Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2002 7:05:40 PM EDT
America's real true enemy- GREED

[url]story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020207/ap_on_re_us/attacks_claims_1[/url]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Did everyone read the part about the city being self insured? Real nice. Well folks since we. the city, were sued for billions of dollars last year you all get the priviledge of higher taxes! Congratulations people of NY!! One more good reason to move to a free state!

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I suppose the 'Spirit of Sept 11th' was not supposed to last forever!

Wonder how many personal injury lawsuits were filed in the appropriate civil courts in Hawaii for losses, damages, etc., suffered by civilians on Dec. 7, 1941?

I mean, there could be a great case made that the authorities knew or should have known about the Japanese sneak attack!

Eric The(Disgusted)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm betting Sloth, Envy, Lust, and the rest can give Greed a pretty good run for its money!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
^^^^^
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#5]
and just how would you judge these people if instead of a huge rescue effort, there was a protest about lack of NYC safety gear? imagine a  big, smoldering pile, surrounded by a bunch of firemen sitting on their hands! F'd if you do, F'd if you don't, i suppose.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Note to self:

1. Don't build anything.
2. Don't sell anything.
3. Don't invent anything.
4. Don't do anything.

You will be sued.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
We seriously need a MORAL ENEMA for a huge chunk of our US population.  We also need some kind of frivolous litigation reform, before
this eats America apart.  Too many lawyers,  too little lawyer work.  What is happening to our values in America ?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I was going to post the maxim "Greed is good" from the movie Wall Street, but actually reading thr article, I have to agree, this is awful.

These people are scrambling to squeeze money out of the city after something like the terrorist attacks?  It's appalling.  

My dad was in a car accident and had his car taken to a body shop.  In return, he had several form letters suing him for damages from 3 different lawyers.  Greedy bastards all obviously promised to kick back any insurance litigation to them, if they threw business their way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
"First, let us kill all the lawyers..."

-William Shakespeare
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top