Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/15/2002 8:27:23 PM EDT
[image]http://www.aaiusa.org/aai_stand_united.gif[/image] [url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/629073/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:39:14 PM EDT
So, our enemy is hate, not evil people chanting scary things about Allah. I feel better now. Thanks, AAI
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
Hate works for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:17:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:18:32 AM EDT
FUCK THEM! Hate is the enemy? That whole populace has had hatred for the US for generations! The religious persecution of non-muslims in that part of the wolrd can only be catagorized as hate. The elimination of Judeo-Christan faith in the middle east can only be catagorized as hate. What total fucking vomit sponsored by the ad council. [beer]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:26:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:48:17 AM EDT
History repeats itself and those who do not remember the past are doomed to relive it... Look back to WWII when it was the "Japanese Americans" who society decided to target as an avenue for their hate. Please refer to the post about the All Japanese American 442 division. These may not have been the most brave or galant men in ordinary life. But when forced to prove their love of country, despite society's doubts, they stood up to the challenge. I've heard that the reason they are the most decorated unit is because most of them died. I guess the colored boys were given the suicide missions or something. Today "Arab" and "Muslim Americans" face these exact same challenges. Please do not force these people to prove their loyalties to the country they have decided to choose as their home. The mere fact that they have chosen this great country to rest their families' heads in at night speaks volumes about the attitudes and beliefs they hold. Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:48:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:07:29 AM EDT
We gunners should be the last to paint everybody as our enemy. Witness how the anti gunners confuse gun owners and criminals, to the anti-gun crowd, gun owners and criminals are the same. "Criminals have guns, therefore all gun owners are criminals."
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:30:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2002 11:31:01 AM EDT by deadman]
Listen to raf and .50cali. They speak sense. Muslim Americans, and I mean true Americans who happen to have Islam as their faith, shold not have to be persecuted because they belong to a religion that these extremists also claim as their own. Muslims as a group are not the enemy. People have been doing evil things to people in the name of whatever god they belive in for as long as religion has been around, and these nutjobs are just the same as the Spanish Inquistors, and all those who seek to rid the world of all who don't believe in their religion, which should be practiced in the manner that they prescribe. The hatred of a part of group should not translate into hatred for the entire group. edited to change "rf" to "raf"
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:17:49 PM EDT
They are just following in the footsteps of the ADL and other "civil rights" groups with that patronizing ad (paid for by the ad council - no need for them to pay for propaganda). No original ideas of their own. Simply label people "haters" or the real enemy as hatred itself. Meanwhile people from these same communities continue to practice and recite their vicious screeds. In their minds they are just as much the victims of the attack AS THE ACTUAL VICTIMS, which is in very bad taste. Do you actually think with polls in Egypt and Saudi Arabia showing 70% (right after the attack) and 95%(! Saw this the other night on PBS' Newshour - they are doing some in depth series on Saudi Arabia) respectively in support of Bin Laden that those views are not shared by the newly immigrated communities here? Dream on! Some self policing was certainly needed before 9-11, and if only they would spend as much time on that as they do whining. But these kind of organizations do not deal with that, only the outside world, or broader America. They are no different than the NAACP, etc in that regard. In looking at the history of "hate groups" in this country (KKK, black groups, whatever) it always seems that there has been assistance given to Law Enforcement (Tip-offs, turning people in and other cooperation) from within those groups or communities. There are no indications that that is the case here, but I hope I am wrong. And when the FBI infiltrates someone (like into the first WTC bombing Blind Cleric mob)... they object and hold conferences televised by C-Span! I remember very vividly arab & muslim americans and the groups representing them IMPLORING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION TO BOMB THE SERBS BACK TO THE STONE AGE. TV appearences, demonstrations in our cities and in front of the White House. NOW THEY HAVE ALL BECOME PEACE ACTIVISTS. They say that they are against war in general as a means to solve problems. Excuse me? How did this transformation occur? I'll tell you: The despotic regimes we are now targeting for their crimes are made up of muslims. In this case they would rather see evil dictators remain in power and continue their reign of terror if the price for removing them would be the death of some of their people. The hypocrisy is incredible. Heck, even the French don't complain about the human cost of liberating them. And what about trying to understand other peoples humanity as well. It's not all about the muslims, but that's how many of them act. The things they've said and done in this country! The calls for Jihad and death to Israel IN A NEIGHBORHOOD MOSQUE (to quote the quaint expression used in the ad). Raising money to be used for murder. Even the liberal, diversity obsessed PBS had no choice but to document it in their "frontline" series. We have enough problems of our own - leave your hate baggage and issues back in the country you came from.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:55:04 PM EDT
