Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2005 6:28:03 PM EDT by MrsDrFrige]
Thought y'all might be interested in an email I just received.  I will include the ENTIRE email here but my thoughts first  <g>
I checked girls inc and found everything the email said...I checked snopes and found nothing...
SHould you find something, my feelings wont be hurt.....
For me, the pro abortion stance for minor really bugs me....

:::Email begins::::
I just spent 20 minutes looking into this and it's exactly as stated.  I'm so upset about this, and sent an e-mail through the link provided.  I hope you'll take a look and speak up too.

*********************­**********************

NOTE:  If you have the option to do so, please add us to your 'buddy', 'accepted', 'approved' or 'trusted sender' list to ensure you continue to receive our messages. Thanks.

October 11, 2005

American Girl teams with pro-abortion, pro-lesbian group

Dear Faye,

Possibly some of you have daughters who play with the American Girl dolls or read their books. You may even be thinking about buying a doll or books for Christmas. Well, it turns out American Girl (owned by Mattel) is partnering with a group called Girls Inc. to sell a bracelet, the "I Can" band, which financially supports Girls Inc. Seventy cents of every purchase goes to Girls Inc. The band is sold on the American Girl webpage with a large ad and a link to the Girls Inc. webpage. In addition, the webpage says American Girl is giving $50,000 to Girls, Inc.

The problem here is that Girls Inc. has on their webpage a statement saying they particularly support abortion and a girl's right to abort an unwanted baby. They were quite clear about their support for Roe, so there is no mistake or room for confusion on that count. Additionally, Girls Inc. supports contraceptives for girls.

They also support and offer resources encouraging lesbian and bi-sexual lifestyles, actually offering resources for girls. One of their publications states, "The emergence of a lesbian identity is an ongoing process, rather than an event."

Of course, American Girl itself is a separate company, unrelated to Girls, Inc. except now by webpage and the seventy cents on every bracelet. I checked out the Girls, Inc. website, and it is exactly as I have told you. Below are some direct links, so that you can see them for yourself.

American Girl website offering "I Can" band to benefit Girls Inc.
store.americangirl.com/shop/ican.php

Girls Inc. homepage
www.girlsinc.org/ic

Girls Incorporated supports a woman's freedom of choice
www.girlsinc.org/ic/page.php?id=4.3.4

Convenient access to safe, effective methods of contraception
www.girlsinc.org/ic/page.php?id=4.3.4

Girls and Lesbian, Bisexual, and Questioning Identities
www.girlsinc.org/ic/content/lesbianbisexualgirls.pdf

Free your mind: The book for gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth and their allies.
www.girlsinc.org/ic/content/sexualityresourcesgirls.pdf

Girls and Sexual Health (with sexual orientation on page 3)
www.girlsinc.org/ic/content/GirlsandSexualHealth.pdf
I hope you will take time to let American Girl know they are making a terrible mistake by supporting the pro-abortion, pro-lesbian organization, Girls Inc.

Please send them an email expressing your disappointment and let American Girl president Ellen Brothers know the company's decision casts a great shadow over their trustworthiness to put the welfare of girls and children first.

Click Here To Email American Girl Now!

Sincerely,
Donald E. Wildmon, Chairman
OneMillionMoms.com

P.S. Please forward this to your family and friends!

American Family Superstore - Everything for the Family! Books... Music... Videos.
It's Not Gay - This 28-minute video presents a story few have heard, allowing former homosexuals the opportunity to tell their story in their own words. Along with medical and mental health experts, these individuals express a clear warning that the sanitized version of homosexuality being presented to students is not the whole truth.
Smoky Mountain Worldview Weekend - November 4 & 5 conference includes Ken Ham, David Barton, Woodrow Kroll, Dr. Erwin Lutzer, Kerby Anderson, and others.
  Marriage:  One Man One Woman - Take a stand for marriage. Rear Window/Bumper Stickers. Printed on weather-proof, laminate, vinyl stock.

PRIVACY POLICY: Information you share with us will never be sold, rented, or given to any third party. Protecting your privacy is of utmost importance to us.

Unsubscribe   |   Update e-mail address   |   Privacy Policy

If you are a Federal Civilian, Postal or Military Employee, please consider American Family Association (#2058) for your annual CFC participation.

Questions or comments about OneMillionMoms.com? Contact us via email, phone, fax, or postal mail.

American Family Association
PO Drawer 2440 -- Tupelo, MS 38803
1-662-844-5036

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:34:50 PM EDT
My give a fuck seems to be broken...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:36:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

<checks GAF>

Mine's still working.

Tagged!

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:41:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

<checks GAF>

Mine's still working.

Tagged!

Mine was simply out of calibration...it was out of popcorn.

Who cares if some fundraising group links up with another fundraising group and a business?

