Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2004 10:30:37 AM EDT
Maybe I am just becoming an old fart, but I hate those damn spinning rims that the bangers are driving around with now.  I was just driving down the street and one of those asshats is stopped at an intersection waiting to turn onto the street I am on.  I almost hit the brakes because for a second I thought he was pulling right out in front of me.

Am I becoming the youngest old fart at the age of 27, or should these things be illegal?

Poll coming.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit, if your an old fart at 27, what does that make me at **?!
I don't get the spinners, I always feel like my car is moving when I sit next to them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought you were talking about short wimminz

yeah!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a 28 year old old fart, and I think that those spinner rims are the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Spinners are ghetto
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I love spinners, but hate those damned moving rims!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#7]
They serve no purpose.
They distract other drivers.
IMHO, waste of money unless your intent is to piss people off or cause accidents.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The first time I saw a car with them I thought they were stupid.  After this, I am starting to think they are dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm out in the woods... what the hell is a spinner?

- BUCC_Guy

----- anything ghetto cant be good tho
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A topic for another poll...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#12]
<---29, certified old. Not sure how it happened. Hate spinners.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Like most "bling", spinners are flashy and eye-catching, but there's no substance and less sense.

I did see a set on a Chevy Avalanche, so I knew that the spinner-er had some money (unlike those who have the typical econo-ricer).

I want to know how they perform in (and after) a Pennsylvania winter, with all the salt and grit and stuff that gets on the roads here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
SPINNING HUB-CAPS should be BANNED!!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#15]
They're completely pointless and there is no way in hell I would ever get them...but I can't help but think they look kinda cool in a cheesy sort of way.  Sort of like lava lamps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm out in the woods... what the hell is a spinner?

- BUCC_Guy

----- anything ghetto cant be good tho

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A topic for another poll...

Short, light women. Start the damn poll already!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Your an old fart cause I'm an old fart and when I smell one I recognize it you old bastard
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Like most "bling", spinners are flashy and eye-catching, but there's no substance and less sense.

I did see a set on a Chevy Avalanche, so I knew that the spinner-er had some money (unlike those who have the typical econo-ricer).

I want to know how they perform in (and after) a Pennsylvania winter, with all the salt and grit and stuff that gets on the roads here.

I hope that they make the car crash and burn if road salt touches them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Right up there with Bubb Rubb's WOOO WOOOO!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone seen the hubcap spinners for the broke ass ballers?? Now those are even stpider that the real spinners. A bunch of asshats..
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess you guys' would enjoy Atlanta then!?!?!

We're 1 step away from Public Transportation having them!!

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Bah.  Probably just means that he/she's on welfare, and MY tax dollars are paying for his food/rent/whatever else.  Then he can afford to drive his big flashy car.

ETA:  Last set of "Spinnahs!" I saw were on a lowered Chevrolet Suburban.  So low, that while I was a the light next to them, I could damn near see the entire roof of their car from the driver's seat in my Suburban.  Of course, I laughed my ass off, got the obligatory "F you, crackah!" look from the dumbasses in the car.  I happily drove away, knowing that I could navigate the speed bumps in a parking lot MUCH easier than they could
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Maybe I am just becoming an old fart, but I hate those damn spinning rims semiauto rifles that the bangers are driving around with i see at the range now.  I was just driving down the street shooting some trap and one of those asshats fired like 5 rounds in 3 seconds is stopped at an intersection waiting to turn onto the street I am on.  I almost hit the brakes because dropped my perazzi for a second I thought he was pulling right out in front of about to turn it on me.

Am I becoming the youngest old fart at the age of 27, or should these things be illegal?

Poll coming.

tolerance is a wonderful thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Maybe I am just becoming an old fart, but I hate those damn spinning rims semiauto rifles that the bangers are driving around with i see at the range now.  I was just driving down the street shooting some trap and one of those asshats fired like 5 rounds in 3 seconds is stopped at an intersection waiting to turn onto the street I am on.  I almost hit the brakes because dropped my perazzi for a second I thought he was pulling right out in front of about to turn it on me.

Poll coming.

How low is your ricer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Price some out some day and then tell me how f***ing stupid you think they are.

www.truckxpressions.com/spinners/5spoke.htm

Holly Shit!  $200 - $300 each!

I want all my money back from those welfare bangers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Spinners are really no different than some of the JUNK people here put on their RIFLES!!!!

It all goes back to....