Like the kid on Red Dawn said about hate when told that it would burn him up inside.... " It keeps me warm "
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:12:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2002 5:27:38 PM EDT by nightstalker]
I guess we should be flattered that they cared to preach to us. They've lost their moral standing by their failure to castigate the regimes that sponsor this terrorism. In fact the whole Arab world is in denial of their failure to meet the needs of their people and instead focus on their petty disputes and hatred of Israel. For the most part this country is keeping it's cool. We could do better but so could everyone else.....so what! Is it only those that think morality is a positive in society that have to have any? We are outraged and seek justice but I'm not going to be too surprised if wrath and hatred play a minor role in the proceedings. We're dealing with suicidal terrorists, possibly even pathological murderers. BTW I'm tired of hyphenated Americans. It would make more sense to call yourself a Californian or a New Yorker than ???-American. We sure don't accept John Walker calling himself a Taliban-American. Get real. There was an interesting story in "Beirut to Jerusalm" by Thomas Friedman where Israel had invaded Lebanon and an Israeli unit was watching the houses of suspected gun runners on the intelligence gathered by a local Lebanese. Every time the Israelis shelled a house that was involved in the movement of arms this local would jump up and down in joy. One day the other side figured out what was happening and sent a shell across that did minor damage to the local's house. At that he changed and screamed at the Israelis to leave and stop what they were doing. This is the Middle East, just a bunch of tribal interests. Only a fool would try to build a nation in a land like that. Even Arafat likes it better as a thorn in the side of Israel and the Arabs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:33:12 PM EDT
In this day and age, their are bad things happening to good people. But as far as these people are concerned, I'm just all out of sympathy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:55:13 PM EDT
For the record, the 442nd was a regiment not a division.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:02:38 PM EDT
I have to agree with Rabbit9 on this one. I have no sympathy for these people. Yes, we are all Americans, and yes we must all stand together. But don't hand me this hogwash comparing "fear of reprisal" by a Muslim store owner, or "defacing of a local mosque by vandals" to the events of 9/11!!! Let's get real, HUH!!! Biased liberal B.S.!!! I don't see anything about the kidnapped Wallstreet Journal reporter in their ad/photo!?! So tell me, how many "Muslim-Americans" are being held hostage by AR-15.com members??? (No wishful thinking...)
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:32:48 PM EDT
Sorry, raf, but I hear a deafening silence on the part of the Arab/Muslin World! I can't spend too much time worrying about them, I just say stand clear while we bomb the crap outta your co-religionists! You know, the ones who hate us! The rest of you have lost all moral authority to lecture the United States on how to deal with this problem. It was started in your house! It grew in your house! It was nurtured in your house! It was cultivated in your house! It was accepted in your house! It was ignored in your house! It was tolerated in your house! It was encouraged in your house! It was rationalized in your house! So when the terrorists come out of your house, don't be telling us that this is not the true face of Islam! [b]It damn well is![/b] It's the only face that you've bothered to show either now or over the past years! Eric The(GetReal)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:02:08 PM EDT
There's an Ad on the radio locally by the Ad Council that starts off by saying that 19 terrorists killed over 7000 people on 911. SEVEN THOUSAND!! That's not what the news papers are saying. What is the final count anyway Borg
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:36:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By We-rBorg: What is the final count anyway? Borg
View Quote
It's still rising, remains are still being found and identified.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2002 11:39:34 PM EDT by BlammO]
Originally Posted By deadman: Listen to raf and .50cali. They speak sense. Muslim Americans, and I mean true Americans who happen to have Islam as their faith, shold not have to be persecuted because they belong to a religion that these extremists also claim as their own. Muslims as a group are not the enemy. People have been doing evil things to people in the name of whatever god they belive in for as long as religion has been around, and these nutjobs are just the same as the Spanish Inquistors, and all those who seek to rid the world of all who don't believe in their religion, which should be practiced in the manner that they prescribe. The hatred of a part of group should not translate into hatred for the entire group.
