Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 8:39:53 PM EDT
What do you guys think about people who put America Flag stickers on imported cars?  I personally see them as being patriotic, but I can see how some might find it sacriligious.  Does it bother you?  Do you even care?  What say you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't care.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
most "imported" cars are made in USA anyway, while most "made in USA" cars are actually made in canada and mexico.... kinda paradoxical
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No different than the flag on this web page being displayd on my Korean made monitor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Are the flag stickers made in China?

If so, it's all good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Misguided.  Ironic.  Just plain looks stupid.  Now if it's a "support the troops" w/the flag sticker then no problem.  Standing alone its out of place.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't care.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Alot of the "foriegn" cars are made here.

After the shit the UAW pulled with those Marines a few months back, I doubt I will ever buy another UAW manufactured vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What do you guys think about people who put America Flag stickers on imported cars?  I personally see them as being patriotic, but I can see how some might find it sacriligious.  Does it bother you?  Do you even care?  What say you.

Well, it's like this: I love my country, but the domestically produced cars, namely Ford, GM and Chrysler, are all SHIT. Turds with wheels. Crap. Junk. Garbage. Motorized feces.

Therefore, I choose to drive a car that will give me good service for my money, and was made in America, by American workers, but ISN'T a complete piece of fucking overpriced junk.

Capitalism at it's finest.

SG
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Misguided.  Ironic.  Just plain looks stupid.  Now if it's a "support the troops" w/the flag sticker then no problem.  Standing alone its out of place.

You must be referring to putting an American flag sticker on "American" car that is actually made in Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
A car is a car. Ill but what I like cause of what I like, not where its made.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it's like this: I love my country, but the domestically produced cars, namely Ford, GM and Chrysler, are all SHIT. Turds with wheels. Crap. Junk. Garbage. Motorized feces.

Therefore, I choose to drive a car that will give me good service for my money, and was made in America, by American workers, but ISN'T a complete piece of fucking overpriced junk.

Capitalism at it's finest.

SG

+infinity
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be referring to putting an American flag sticker on "American" car that is actually made in Mexico.

There are plenty of American cars still made in America.  You want to be patriotic, buy one and forget about the sticker - I'd have more respect that way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are plenty of American cars still made in America.  You want to be patriotic, buy one and forget about the sticker - I'd have more respect that way.

Yep, nothing more patriotic than the people building American cars. Here's a great example of their love for the good old USofA:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332642
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]

I don't care.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen the Confederate license plates on the front of a few Toyota pickups around here.  Doesnt make a whole lotta sense.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to own a Chevy Lumina. It was built in Canada. What do you think about that?

Like previously said, most imports are American made and most "American" cars are made elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I burn gas made from imported oil
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess it depends on where the car was built. I dont see that many imported cars around here anymore since GM discontinued the Camero/Firebird.  Mostly just US made Hondas, toyotas and Mercedes around here.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I OK with it...

but technically, I think it's backwards...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the sticker just symbolizes the drivers support for USA. As far as keeping the money in the US, well since 9-11 all we bought are American Cars
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, nothing more patriotic than the people building American cars. Here's a great example of their love for the good old USofA:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332642

I couldn't open your link.  I've got no love for the almighty union but there are still American jobs at stake.  While I agree that in general, American cars are probably not as good and don't hold their value as well as most foreign cars - I still buy them.  To me being an American is more than jumping on the flag bandwagon and putting a sticker on your car - its supporting your fellow  countrymen with your wallet.  

It's the same reason that I'll go to the local hardware store and pay MORE than go to wal-mart and pay LESS for a foreign made product.  As globalism takes over this is becoming harder and harder to do.  God help us if we ever have to fight another conventional war on a large scale.  I'm not sure we have the manufacturing base to do it any more.  What are we leaving behind for our kids? Something to think about.

My .02
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#22]
This one might work for you: www.wxyztv.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_3608005,00.html

If not I'll give you a quick rundown of the initial article. The UAW stopped allowing Marine reservists to use parking facilities if their cars were imports or had Bush stickers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Blah...

I'm in the military, what else do I need to do to pass muster?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#24]
My Chevy PU is made in  MEXICO.

My BMW was made in Spartanburg, SC.  

So which car is foreign?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This one might work for you: www.wxyztv.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_3608005,00.html

If not I'll give you a quick rundown of the initial article. The UAW stopped allowing Marine reservists to use parking facilities if their cars were imports or had Bush stickers.

Yep, thats a big load of horsesheeet right there.  I still stand by my point though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I burn gas made from imported oil

I drive a Tacoma and have a Springfield Armory sticker thats an American flag on my truck
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The companies that have been moving jobs OUT of the U.S. have all been U.S. car manufacturers.

The companies that have been moving jobs INTO the U.S. have all been foreign car manufacturers.

Who are the ones you want to give your money again?  

If you are worried about your money going to Japan or Germany, buy STOCK in Toyota or BMW.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Blah...
I'm in the military, what else do I need to do to pass muster?

+1.
I spent 21 years in the Navy defending our country.
I'll fucking drive what ever I want and I'll put the American fucking flag on it if I want to.

That being said I did buy an American car for my wife, a Chevrolet Aveo Daewoo Kalos.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#29]
running Bars and Stars on both my imports and you know why? I'm a American and nobody can take that from me
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#31]

As for putting a U.S. flag on my Honda Accord, no I would not. I am a Virginian and display the Virginia state flag on it. Virginia first, all else after. If it was good enough for Robert E. Lee its good enough for me. I do not have one of the Support The Troops things on my Honda either, though I do have my hunt club logo sticker on it. I guess if I wanted to put a U,S, flag on my Honda I would not give a fat rats ass what some red-neck, unionized asshole thought anyway.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

As for putting a U.S. flag on my Honda Accord, no I would not. I am a Virginian and display the Virginia state flag on it. Virginia first, all else after. If it was good enough for Robert E. Lee its good enough for me. I do not have one of the Support The Troops things on my Honda either, though I do have my hunt club logo sticker on it. I guess if I wanted to put a U,S, flag on my Honda I would not give a fat rats ass what some red-neck, unionized asshole thought anyway.

Your "Virginia" is a far cry from the Virginia of Robert E. Lee. That Virginia is long gone and never to be seen again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top