Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yea but she's gonna marry Rob.

So in the end she looses.

VOTE for RUPERT! on  CBS.com

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that she's gonna marry the loser, she won't be posing for Playboy!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was disappointed....Amber was a leech hanging on to Rob.

Then again, Rob was a scumbag.

Rupert should have gotten it  VOTE FOR HIM ON CBS.COM NOW!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Ruperts gonna win the million. I'm not even gonna vote. He deserves it and will get it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
He(rupert)was the hardest worker of all of them, he does deserve it, I've voted a few times for him.

I also downloaded an application.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Shit, that reunion part was like an episode of Jerry Springer.  The best part was when Jerri started saying the contestants were being victimized and exploited, having their personal relationships destroyed for entertainment purpose.

Bwahahahaaha!  Yeah bitch.  They pulled you back onto that show kicking and screaming, I'm sure.  Greedy whore.  You applied to it just to get your no-talent ass on television in the first place.

OH FUCK!  She left in the middle of the show!  LMAO!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Jerry is a douche.  She was complaining about it all but if she felt so victimized after the first one, why did she do 'The Surreal Life'?  She is a $$$ hungry bizzatch.

Rupert was the man.  That guy just deserves to win something.  

Sue, she is so freaking gross, I wouldn't hit it with anyones unit.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Amber needs to go to her nearest Playboy office and hurry up and pose.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sue, she is so freaking gross, I wouldn't hit it with anyones unit.  

No kidding.  When she said she was signed up for an extreme makeover show, I couldn't think of a better candidate.  Having to look at her grotesque body in a bikini for way, way, too long.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Rupert is a poor player due to his emotional state.

Rob is one of the top three Survivor players to have ever played the game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I voted for Rudy to get the million. Anyone who has the cajones to go on Survivor I at 72 and then go back at 75 deserves it. Especially given that he's the only one who might actually live more than 12 seconds in an actual survival situation.  Couple of my favorites of the Bullfrog:

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Amber is HOT, and she played Rob like a fiddle, whether he likes it or not.....

Rob played the game great, he played everyone, and thats how he got to the finale 2....

Looks like he will get his hands on the milion, and the girl, now that aint right.....

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Amber= winner+Rob= loser==Amber loser.

Brain-dead viewers + inane, mindless drivel = decline + fall of the West.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm with you, 95th - how can anyone in their right mind actually believe that this shit is unscripted?  I have better things to do in my life than waste an hour every week watching crap like that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#18]
What would make someone think that Survivor is scripted?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#19]
What is "Survivor"?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Vote @ CBS.com  for  75 year old Navy Seal Ret.   Rudy  Boesch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Survivor? SURVIVOR????
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Its LOSE! L-O-S-E

LOOSE, v.t. loos. Gr.; Heb.

1. To untie or unbind; to free from any fastening.
2. To let loose, to free from restraint or confinement; to set at liberty
3. To break loose, to escape from confinement; to gain liberty by violence.
4. Wanton; unrestrained in behavior; dissolute; unchaste; as a loose man or woman.
5. Disengaged; free from obligation; with from or of.
6. Unengaged; not attached or enslaved.
7. Not crowded; not close or compact.
8. Not tight or close; as a loose garment.
9. Unbound; untied; unsewed; not fastened or confined; as the loose sheets of a book.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just a guess here, but maybe an irresistible knee-jerk compulsion to ridicule anyone who admits watching something on television?    
(I've noticed that quite a bit here lately.)

Oh - and not ever having actually watched the show, of course...

ETA:  edited creatively (and very well, IMO) - yes;  scripted - I just don't think so...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What would make anybody think it isn't? There's big money involved here. It's all done in front of writers, directors, cameramen, makeup artists- and even the ugly people have perfectly symmetrical features, and the good looking ones look like they stepped out of central casting. Nobody's Rondo Hatton there, are they?

It's the same sort of thing as TV wrestling- Evil vs. good, played out by one-dimensional cardboard characters. All that's missing is the Grand Wizard of Wrestling: "Somebody hit the Chief! I hope you're satisfied, McMahon!"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't watch Survivor because after watching the FIRST TWO SHOWS I realized that the show embodies EVERYTHING I HATE about society today.

Lieing, backstabbing, lazy asses leeching off others, etc.

If the show were strictly about SURVIVING then Rudy would likely have won hands down and later shows would be infinitely more interesting.

My GF is addicted to it. I have ZERO interest in watching it. Good thing we have 4 TVs in our house. Last night she said, "Tonight is the last night of Survivor. Aren't you gonna watch it?" (which doesn't make sense as I've NEVER watched it)
I replied. "No fucking way. There's gotta be something on TV with or about automatic weapons, war or explosives. If there's not, I'll pop in a DVD that does".
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares4.jpg

Man that is classic, freaking classic!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would make anybody think it isn't? There's big money involved here. It's all done in front of writers, directors, cameramen, makeup artists- and even the ugly people have perfectly symmetrical features, and the good looking ones look like they stepped out of central casting. Nobody's Rondo Hatton there, are they?

It's the same sort of thing as TV wrestling- Evil vs. good, played out by one-dimensional cardboard characters. All that's missing is the Grand Wizard of Wrestling: "Somebody hit the Chief! I hope you're satisfied, McMahon!"