View Quote
It seems that the overwhelming majority of Islamic nations and a great many Muslims in other nations have aligned themselves with our enemy, some more openly than others. It also seems that the Muslim community here in the U.S. has focused nearly 100% of their public relations activity trying to convince the rest of us that Islam -- as a whole -- is peaceful. That claim is impossible to reconcile with what we see going on in the world. If the Muslim community here is sincere, they should be doing [i]everything imaginable[/i] to [u]clean up the problem[/u] that has its roots within their own religion. They say they're peaceful? Well, lets see them clean house! This isn't just a PR game, IMO this is a matter of basic survival for them! Let their silence speak for itself. I'll repeat what was stated by Shooter69 because the same thing occured to me a couple of days ago and it's worth repeating a few hundred times:
I remember very vividly arab & muslim americans and the groups representing them IMPLORING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION TO BOMB THE SERBS BACK TO THE STONE AGE. TV appearences, demonstrations in our cities and in front of the White House. NOW THEY HAVE ALL BECOME PEACE ACTIVISTS. They say that they are against war in general as a means to solve problems. Excuse me?
View Quote
Oops, I forgot to add that I agree with not condemning all Muslims because of some -- there are some that I personally know are fine people. But regarding the final statement in my first quote above ("The hatred of a part of group should not translate into hatred for the entire group."), many Americans would probably agree with me that you don't have to [u]hate[/u] your enemy in order to defend yourself against them. I have no hatred for any of these people -- only the things that many of them do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:41:06 PM EDT
I get the feeling that this ad is not directed to all Americans, but the those of the Muslim faith. I really think that this is a message to those confused, mostly young and innocent, Muslims that reside here that the hate preached in their own community is what causes such evil acts of terrorism. Pretnend you are an eleven year old first generation Muslim, and read the ad again. It made me take a different perspective. Think about it...
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:57:55 PM EDT
I'll beleive it when I see it... When prominent US based clerics go on CNN to denounce in the harshest terms the actions and attitudes of thier co-religionist, maybe I will beleive it. When terrorists and thier supporters are publicly excommunicated by US (I don't expect foreign) clerics, maybe I will beleive it. When Christians can walk openly in (Ethiopia?) without the threat of forced conversion or death by the military, maybe I will beleive it. It seems the only time the US is wanted is when the locals face extermination by their muslim brothers. God will know his own.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:08:56 AM EDT
Pogo, I agree with you on most of your statements. Remember this ad is from the American Muslims. They have little influence in what happens to those of other faiths in other countries. You are right about the silence of many here in the US who are of Muslim faith as many stated in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:59:50 AM EDT
Go ahead and spank me for saying this but as far as I'm concerned, these Arab/Muslim types breed nothing but violence and terror in our society and have no repect for the western civilisation and what true freedom means or represents. Our countries have been populated by a 'stealth' invasion and the enemy sleeps within our borders. Now we must live in constant vigilence, where our innocense of our general population (including our wives and kids) is no longer. Our kind hearts and sympathies have truly been raped by such a savage people. Now we have to live with our mistakes created by our governments who wanted to be politically correct by allowing these so called refugees and assylum seekers haven in our western worlds. I would be so happy if there was no such thing as an Arab or a religion as Islam. 3000 people would be with their families tonight, thousands of Allied soldiers would be home, and the world would be a better place. It is a war between us and them. We will NOT be taken advantage of ever again. So if you are a bleeding heart or sympathetic to them, you should be ashamed of yourself, and you can kindly fuck right off! Remain ever vigilent. One truly and totally disgusted 1feral1 Sydney
