Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 8:55:32 AM EDT
Sittin in the chow hall tonight, the Washington Group Security Manager tells me they got ambushed on the way to Bagdad. They hit the third vehicle, an armored Excursion, and shot out the tires. It rolled 3 times and landed upside down. The team made it out and was pinned under heavy small arms fire. They took a nearby house by force to get out of the kill zone.

The fourth vehicle got hit hard and 3 Iraq PSD guys were killed. The rabbit vehicle just cleared the kill zone when the attack occured and chased down an Army convoy. The Army guys ran back to the kill zone and saved the PSD guys bacon. 3 americans wounded but not too serious.

And how was your day?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Stay safe TC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow,

things still pretty hairy there. I have a cousin at Al Asad. Says they still get mortar attacks nearly daily. Hang tight there brother.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Day before yesterday, they put 7 rounds through a gravel truck that just left the base. At least they shoot at each other once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn!
I have a couple of friends over there doing private security, I worry about them all of the time....

Hey Tangochaser, why are they having such a hard time getting 762x39?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
    Tangochaser... Watch Your Six, and thank you for your service. God Bless.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Damn!
I have a couple of friends over there doing private security, I worry about them all of the time....

Hey Tangochaser, why are they having such a hard time getting 762x39?

They must not be trying very hard. The stuff is everywhere. Tell them to find the nearest ammunition supply point and ask the Army for some.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw some pictures of the aftermath of that ambush on Fox. The vehicle that rolled sure looked the worst for wear. I am glad they made it out in one piece. I hope the tangos took a few casulties of their own.........
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Stay safe man...

Glad everyone was OK...  the bad guys will get whats comin.,

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top