Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:19:20 AM EDT
My generation is full of fucking idiots and we are suppose to take ove the country in a few years.

God help us all.

I mean shit they worry more about what size shoe jlo is wearing over the taxes they pay out of their check.

They are fucking morons atleast the majority.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
How old are you?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad you are up.

Take out the trash before you leave for your morning classes.

And don't forget to hug your mom on your way out the door too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

And most of the people I know could tell you the hottest movie in theaters but couldn't tell you who Gerald Ford was.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How old are you?

+1

Edit: I type SLOW
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, they are certainly sheep.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

Your generation doesn't suck as bad as my generation does
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
They simply don't give a shit and they want so much with out giving much.

Look at homes, they want these big freaking houses because they want something bigger than their parents but they want it now, they don't want to spend 20-30 years working for it like their parents. Another reason we are fucked with their intrrest only payments go through the roof on their $500k homes while they make $35k a year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

And how old are you?

I'm 37.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Look at homes, they want these big freaking houses because they want something bigger than their parents but they want it now, they don't want to spend 20-30 years working for it like their parents. Another reason we are fucked with their intrrest only payments go through the roof on their $500k homes while they make $35k a year.

You make me so proud some times and this is one of them.  For a future step-son you aren't half bad.

I have to go to work soon so don't forget your chores.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You make me so proud some times and this is one of them.  For a future step-son you aren't half bad.

I have to go to work soon so don't forget your chores.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

why are you part of the generation that spawned us?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't despair too much .

People change a great deal as life imparts
it's lessons upon them . Who they are in their
20's is worlds away from what they become
in their 50's . Which is the general age of each
generation when they take the reigns
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]
No, I can't imagine the young adults of today possibly being worse than the baby boomers/flower children/1968 generation.  No offense to arfkommers in that age group.  You know what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

And most of the people I know could tell you the hottest movie in theaters but couldn't tell you who Gerald Ford was.

I'm 23, and I can relate with how you feel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

dont feel so bad. Up in Canada same thing. I am 22 and well my generation needs help... hahahaha
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

I'm not THAT old
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

I'm not THAT old

hell my moms only 53 thats not old IMHO.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Mid 20's?  Let me explain it to you...you are watching too much TV etc. and that is where you are basing your opinon?

The ones who will be leading your generation are busy leading platoons in Iraq and Afghanistan and they cannot be in the spotlight because of their sacrafice.  Or they are busy in their post-secondary education and because of the vast, liberal mind warping indoctrination, they must wade through the propaganda AND self-educate.  They have no time to expose themselves...yet.

Or they could be raising a family, putting the wife through graduate school and have yet to make themselves shine.  They will, eventually.

The nuck fuggits you see on Jay Walking (Jay Leno's search for stupid people on the street) are the bottom rung on the intellectual ladder.  Why is it so popular?  Because these "beautiful people" are dumber than the average viewer.  It bolsters the common peoples' self-esteem.

That you find these star-chasers offensive is a mark of positive character.  You pick your idols correctly, or more correctly, you have none.  There is but One and shall be no other.  That is number One.

Now go forth and make the future happen.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I wasn't speaking from what I saw on tv hell I just found out what sex in the city was recently and was suprised thats even on basic cable

I was speaking of people I have met in general of my age group and many that I know.

Yes I get all the channels on the tube but rarely watch it.

ETA:
It is also more than just their political views, it's their spending habits. They are getting into debt the first chance they get. They are running around with credit cards buying shit they really cant afford.

And this goes for the guys in the military as well, we have become a nation of debt and starting younger and younger.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:00:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

I'm not THAT old

MY mom is only 59....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Look at it this way, most people eventually mature, in their phyisical and mental processes.

As was quoted over a half century ago.............

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. - Sir Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Look at it this way, most people eventually mature, in their phyisical and mental processes.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. - Sir Winston Churchill

I like to think I have a rather large heart
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like to think I have a rather large heart

No heart... but at least you have a brain...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't speaking from what I saw on tv hell I just found out what sex in the city was recently and was suprised thats even on basic cable

I was speaking of people I have met in general of my age group and many that I know.

Yes I get all the channels on the tube but rarely watch it.

ETA:
It is also more than just their political views, it's their spending habits. They are getting into debt the first chance they get. They are running around with credit cards buying shit they really cant afford.

And this goes for the guys in the military as well, we have become a nation of debt and starting younger and younger.

You need to stop hanging out with those people.  I take it you are in the Vegas area.  Yep, that 'splains it.  100 years ago, people went there to get rich quick in mining precious metals.  Now they go there for the same reason.  

40 acrea and a mule.  Either that or become a mountain man.  But to try and make it big fast and easy is going to leave your ass in debt, your heart broken and your life in shambles.

If Sam Walton can do it, anyone can.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn, I gotta agree partially with Olyarms.  There is going to be a deep divide in our generation.  One side will be part of the military war vererans while the other will be a lot of the folks who have done nothing other than want and expect.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My generation is full of fucking idiots and we are suppose to take ove the country in a few years.

God help us all.

I mean shit they worry more about what size shoe jlo is wearing over the taxes they pay out of their check.

They are fucking morons at least the majority.

Don't worry too much.  Those people worrying about JLo aren't going to be leaders of jack.  They're just along for the ride.  You seem to be in the front seat a least.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#27]
America is finished.

BULLSHIT

I look around my office and see our 20 somethings busting ass and getting ready to head out for the FEMA call up. 27 year old that is leading the GIS team thats heading down to help set up an HQ is a damn Kerry/clinton boy and even he is chomping at the bit to get started.