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:36:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:55:34 AM EDT
No, not all Moslems are the enemy. I think that ad is pretty good, and makes a good point. Yes, the structure of the society that's built up in the Middle East over the past 6 hundred years is weak, paranoid, and immature. It seems many Arabs, especially, should be doing more to reform their own societies than gripe about ours, but that's the reality we're faced with. What's our best feedback to counter the Wahabbis? The millions of good Moslems who have moved here for the opportunity and write back home about how things really are. In the meantime, let's not allow the immature among us drive the debate.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:01:26 AM EDT
It's a dreadful advertisement, if you ask me. It must make some Arab-Americans feel good, but they should be thoroughly embarrassed by the ad, if you ask me! Why? Simple. Listen to whom they think the enemy is: [b]'There are those who say we don't know who our enemy is. [u]But we do[/u].' 'Our enemy is a neighborhood mosque defaced by vandals. An Arab-American storekeeper in fear of reprisal. A scared Muslim child bullied because she is different. Hate is our enemy.' Nope, I still don't believe that whoever placed this ad understands who our enemy is! Our enemies are the bastards who sent four hi-jacked airliners full of innocent men, women and children to their untimely deaths! Our enemies are the bastards who crashed those hi-jacked airliners into the WTC and the Pentagon. Our enemies are those who cheered, danced and ululated when news of the destruction was made known. Our enemies are those who eagerly await it happening again. And our enemies are those who are of the same blood and religion as those who committed these atrocities who lift not a finger, and wag not a tongue, to keep it all from happening again! That's our enemy! And if the Arab-American community doesn't understand this, then it is well on its way to becoming our enemy as well! So long as radical Islamic extremists can swim in the sea of Arab-American communities without fear of exposure, retribution, and ostracization, then such communities will and should be targeted for closer scrutiny by the authorities. There's not an Arab-American community around that can't point out who these ticking time-bombs are. And when these timebombs go off, it will be the communities themselves that will and should bear the consequences! 'Nuff said! Eric The(Enraged)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:23:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 6:28:13 AM EDT by Garmentless]
Originally Posted By nightstalker: They've lost their moral standing by their failure to castigate the regimes that sponsor this terrorism. In fact the whole Arab world is in denial of their failure to meet the needs of their people and instead focus on their petty disputes and hatred of Israel.
View Quote
Few realize how correct that is. Islam is a fundamentally flawed religion. They have no choice but to blame others. Their religion contains no mechanism for forgiveness. They beleive that when they die, good deeds are on one side of the scale, evil deeds on the other. Whichever way the scale tips is how they are judged. (unless, of couse, they die a martyr)As a result, they will always try to blame others in order to save face. As far as I'm concerned, Arabs in the US must now stand and deliver by spying for us or actually going in and killing the guilty. Edited to say: Do you know that being Christian is a crime punishable by death in most moslem countries?
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:04:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Listen to whom they think the enemy is: [b]'There are those who say we don't know who our enemy is. [u]But we do[/u].' 'Our enemy is a neighborhood mosque defaced by vandals. An Arab-American storekeeper in fear of reprisal. A scared Muslim child bullied because she is different. Hate is our enemy.' Nope, I still don't believe that whoever placed this ad understands who our enemy is!
