this country.  Its just like with award shows...what does it matter who won best video of the year?  does the average brainless person need to have a reason to like a song or video?  Its like people have to be told what to like and not like anymore.  Its almost like this is the standard water cooler conversation, so if you don't watch your excluded.  

There are times I think that American society can't sink any lower...then the prime time line up is announced for the next year and I'm proven wrong yet again.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
By God - I've done it, and it wasn't even hard.
The last episode of that miserable series is on now - but I'm watching Kelly on "Married with Children"..
I win!!!
View Quote

I never even channel-surfed through it. No interest whatsoever. Hell I didn't even know what day it was on!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I watched the entire series...or at least I was present in the Living Room while it was on. My decision to watch was based on the following options:

A. Watch it with girlfriend while surfing ar15.com from my laptop on the living room couch.

B. Not watch it and listen to her tell me all a out it (which would have been more painful than watching).

I made the right choice, if you can call self-preservation a choice.

Actually, besides the BS from the hosts, it was OK. Some of the singers were very good but the best were the judges (specifically Simon). Simon had the no-BS attitude and told it like it was. In the beginning it was funny...screaming mimi's who thought they were great singers! Couldn't hit a note with a hammer and were too stupid or self-absorbed to realize it.

As for the winner - very good singer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Last night was the first time I've watched A.I.
and I thought that Justin Guarini fella was kinda cute. Too bad, he was beaten by whatshername from Texas.
View Quote

Yes, my wife is, um, [i]interested[/i] in Justin as well.

And she has seen [b]every[/b] episode too!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#29]
i also didnt watch any one it. i figure if i ever decide to care about who won i can just turn on the news since there was a damn recap every 10 minutes it seemed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top