Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 12/4/2013 4:58:26 PM EDT
America to be hit by fast food strike as Barack Obama warns of gap between rich and poor

America is facing a wave of strikes by its fast-food workers on Thursday a day after Barack Obama warned that inequality in the USA had soared to the point that it now posed "a fundamental threat to the American dream".

Low-paid workers in McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and other fast-food outlets in 100 cities across America were due to start rolling strikes to protest at the low level of America's $7.25 (£4.45) federal minimum wage.
View Quote

I think the fast food workers are about to find out just how easy America can do with out fast food.

Besides that those types of jobs are for teenagers to get work experience not to earn a living off of.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't care I do not eat fast food
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]

That doesn't seem to be a wise choice given the current unemployment rate.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever shall we do?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't care I do not eat fast food
View Quote

I do eat fast food on occasion, and I still don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Mmmm, gee, no fvcks given.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm celebrating by heading to Chick-fil-A for lunch tomorrow...
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]

I say give them twice what the unions makes, raise prices and adjust the workforce accordingly, then close shop 2 months later.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

You want $15 an hour to flip burgers??? Fuck you, You're FIRED!!  I'm buying this for my McDonalds franchise!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
McDonald's should agree to pay $15/hr, but ONLY hire college grads, using them to displace the current batch of workers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Idiots.   Do they know how may HS kids are looking for jobs?

Or better yet, how many see fast food as a convenience and not a necessity?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#14]
There won't be any strike.  Not enough stupid fast food workers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think the fast food workers are about to find out just how easy America can do with out fast food.
View Quote

sorry

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Should I care? Let the dummies who work in those places and the dummies who patronize them work it out.  If they can agree on a price point for shitty food so be it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
lol, low skill workers are going on strike.   How quaint.

In 10 or 15 years, robotic burger flippers will be the norm.   You watch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
No fast food? Damn, I guess I'll have to eat Italian, Japanese, maybe some Thai food. How will I make it without those whiny fast-food workers?!?!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
the gap IS widening. it is a threat to the American Dream.

but the solution isn't paying minimum wage workers more....

the solution is LESS DAMN GOVERNMENT
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, but if you object you're a racist.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Fine. Start raising pay and see if productivity rises and/or sales drop due to new pricing. Stop paying more. Hire/fire accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
GD's resident fatties will starve to death.  Oh teh noes!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I rarely eat fast food, good luck with the strike.

Unfortunately, Obama will continue to mention their heroic effort to demand more money.  I prefer they consider these jobs stepping stones to better positions
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Dipshits.
View Quote
and Fucktards to boot!

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#26]
[FSA]I want $15.00 an hour for baby sitting a fry machine...[/FSA]

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Gap between the rich and poor?  Every rich or well off person either worked hard to get their money, or they had a poor relative who worked hard to provide a better life for their family.  If you don't want to work your ass off to provide a better life for you or your family, fuck you and make sure there are no pickles on my burger.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't we have some McDonalds managers on AR? I remember one of the guys talking about how easy it is to get promoted if you have drive.

If they use robots then they may have one guy getting $15 an hour to babysit and keep the machine up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped eating fast food about a year ago. Fuck em!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#30]
If they get more money now,   When will they stop threading strikes,    People in that life style will always be poor, it's what they are bread to be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

sorry

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry

All we need is an EBT shutdown after the strike.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Actually, the $15/hr thing for fast food employees is already being done, relatively speaking.

The food is priced pretty much the same all over the world, only the menus change depending on location.

The next time you talk to an illegal Mexican (which is probably tomorrow), ask him about McDonalds in Mexico. I did and he told me that only the rich people eat there. It's too expensive for most to afford.

It's already a $10 meal, if the labor costs go up 50-100% it becomes a $15 dollar meal. That means the alienation of a large section of their customer base, lower volume, fewer employees.

But I don't expect burger flippers to understand basic economics.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Actually, the $15/hr thing for fast food employees is already being done, relatively speaking.

View Quote

The food is priced pretty much the same all over the world, only the menus change depending on location.

The next time you talk to an illegal Mexican (which is probably tomorrow), ask him about McDonalds in Mexico. I did and he told me that only the rich people eat there. It's too expensive for most to afford.

It's already a $10 meal, if the labor costs go up 50-100% it becomes a $15 dollar meal. That means the alienation of a large section of their customer base, lower volume, fewer employees.

But I don't expect burger flippers to understand basic economics.

I remember something like that.

Mexican McDonald's is good, though. Clean, too.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't we have some McDonalds managers on AR? I remember one of the guys talking about how easy it is to get promoted if you have drive.

If they use robots then they may have one guy getting $15 an hour to babysit and keep the machine up.
View Quote

If my post offends anyone who works fast food and is honestly striving to get a better life, then I apologize.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Ain't it mostly low wage folks who eat in those shitboxes anyway.

Kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

Or.......is mostly fat-cats who eat there?

Additionally, I'd be willin' to bet that the owners of those stores can ride out a few days of not getting pAid vs. the dipshit flipping burgers and walking out on a strike !

Ridiculous !
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#36]
If I'm in a pinch and need to stop at McDs for lunch and the workers are on strike, I'll try the next 7 fast food joints within a half mile.

If they are all on strike I'll grab a gas station hot dog and an apple and call it a lunch.

America will not grind to a halt because these jokers are refusing to "drop some fries" for less than $30K/year.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1. They have yet to mess up my order, they are all polite, and the restaurant is super clean.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Would you like to super size that order mister...

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Distract people from the real cause, your own policies!  2 bit snake oil salesman.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Wut, is he complaining about the HUGE gap he is creating????
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1. Not going to happen
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

+1. They have yet to mess up my order, they are all polite, and the restaurant is super clean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they know how to leave the pickles off the sandwich!  Another clean and polite fast food joint is Raising Canes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

sorry

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry

What if we cain't feed our kids?

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
America to be hit by fast food strike as Barack Obama warns of gap between rich and poor

America is facing a wave of strikes by its fast-food workers on Thursday a day after Barack Obama warned that inequality in the USA had soared to the point that it now posed "a fundamental threat to the American dream".

Low-paid workers in McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and other fast-food outlets in 100 cities across America were due to start rolling strikes to protest at the low level of America's $7.25 (£4.45) federal minimum wage.
View Quote

Besides that those types of jobs are for teenagers to get work experience not to earn a living off of.
View Quote

Given how many management types send jobs overseas to increase profits, many of those people may be working far below their training/ education. Face it... corporate greed is driving this country under.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I think we'd still need Bender's attitude to make it work.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
the gap IS widening. it is a threat to the American Dream.

but the solution isn't paying minimum wage workers more....

the solution is LESS DAMN GOVERNMENT
View Quote

Yep. Then business wouldn't have to worry about all those pesky laws protecting employees from abuse.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#47]
oh my who will fold my burrito
a lot of people are going to realize they aren't the special little snowflakes they were lead to believe they were

and damn obama is a shit stirrer

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Given how many management types send jobs overseas to increase profits, many of those people may be working far below their training/ education. Face it... corporate greed is driving this country under.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you know many fast food places are franchises owned and operated  by small business owners, right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I were an employer, I would MUCH rather deal with one smart and motivated employee than several unmotivated drones.

The customers probably would like it that way, too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Considerng the obesity rate, I'd say you Yanks could use a fast food strike.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top