View Quote
EricThe(DarnNearAlwaysRight)Hun, those who know best have spoken: "Our enemy is a neighborhood mosque . . . An Arab-American storekeeper . . . A scared Muslim child . . ." [;)] The truth lies in the grammar.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:13:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BillofRights: So, our enemy is hate, not evil people chanting scary things about Allah. I feel better now. Thanks, AAI
View Quote
Oh yeah, I forgot to add my other observation: Look around and see where all the hate originates. This hate comes from Islam. It originates in the extremist nations and spills over across the world. It is directed at us. No, hate is not the enemy any more than any other emotion. The enemy is those who harbor and cultivate hate against us. Again, the truth really is in the ad.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:32:14 AM EDT
Typical self-righteous bilge. The "tolerance"-obsessed have been sending volley after volley of this unnecessary garbage out ever since 9/11/01 - straining, as if constipated, to be relevant. Especially so since actual bias-related incidents are so few and far between. But this silly poster, featuring hate as an entity - is patronizing as it is nonsensical. Hate is an emotional state, not an entity. Sometimes hate is perfectly justified, sometimes is isn't. And while indiscriminate [i]hate[/i] is usually self-defeating, draining and pointless, hate directed at the men who perpetrated 9/11 is not only warranted, it is [i]demanded[/i]. Anything less invites similar acts against us. And while it "won't bring it all back" (a masterwork of truism) it might prevent more from being [i]taken away[/i].
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:39:07 AM EDT
[size=6]FUCK EM'![/size=6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:46:07 AM EDT
It's time to face reality, folks. 3000 dead Americans is not a high enough body count to wake America from its politically correct lethargy. We have been mired in this intellectual filth for too many years for the public as a whole to cast it off overnite. Many more innocent American lives will have to be sacrificed before everyone WAKES THE F*** UP !! We'll have to lose the Sears tower, 5 or 10 more airliners. a nuclear power plant, & it might even take a nuclear detonation in a populated area before the sheep open their eyes and face reality. "Are you Americans being nice to those baby murderers you have in Cuba?" "Oooh,'Axis of evil', you guys hurt someones feelings with that one" "Islam is a peaceful religion." Horseshit! If your a muslim maybe, if your not it's open season on the infidels. True story- In 1993, I was hospitalized at Indiana U. medical center. My roommate was an Egyptian Immigrant (a christian) who was being treated for a brain tumor. He explained to me that He and his family left Egypt for America in '82 because of rampant persecution of Christians in Egypt. Being an Arab, when they got here they assimilated into the arab-american community. Guess what he heard from the muslim Arab immigrants? "Look at this beautiful country, all the fertile farm land, the industry, the natural resources. Just think how it will be when we take over!" 9-11 was not the end, it was only the first shot. These scum are playing for keeps, & the longer we take to figure that out, the higher the death tollwill rise.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:58:17 AM EDT
ErictheHun: I understand your narrow view given the present circumstances. Yes, the Obvious enemy is osama and his band of rif raf and they deserve everything that is coming to them. However, looking to a broader perspective, Hate IS our number one enemy. This may sound like just another catchy buzz phrase but this one phrase speaks volumes. We see daily on the news of the endless fighting between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Is this a problem between the two different nationalities? Yes, on the most simplistic terms it is. What may be the root of this continued feuding? It's hate. You killed my brother, now I kill you, and your sister while I'm at it. An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Yes the U.S. was attacked by various arab and muslim factions. That fact is undeniable. But to lash out at all people who are remotely affiliated with these two descriptions is a childish and unjustified kneejerk response based on (you guessed it) hate. The advertisement before us was placed by the Arab AMERICAN people as a plea to society not to associate them with the other arabs around the world and their activities. I emphasize the word AMERICAN because many of those living with blinders on seem to automatically disregard this most important latter description. The fact that they feel compelled to run such an advertisement is a sad indication of the state of society. Though some people complain when a certain groups of people describe themselves in hypenated terms such as Arab-American, who must think who is the one actually classifying these people as such. If one of them presented themselves to you as an American, would you naturally exect them as such? I for one present myself as an American. However my parents, who have been US citizens for over 30 years now, originally came from Japan. Ever since I was a young child, when people asked me what I was, I would explain that I was an