Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 2:15:43 PM EDT
Any country who's own flag can be considered oppressive, offensive, terrorizing or insensitive by it's own citizens is surely doomed.  The same flag that stands for the freedom my father risked his life for in Korea deserves respect and any American who cannot stand the sight of that flag is not an American.

If America lasts another 50 years with the current PC direction we're going I'll be amazed.  We've become too concerned with being "polite" and "sensitive" instead of doing what's right and standing up against what is wrong.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
[b][blue]WELL SAID,  I FEEL THE SAME WAY[/B][/BLUE]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]

i think too many people have no ideas on what they stand for or what they believe is "right" or "wrong"...

for the past 30 years...this country has thrived on the accumulation of material wealth and posessions. unfortunately, most of that stuff is useless inthe situation we may be facing soon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just heard that they are considering changing the name of the OP to something else, because  Muslams believe that Allah is the only one who can dispence Justice.....

Give me a break....
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
btt

that's what I have been thinking since I first heard about people being afraid of offending someone by hanging their nations flag in remembrance of the lost and in support of the nation.  Why is it we must show the highest esteem and respect to every other nation, while we are still living in America, but we can not be proud of our own, lest we offend?

[:(]
Azaria
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any country who's own flag can be considered oppressive, offensive, terrorizing or insensitive by it's own citizens is surely doomed.  The same flag that stands for the freedom my father risked his life for in Korea deserves respect and any American who cannot stand the sight of that flag is not an American.

If America lasts another 50 years with the current PC direction we're going I'll be amazed.  We've become too concerned with being "polite" and "sensitive" instead of doing what's right and standing up against what is wrong.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Yes, I felt this way before this incident.  Nothing since has changed my mind.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amen

God Bless Texas
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
when I heard people were getting offended at seeing the American flag, in America I got pissed. Don't like it, get the f*** out
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just heard that they are considering changing the name of the OP to something else, because  Muslams believe that Allah is the only one who can dispence Justice.....

Give me a break....
View Quote

OP?

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a break....
View Quote

OP?

View Quote

Infinite Justice...got it.

I would not change it...it will just piss off those damn zealots even more!

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
The key word here is "citizen." To me, anybody who is offended by the flag of MY nation, has renounced their citizenship, and should have their ass deported. F*ck "em.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I think we a new amendment to the constitution.  It would be really simple.

[b]YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED[/B]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh please, give me a friggin break!  Two weeks ago, most of the useless assholes now flying flags and hollering about patriotism were ready to vote away all of our freedom, with gun rights at the top of the agenda.

If you want to fly a flag, fly it.  But just understand that the control freaks just love all this consensus and good will.  

It's not that I can't stand the sight of it, it's that I can't stand the sight of the people who supposedly support what it symbolizes.  Bush talked a good talk tonight, but yesterday, submitted a bill to Congress that does nothing but infringe on our rights.  He is also growing government by adding this new "Homeland Defense" cabinet position.

Wake up!  A 3 or 4 TRILLION dollar budget did not work, how much more bad government can we stand before the whole thing caves in the same way the shoddily constructed World Trade Center towers did last week?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Too many spoiled fucking brats these days. They dont know the difference between rights and PRIVLEDGES !

View Quote

Way to put the truth out there Osprey.  Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!

Quoted:
when I heard people were getting offended at seeing the American flag, in America I got pissed. Don't like it, get the f*** out
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Infinite Justice...got it.

I would not change it...it will just piss off those damn zealots even more!

View Quote

So we should piss off the followers of Islam that we *DO* want on our side as well?

Didn't I just have a lengthy discussion with you about tolerance regarding Arabs and Muslims?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#17]
And to think I just spent good money for a new flag?  Well it's my money, and my flag guess they'll just have to come try and take it down.  I too would agree with the spoiled brat line of thought, seems alot of the younger people today have had too much given to them, and have'nt had to work for what they have.  Now they seem to expect that everything be given to them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Just had a weird thought. What if all American flags were soaked in cyanide before sale. So, if you try to burn it, you die. Thoughts?[0j]Subvertz
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just had a weird thought. What if all American flags were soaked in cyanide before sale. So, if you try to burn it, you die. Thoughts?[0j]Subvertz
View Quote

Yeah, what a great idea. Let's kill all those veterans at the VFW when they properly dispose of flags in the prescribed method.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#20]
These people that are tired of seeing the U.S. flag are treasonous pukes.

What I am sick of out here in the central PRK is these stupid asses driving around with their MEXICAN flag all over their cars and no AMERICAN ones.

Should deport the bastards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top