Pro-abortion? I seriously doubt it. They probably think that abortion should be an available last ditch option.

Me personaly, I am Pro-Abortion. In the literal sense.

As to the lesbian thing, who cares?

I don't give a shit who fucks who how, provided everyone is above the age of consent, and it's consensual. As long as I don't have to fund it, I don't care...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:45:05 PM EDT
Thank you for sharing your news. I think it's absolutely disgusting how these homo/murder groups can't be honest with their fund raising, but try to deceive and back door us.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:47:01 PM EDT
Lesbians, abortion and dolls...20 pages, at least.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:47:49 PM EDT

<checks GAF>

Mine's still working.

Tagged!

Who cares if some fundraising group links up with another fundraising group and a business?

Pro-abortion? I seriously doubt it. They probably think that abortion should be an available last ditch option.

I don't give a shit who fucks who how, provided everyone is above the age of consent, and it's consensual. As long as I don't have to fund it, I don't care...

Well, then.

You should have paid attention to the fact that this is a TOY aimed at YOUNG GIRLS to attack their sexuality from an early age, in a sneaky fashion.  MATTEL should have paid closer attention to whom they were partnering with . . . because Christmas is almost here and I will buy nothing that I can associate with MATTEL and their products.

The idea behind this?  This little sideline is what the cigarette companies did . . . get 'em young and they are yours for life.

I don't care what you choose when you are old enough to make an educated decision . . . up to you.  But when you are laying a trap from MY DAUGHTER you have stepped over the line.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:53:01 PM EDT
I take it nobody will be buying a Mattell AR15 then?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:56:06 PM EDT

P.S. Please forward this to your family and friends!

Alto! Danger! Hint!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:00:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:

Well, then.

You should have paid attention to the fact that this is a TOY aimed at YOUNG GIRLS to attack their sexuality from an early age, in a sneaky fashion.  MATTEL should have paid closer attention to whom they were partnering with . . . because Christmas is almost here and I will buy nothing that I can associate with MATTEL and their products.

The idea behind this?  This little sideline is what the cigarette companies did . . . get 'em young and they are yours for life.

I don't care what you choose when you are old enough to make an educated decision . . . up to you.  But when you are laying a trap from MY DAUGHTER you have stepped over the line.

Does the doll come with a mullet and an S-10? HTF is a doll going to influence you kid's sexual orientation? That's as rediculous as blaming music for school shootings.

Or are you seriously concerned that toys (inanimate objects) are going to inflict some kind of evil all on their own?

Don't support the company--it's your dollar, but to seriously suggest that a doll would make a kid gay is retarded.

GT
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:07:02 PM EDT
I thought this thread was going to be about one of my favorite Tom Petty songs. Boy, was I wrong.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:22:25 PM EDT
While I personally have no problems with lesbo's or baby killers...I certainly don't want to send them any more money than they can reasonably expect to extort from taxpayers via the federal guvment.

thanks fer the heads up
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:26:48 PM EDT

<checks GAF>

Mine's still working.

Tagged!

My POINT was that this girls toy is promoting apparel/ware that funds a charity promoting abortion....and If I read the site correctly....abortion for MINORS
If you have young kids, you might get the catalog.....they are really neat...and the kids love to look at them.

I could give 2 fucks about the lesbian/gay point....but the abortion one really irks me
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:28:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wombat_SCSO:
I thought this thread was going to be about one of my favorite Tom Petty songs. Boy, was I wrong.

Editted title to fix the misconception

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:35:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsDrFrige:

My POINT was that this girls toy is promoting apparel/ware that funds a charity promoting abortion....and If I read the site correctly....abortion for MINORS
If you have young kids, you might get the catalog.....they are really neat...and the kids love to look at them.

I could give 2 fucks about the lesbian/gay point....but the abortion one really irks me

See, and what I got out of the Girl's Inc portion of it was that they support Roe V Wade, and support contraception. Contraception that will end up preempting abortions.

Unless you are of the opinion that all teenage girls have their wits about them all the time and would never be tempted into sex. And that they don't need contraceptives for sex that they would never ever engage in......and that should they engage in sex before they are mature enough to deal with the ramifications of sex itself, they should also have no recourse to abort (yes, it's ending a life, and yes it's bad) thereby chancing the loss of any future that they may have had?

Abortion is not good. But neither is an idiot 15 year old having a child.

GT
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:38:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RoyDamnMercer:
While I personally have no problems with lesbo's or baby killers...I certainly don't want to send them any more money than they can reasonably expect to extort from taxpayers via the federal guvment.

thanks fer the heads up

Yes, you sound like a well reasoned individual.

Might I make a suggestion? If you hate something, never dehumanize it. If you dehumanize your enemy, you cannot fully enjoy its suffering.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:40:14 PM EDT
GAF is broken.
Top Top