American. Their automatic response to this would be "yes, but what are you really?" Everytime I went to fill out an application for school or otherwise, the hyphenated term Japanese-American always blared out at me among the choices of description. This is where these habits come from. It wasn't unitil I was about twelve years old when an elderly caucasian lady who had lived through various wars set me straight. After years of complacency, my immediate response to her asking my nationality was that I was a Japanese-American. For the first time in my life, I heard the response, "No you are not! You are an American! It doesn't matter where your parents were born or how you got here. Once you are born on American soil, you ARE an American." I still remember her face to this day. That lady taught me a valuable lesson and changed my life. For the first time I knew that it was OK to call my self an American and not some hyphenated version of the title. I have never looked back since.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:03:23 AM EDT
50cali- see above.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:35:59 AM EDT
50cali, I'm sorry but I think you're rationalizing to a great extent. These people don't consider themselves as Americans. If their religious goals were carried out, the Constitution would be scrapped and we would all be living under Sharia law. They are willing to come here and enjoy the benefits of our society such as first-class health care, universities and freedom to carry out their fifth column goals with impunity. They raise money and get converts here to send to Hamas and Al-qaida. In the words of the prophet Mohammed, "First by the tongue, then by the sword." In other words, if the non-muslims in areas where muslims live can't be converted to Islam by preaching the word, it's fine to either a) force them with threats of violence to do so or, b) kill them. They don't consider themselves to be muslim-AMERICANS, or they would speak with one voice in condemning the people and actions of 09.11.01. They are obviously MUSLIM-americans. I'm an American of German and Irish extraction. My Grandfather, who emigrated from Germany as a small child, later went back to Germany, but he did so as an American, at 10,000 feet and was sitting between two .50 caliber Browning machineguns, blowing Me-109s and FW-190s out of the sky so his B-26 could rain hot death on Germans below. He made his choice between his ancestry and his country. Some others need to follow that example. The true practice of Islam is inherently incompatible with a constitutional republic. Until we give up this multi-cultural, handholding, "I'm okay, you're okay" fantasy we're blinded by, we're going to be regularly visited by events similar to those of 09.11.01. Western civilization is the worst there is, except when compared to any other. A constitutional republic is the worst form of government there is, except when compared to any other.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:53:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: In the words of the prophet Mohammed, "First by the tongue, then by the sword." In other words, if the non-muslims in areas where muslims live can't be converted to Islam by preaching the word, it's fine to either a) force them with threats of violence to do so or, b) kill them.
View Quote
Contrast that with Christ's instructions: "Whoever will not receive you or listen to your words--go outside that house or town and shake the dust from your feet. "
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:30:11 AM EDT
I guess I'm just getting all worked up because many of the statements being made here are so broad and dismiss entire classes of people based on traits of religion and origin. I have friends who are of Arabic decent and are of Muslim belief. I go out drinking with them, shoot hoops, fix cars, and the like. When we watched the smart bombs fall in Operation Desert Storm, we cheered. That was for oil. When we saw the daisy cutters explode in all their glory, our feelings were even more heartfelt. This time the payback is for American blood. Not once during these times did I hear a "Praise allah" or a "AAAAya yaaya yaaaa!" from my friends. The same way the news media portrays pro-gunners as the pestulence of society, Arabs and Muslims are now easy prey. Does Geroldo and the rest of the media do it for love of country. No they do it for ratings. They are whores who will dance to the desires of popular opinion. (Fact Geraldo used to be known as "Gerald Rivers" and only became more ethnic in recent years once it became convenient for him). Please don't form your opinions based on what you hear from these bottom feeders. All I'm trying to say is, don't put all of these people in the same boat. Each one of them comes from a different background with different circumstances. Sure there are those who think America is the great satan. I choose not to hang out with those people. But there are others, like my friends who love this country, whose beliefs are not different from yours or mine. If you treat my friends the same way that you treat the terrorists and say fuck em all who cares, then you are no brother of mine. As a parting though, what of the convenience store owner who was shot dead after 9/11 while wearing an American flag turban? He fit the description? Not American enough? What?
