Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 3:22:31 PM EDT
Violent and Vicious

When MS-13 moves into a new community it tends to announce its presence with violence. The same can be true when a new leader takes over the local cliques.

Norris says gang members from other areas had once been able to join the new gang by simply being “jumped in.” But now that new leaders have moved into Prince George’s County and consolidated the cliques, the gang’s local culture has become more violent and vicious.

“According to one of our informers, things have changed,” says Norris. “Now in order to get your letters or clique [symbols] tattooed on you, you have to also put in some violent act to show your commitment.”

Cop Killers

And MS-13 violence is not restricted to civilians, rival gang members, and clique traitors; the gang will go after cops. Threats against police officers, known to gang members as “green light” notices, have increased so much in the past few years that the Virginia Gang Association has warned officers in Virginia and states to the north and south to be wary of MS-13 members.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s Jolly says he is aware of the threats against police officers in his community and in Virginia. Prince George’s County’s Norris says he’s heard them, too. “If you do something to them, their natural response is, ‘OK, I’m going to kill you,’” he says. “Or at least they talk like they will.”

Norris dismisses some of MS-13’s threats, but that doesn’t mean that officers should take all MS-13 threats lightly. The gang is extremely violent and it has attacked and will continue to attack anyone who gets in its way. That includes law enforcement officers.

Roots of Evil

Named for La Mara, a street in San Salvador, and the Salvatrucha guerillas who fought in El Salvador’s bloody civil war, Mara Salvatrucha 13 was organized in Los Angeles in the late ’80s. At first, the gang’s primary purpose was to defend Salvadoran immigrants from being preyed upon by other L.A. street gangs.

But like any other street gang that was created to defend a particular ethnic group, MS-13 was quickly perverted until its primary purpose was preying upon the Salvadoran community. It also violently defends its turf against any other gang that might seek to slice away a piece of its action.

Gang members sometimes wear blue and white, colors taken from the national flag of El Salvador. They can also sport numerous body and even face tattoos. However, some members are much less visible and therefore much more dangerous.

Recent reports indicate that MS-13 has expanded from California to Alaska, Oregon, Utah, Texas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Washington, D.C., and Florida. The gang has also been exported back to Central America.

www.apfn.org/apfn/MS-13.htm
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry. You're right, lets talk about something more important, like somebody's girlfriends toilet habits. Titilation seems to fly well here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Those bunch are almost as bad as the Demmycraps !
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
gangs are kinda .

Someone should just go through  the  city streets  and kill  'em all.   Bet the  ones that   got  away  wouldn't act  so tough  then.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm sorry. You're right, lets talk about something more important, like somebody's girlfriends toilet habits. Titilation seems to fly well here.

Well played.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
wait..."6969"..........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
They are all OVER the place here in NoVa.

We've had a local numbnut in a rival gang was whacked 2 winters agoyynot 3 blocks from  my housed.

And people wonder why I carry.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played.

Thank You
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
They'll never be able to match the body count of Planned Parenthood.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Ted Kennedy probably has more confirmed kills than most members of this terrifying gang
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
And here I thought this was going to be another ATF bashing thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ted Kennedy probably has more confirmed kills than most members of this terrifying gang

You'd be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Norris dismisses some of MS-13’s threats, but that doesn’t mean that officers should take all MS-13 threats lightly. The gang is extremely violent and it has attacked and will continue to attack anyone who gets in its way. That includes law enforcement officers.

Well that goes without saying....Chuck Norris can safely dismiss ALL threats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd be wrong.

eh, so be it. Fuck 'em anyways.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They'll never be able to match the body count of Planned Parenthood.

Maybe as the result of planned parenthood fetus harvest efforts, we have to import immigrants to fill jobs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Time to reanimate this guy.....

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Time to reanimate this guy.....

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/bella101/charles_sak.jpg

My CCW in FL is signed by 'Charles Bronson' the commissinor's name in charge of it here...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Watched some 60 minutes style program a while ago about how this MS13 gang tried to set up shop in some suburban/rural area... Can't recall exactly where but...
A group of local "good ol' boys" succeeded in runnin' them outta town using the old "turn around is fair play" game on 'em.
Seems in this case the MS13 couldn't stand being victimized by Bubba, Cletus and Cooter

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top