America is not finished not by a long shot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll say it again and again until I am blue in the face.....we are headed for another Great Depression if for no other reason than because our generation today has no idea what it was like in the last one, and they do not care. Hard work and sacrafice are truly foreign to them.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#29]
At age 34, I can definately state that there is a world of difference between 24 and 34.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Everybody knows who Gerald Ford was....Chevy Chase!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll say it again and again until I am blue in the face.....we are headed for another Great Depression if for no other reason than because our generation today has no idea what it was like in the last one, and they do not care. Hard work and sacrafice are truly foreign to them.

Those that don't understand the past are doomed to repeat it...well said.

ETA:  I'm mid 30's and alot of my generation makes me sick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

God help us all.

Yeah, we do need a good cleansing.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Is she single? Is she hot? Got pics?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Christ, every generation has said the same thing.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#35]
So, How much rent do you pay your mommy?

I'm 26, live in my own home, (which has a mere 1100sq feet).  My wife and I own 2 vehicles, pay our bills on time, pay taxes and have regular jobs, And Gerald Ford is a former president of these united states.  What makes you think you are so great, get over yourself, or go fuck yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So, How much rent do you pay your mommy?

I'm 26, live in my own home, (which has a mere 1100sq feet).  My wife and I own 2 vehicles, pay our bills on time, pay taxes and have regular jobs, And Gerald Ford is a former president of these united states.  What makes you think you are so great, get over yourself, or go fuck yourself.  

<removed> I don't have any reason to defend myself to a fucking hick like you <removed>
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#37]
dont worry about it me and my robot army will remove the buacratic shit from the goverment, and return it to way it was ment to be
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
dont worry about it me and my robot army will remove the buacratic shit from the goverment, and return it to way it was ment to be

Hahaha not if I beat you to it. Already have purchased 4,000 rob the robots

Muahahahaa

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

They think you are ooooooooold!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Olyarms is simply stating what I've thought for a long time. I'm 48 and my parents grew up during the depression. We lived in Pa, devasting floods happened more than once when I was a child. The community responded by banding together and helping. Local businessmen donated their services and goods to help children and poor in need, back then you didn't think to look to the government for help. I have some newspaper clippings of an elderly poor polish imigrant who lived in boxes had a nice shack built for him by locals. He didn't complain that it wasnt' good enough, he was grateful and did what he could to provide for himself until he died.

There may be a few decent younger folks but for the live of me I don't know very many. The hoards I know are too busy breeding and living off the government to be useful. Don't get me started on the collective IQ of this bunch.

I know too many sorry military folks to get all misty eyed over them as well. Yes, there are more registered humans in the military than in some other walks of live but there are also an ubelievable amount of fucktards that joined for some other reason than serving their country and seem to have no concept of what the function of the military is. And they can't get fired. I work with one women who was a med tech in the army and could not type blood, focus a microscope, balance a centrifuge, or any other of the basic skills a street person could be trained to do!!!! SHE'S MY AGE!!!! WHAT'S SHE BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME!!!! She's worked with us for almost 2 years and can still do nothing! Another tech has to babysit her all night so when she is working we are short not only her position but the position of the person who has to babysit!!!

Do y'all forget the pregant hoards of the 80's?!? I'm not picking on the military, it's just the standards of our country have sunk so low we have created a "lost generation" that will be unable to care for themselves in only a few years.

I'm not even going to go into the converstion I've been hearing from the unwashed hoards at work, concerning the present NO situation, there isn't time, but I may start a thread of quotes, then you will know where I (and olyarms) got our cycnical outlook.

I wish we were wrong but reality says otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahaha not if I beat you to it. Already have purchased 4,000 rob the robots

www.renelips.nl/Nieuws/nintendorob.JPG
Muahahahaa

There is a reason Im getting a Computer Engineering degree.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#42]
My generation is the worst, their parrents are state schooled and they are too. Fortunately for my my dad saw through the state sponsored propaganda and taught my mother and then us when we were born. I have been trying to teach my friends; however nine of eleven do not realize that they are blind, one realizes it and the last is nearly there. Unfortunately most will never realize that they know nothing the state does not want to teach them and they will teach their kids the same propaganda, screwing future generations.
For referance I am part of the generation that likes hip hop. I am 15.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

God help us all.

I blame MTV and the panty waist liberal treehuggers.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#44]
When someone, no matter what generation, grows up at the center of the universe, what can you expect.

By the way, tell 'em to get off their ass and go to work. They're supposed to fund my Social Security.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#45]
I am not too worried.

I myself am sickened by people of my own generation(I am 31) and those younger for the most part, but,  I know what will happen-

The slackers who worry me will be just that-slackers. Those of us like myself who work our asses off, earn everything we own and have our heads on right will be the ones who will be running the show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Since when did the baby boomers remember the Great Depression...Hate to say it, but anyone who remembers that is getting quite old or 6 feet under at this point...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

Mid 20's

Most of them won't get their head screwed on until they're over 30 and they get a job where 33% of their income is sucked up by taxes.

I've always been conservative and so many of my friends were liberal.  Once tehy got jobs for more than $50,000 a year their outlook changed.

It's easy to be a "give it all away" liberal when you're getting.  Hard to be one when you're giving.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#48]
If I had a dime for every thread you posted lamenting the end of civilization...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Youse guys gotta get real. A "generation" does'nt really happen every 10 years. By definition it has to be every 20 years. From the time a person is born till the time they grow up and can have children, that is a generation. Think about it, is there really a difference between someone born in 1875 and 1885?? I mean come on if they all were born in Germany at that time they are all gonna grow up to be Nazis............ I as a 33 year old can see a probable difference between me and 13 year olds but i dont see any real "difference" between me and someone who's 23 as far as radical cultural differences. In fact it's only really the WWII gen vs. the baby boomers where there is really a decisive large difference.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Every generation has said this about the one that follows, but the reality is that the cream of the crop rises to lead.  I'm not worried.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top