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:53:23 PM EDT
This is just the type of garbage that has turned me from someone who did not hate all Arabs into someone who is starting to feel that all Arabs and maybe even all Muslims need to be put to the sword and we should use our Nuclear Swords to solve the problem of Muslim Terrorism lets just kill them all before they kill more of us. I will not get revenge for attacks that are carried out by foreign terrorists but when the attacks start to be carried out by Muslim terrorists who live among us and are the ones who own the variety stores and are the University Professors and go to those Mosques that preach hatred for the Jews and for Americans. Then will be the time to attack the Muslims and their Mosques and to rid our communities of the danger these Muslims pose. There are supposed to be about six million Muslims living in the United States and if only one percent hate us and are willing to carry out attacks against us then we will be in deep trouble 1% of 6,000,000 = 60,000 terrorists who are living among us. Hate and Fear are two very powerful emotions and when they are combined the result can be extreme violence directed at the objects of our hate and fear. VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:13:20 PM EDT
[url]www.jihadinamerica.com[/url] I've seen it. It's an eye-opener.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:35:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 1:36:59 PM EDT by Rudison]
I hate that they make me hate them. I would hate to forget why I hate them since they deserve my hatred and they will do something else to make me hate them if I stop hating them, Don't U hate that. [:)>] editted cause I hate when the Smilies ain't right.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:41:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 4:43:24 PM EDT by shooter69]
Originally Posted By 50cali: History repeats itself and those who do not remember the past are doomed to relive it...
View Quote
Yes, we keep revisiting muslim terrorists BECAUSE THEY KEEP ATTACKING US. And have been since the 60s. Even the liberal's sainted Bobby Kennedy was assassinated because Sirhan-Sirhan viewed him as pro-Israel & anti-Palestinian.
look back to WWII when it was the "Japanese Americans" who society decided to target as an avenue for their hate. Please refer to the post about the All Japanese American 442 division. These may not have been the most brave or galant men in ordinary life. But when forced to prove their love of country, despite society's doubts, they stood up to the challenge. I've heard that the reason they are the most decorated unit is because most of them died. I guess the colored boys were given the suicide missions or something.
View Quote
It wasn't "society" but the United States government, which was faced with unfamiliar territory and decided to, from their perspective, not take any chances. In labeling it as simply an avenue for their hatred you misrepresent the facts. I would also point out that Americans of German and Italian descent were interned as well. Did you know that? Probably not or you might have included them, being the diversity-minded person I'm sure you are. I am glad that many japanese-americans answered the government questionaire affirmatively, that yes their sole loyalty was to the United States, and went on to serve, although it was a far from universal response. And where is the regiment of arab-american volunteers in this case? Instead all we get is this whining "I'm the victim" crap. The best thing to do in a situation like this is to be pro-active and helpful. Acknowledge any mistakes. If you can't then just shut up. But they have to make it worse and lecture us. As for "the colored boys" being given the suicide missions... please. Contrary to isolated examples (nisei troops, tuskegee airmen, filipinos fighting in the Phillipines) non-white servicemen were in the rear with the gear. 99% of all "suicide missions" were carried out by whites (the military not being integrated). Class played no barrier either. Even the Kennedys lost the older brother in what could only be called a suicide mission. Of course that doesn't sell as many tickets at the movies these days - not as diverse - so Hollywood gives us black cooks who can operate submarines...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:50:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 50cali: I have friends who are of Arabic decent and are of Muslim belief. I go out drinking with them
View Quote
Oh? What kind of muslims are these? Perhaps you went to a milk bar...
When we watched the smart bombs fall in Operation Desert Storm, we cheered. That was for oil.
View Quote
Huh? I cheered when it was over, and not before. People dying is not a game. We went there to reverse naked aggression. Clearly you don't get it. Even the Arab League didn't look at it in terms of materialism. Iraq's stated policy was ANNEXATION, not installing a phoney "democratic" government or something for Kuwait. Other murderous regimes in the modern age have not been that stupid or blatant enough to proclaim that openly.