You're an idiot.  Reality shows were created in order to remove writers and actors to cut costs.  That's the whole point, so suggesting that it's scripted or that the players are actors shows an immense amount of stupidity and cluelessness on your part. The $1m prize is probably one of the smallest total expenses of the show. Compare that to a show with similar ratings, Friends.  What are the salaries for that show's cast per year?  Plus the dozen or so writers?

Of course they'll cast attractive people.  Who doesn't like seeing hotties jumping around in bikinis?  Do you think the only attractive people are actors in California?

All this opining on a show you profess to not care about.  How many complete episodes have you actually watched?  Have you followed an entire season?  No?  Then what makes you think you know anything about the show?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If the show were strictly about SURVIVING then Rudy would likely have won hands down and later shows would be infinitely more interesting.

This is why you aren't a tv producer.  A show like that would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

It's about social/political survival, not physical survival.  Once I understood that about the game, Survivor became much more interesting.  Before, when I thought it was just about people playing shipwrecked castaways for a few weeks, I thought it was contrived and fake.  You have to watch it to see the real profound moments, and the effects this game has on the players' lives.  It's very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOu obviously haven't seen the show, as you don't know anything about it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#32]
You hardcore tough guys are a trip...

The fact is, that the goal of the game is to be the last man standing, ergo surviving to the end.  You seem disappointed that there's no contest to see how much weight one can put on from living off the land.

Rupert is a putz, and Rob should have won, as he played everyone really well.  Rupert (and people like him) will never get to the end because they don't play the game properly, and the name of the game is betrayal.  Thus, while he'll look good to the camera, his lack of control of the political environment makes his behavior moot in making it to the end.  Consider it like street fighting.  The guy that refuses to strike at his opponents nads, and refuses to protect his own, is going down fast and hard.

It is not scripted, but it is indeed manipulated.  The producers change things up according to how things are going.  If it's too boring, they'll shake it up.  If it's too hard, they'll make it a little easier...

Relax, it's merely escapisim entertainment...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of the reality show participants are indeed actors in training, although the shows are not heavily scripted. These people are getting the cold shoulder in Hollywood, and it is common knowledge that anyone who has done a reality show has no future in acting. They are considered scabs and are hated by real actors and writers.

The goal of all this is to reduce costs. In the process, quality is reduced as well. The only way they can make up for it is by producing these very base shows.

Soon, sitcoms will be history. Shows like Friends, Seinfeld, Raymond, etc., will be a thing of the past. The studios say they cannot afford the salaries. Of course, the real reason is greed.

In any case, primetime TV sucks for the most part so as far as I'm concerned, it's no major loss.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Gee, Raven, no thanks.
You can take my place watching that shit. PLEASE.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I think it should be real Survivor:

"we drop your ass off in the jungle with a knife and a canteen and We'll be back in 30 days. If you're still alive, you win the money"

The rest of this is just a bullshit gameshow with sweaty, stinky people.

All it needs is Wink Martindale.

SG

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Haha all those who didn't win where major whiners.  Are they completely stupid?  Rob and Amber are only TWO votes.  All those idiots voted each other off!!!  Who are they kidding? They got played and now they're sore.  Every single one sold each other out for a little glimmer of hope Rob was selling them.  Every one of the whiners should look around at the other people on the jury who VOTED THEM OFF!!!  Damn idiots.  They all should have voted off Rob near the beginning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its LOSE! L-O-S-E

Fixed.

Are ya happy now?

Psycho!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I voted for Rob to win the bonus million dollars.  I didn't want to see he or Amber win the game, but I voted for him just to imagine how it would stick in the craw of the other players and the Rupert lovers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Yea but she's gonna marry Rob.

So in the end she loses.

VOTE for RUPERT! on  CBS.com

Hahah I'm watching the "vote for me!" videos.  Jerri is still a whiner.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#41]
btt
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Conflict is interesting, watching someone build a fire out of belly button lint is boring.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You hardcore tough guys are a trip...

The fact is, that the goal of the game is to be the last man standing, ergo surviving to the end.  You seem disappointed that there's no contest to see how much weight one can put on from living off the land.

Rupert is a putz, and Rob should have won, as he played everyone really well.  Rupert (and people like him) will never get to the end because they don't play the game properly, and the name of the game is betrayal.  Thus, while he'll look good to the camera, his lack of control of the political environment makes his behavior moot in making it to the end.  Consider it like street fighting.  The guy that refuses to strike at his opponents nads, and refuses to protect his own, is going down fast and hard.

It is not scripted, but it is indeed manipulated.  The producers change things up according to how things are going.  If it's too boring, they'll shake it up.  If it's too hard, they'll make it a little easier...

Relax, it's merely escapisim entertainment...

Disagree there pal,  Rob was assured a spot in the final two cause anyone one else would have annilated him in the jury vote which were mainly betrayed by him.  The fact he took Amber to the final two was his play for the million by marriage thus the close vote.  Amber deseserved to win for she rode his coat tail under the radar without taking too much heat but still more than anyone else due to her Rob connection.  

Rupert or Tom either could have won if in the council Tom got voted out he wasn't such a putz and stuck to  his word with Rob instead of switching  to Rupert and Jenna.  That was the the vote that sealed the Amber victory.  The others were just window dressing.  

God I hate the damn show but the Mrs and BTK are glued to it every Thursday. I set here typing on the computer while they watch.  The show encourages the worst behaviour in life and has little to do with survival at all except who can backstab who without getting caught.  Haven't seen a show that all of the people would have  not died in a grocery store left on their own.

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top