Sure there are those who think America is the great satan. I choose not to hang out with those people.
View Quote
You don't see the problem with them being here in the first place? Everyone and their crazy jihadist cousin has a right to be here I suppose.
As a parting though, what of the convenience store owner who was shot dead after 9/11 while wearing an American flag turban?
View Quote
Now you go ahead and make an example no different then the ones you object to, as if that somehow reflects on America in general. I believe there were two killings? So that's one yahoo per hundred million??? If that ratio was translated to the muslim world there would only be ten of these fuckers. Again, who has the hate problem?
Today "Arab" and "Muslim Americans" face these exact same challenges. Please do not force these people to prove their loyalties to the country they have decided to choose as their home. The mere fact that they have chosen this great country to rest their families' heads in at night speaks volumes about the attitudes and beliefs they hold. Thank you for your time.
View Quote
Yes, the beliefs they hold are that they will enjoy better educational and economic prospects here. Most immigrants come here for the money. OK? If they could make the same income in their country of origin then 99% would still be there, whether they enjoyed all the rights that we do or not. These days its all about money and not our idealogy. While every arab-american owned store around here has an american flag in the window ("proving their loyalty"), this idea of yours that they all share our "attitudes and beliefs" is wishful thinking. Many do not. I know because I have conversations with them every day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:06:16 PM EDT
For all of you ideological neophytes, welcome to the real world. Before starting on this issue, you need to start by defining what is religion and what is not. Finally, I wonder if there was some celebration implied by using the WTC outline to board the text against the empty NYC sky. Once upon a time, people had much more class and respect for others. I wonder what is happening, where is it heading, and how will it culminate.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:08:42 PM EDT
The duplicity in 50cali's belief of what he considers is honorable views in his text versus his signature is absolutely laughable.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:56:27 PM EDT
First of all...... This Arab-American, African-American, Muslim-American terminology is an insult to the Americans who live here. You are not an Arab first and an American last. Same goes for German,s, Mexican's and all the rest who play this word game. If you are not an American first then you are not an American at all. Everyone here has someone not too far down the family tree that is from somewhere else. Most of us do not feel the need to brag about the place we have chosen to leave. You would not have left that place if it wasn't lacking in something. You came here to enjoy Freedom and all the wealth that goes with it. Both spiritually and physically. You came here to be an American.... Act Like It!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:01:11 PM EDT
I'm getting the feeling that some of you picture me as some kind of bleeding heart liberal. Is it because I'm from California, or maybe because of my feminine sounding handle? (By the way, do we have to wear name tags at the BRC?-Oh well, at least my handle ain't Bunghole) Well I've voted Republican in every election I've been allowed to vote in. I've even consulted with the CalNRA in recent years before voting. So if you all think that I am one of those that is part of the problem, then well what can I say. I believe in the saying "don't tread on me" just as much as the next guy. Where I see a friend of mine taking fire alone, I'll gladly go and stand beside him and dig in if I have to. It's easy to go with the crowd and wave your finger at others. It's harder to stick your neck out for a friend. Like I said, those people, whomever they may be, who hate America are not friend of mine and I would gladly put bullets between their eyes under the right circumstances. PS. My handle comes from the movie "Kelly's Heroes" for anyone that was curious. Well, that's all folks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:09:07 PM EDT
Secondly..... I maybe mistaken but isn't the Muslim religion or "Islam" the only religion in present day times that feel the need to exterminate people because they believe in a different religion? I know Muslim's scream persecution every time Israel retaliate's for attacks upon them. But there is no other religion that I can think of that does not allow someone to believe in a different religion. In the United States we have so many different religions it would take all night to list them. I can't recall any on the 6 o'clock news lately that promise death and destruction. Sure most religions disagree with each other and say the non-believers are "Going straight to Hell!!!" but the Muslim religion is the only one physically trying to send people there....... Anybody else notice this?
Top Top