LOOK AT ME SYNDROME!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#29]
What the hell is up with middle class white kids today anyway? I see more of em', even here in rural America, trying to act "Getto" and "Black" like they're some god damn lower class crack dealer, with their pants hangin' off their ass. Makes me sick to see kids act like that. I know they were raised better then that. I though for damn sure I'd never see a low rider in my neck of the woods(saw plenty of em' in Phoenix though) but there they are, crusing around like their in E. LA or something.  What in heck happened, back in the day kids in this part of the  world were into Hot Rods not low riders.  I guess it's like a jar full of crap, after a while it all settles to the bottom. Damn shame too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#30]
First time I saw one was at OCC, they had put one on a chopper they were building , didnt like it then ,and like them even less now that I see what they cost , WTFO  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poll coming.

How low is your ricer?

Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a ricer.

As a Freedom loving American there is however no question I despise hearing more than "should these things be illegal?"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You owe me one new keybord.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poll coming.

How low is your ricer?

Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a ricer.

As a Freedom loving American there is however no question I despise hearing more than "should these things be illegal?"

I agree, except when it comes to something that is likely to cause accidents.  I think at that point you have crossed the line where your rights end and mine begin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#35]
They're pretty stupid (and ultra-expensive), but I don't think they should be banned.  Only AK-16s with banana clips and more thrusts per squeeze should be banned.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Price some out some day and then tell me how f***ing stupid you think they are.

www.truckxpressions.com/spinners/5spoke.htm

Holly Shit!  $200 - $300 each!

I want all my money back from those welfare bangers.

I actually met someone that paied $1800 EACH for "top of the line" spinners.

He wasnt the type of person Id model my life after however....

That is almost 8 AR's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Poll coming.

+1. Damn liberal gun owners wanting to ban spinner rims!

Seriously, this seems to be the biggest double edged sword I see among 2nd amendment lovers, that in itself seems illogical.

Now, my opinion on the rims:

They are totally STUPID. I see douchey morons drivng them all over OC, even white upper class soccer moms. There is no racial group this belongs in, only the moron group.

Sometimes I see people with 20 inch spinner rims on their suburbans with a little tiny band of rubber surrounding the wheels -which is supposedly a tire. Just STUPID. Even saw a spinner which wasnt spinning while the others were. . No matter how bling your ride is, spinners just make it look so gimicky and cheap, despite the fact that they can cost upwards of 1k per wheel! REALLY STUPID to pay THAT much.

Should they be banned? No. Let stupid people have their stupid gimick wheels and look dumb.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poll coming.

+1. Damn liberal gun owners wanting to ban spinner rims!

Seriously, this seems to be the biggest double edged sword I see among 2nd amendment lovers, that in itself seems illogical.

Now, my opinion on the rims:

They are totally STUPID. I see douchey morons drivng them all over OC, even white upper class soccer moms. There is no racial group this belongs in, only the moron group.

Sometimes I see people with 20 inch spinner rims on their suburbans with a little tiny band of rubber surrounding the wheels -which is supposedly a tire. Just STUPID. Even saw a spinner which wasnt spinning while the others were. . No matter how bling your ride is, spinners just make it look so gimicky and cheap, despite the fact that they can cost upwards of 1k per wheel! REALLY STUPID to pay THAT much.

Should they be banned? No. Let stupid people have their stupid gimick wheels and look dumb.

I only mention a ban because they almost caused an accident that involved me today.  It is almost like, "I can drive at night without my headlights on because I have the right to."
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I agree, except when it comes to something that is likely to cause accidents.  I think at that point you have crossed the line where your rights end and mine begin.

Um...No.

I owe nothing to ensure YOUR survival, thats your job. If you wander around aimlessly in condition white, get distracted by a pretty birdy flying by which results in you crashing and dying thats Darwin at work my friend - nothing more. No Difference between the pretty birdy and some asshats spinners.

If on the other hand I were to toss spike strips in front of you, then I would be liable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Shit, if your an old fart at 27, what does that make me at **?!
I don't get the spinners, I always feel like my car is moving when I sit next to them.

I thought they were targets!

I keep shooting them with my shotgun!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You owe me one new keybord.

Den you gots da flows!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um...No.

I owe nothing to ensure YOUR survival, thats your job. If you wander around aimlessly in condition white, get distracted by a pretty birdy flying by which results in you crashing and dying thats Darwin at work my friend - nothing more. No Difference between the pretty birdy and some asshats spinners.

If on the other hand I were to toss spike strips in front of you, then I would be liable.

You are falsely giving off cues that indicate you are moving when you aren't and that's my fault if I take it for what it appears to be?

What DoubleFeed said.  You are not ensuring my survival, you are endangering others.

Nice new avatar DF!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Most of the ones I see around here are on $ 800.00 cars,,,,, go figure!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You are falsely giving off cues that indicate you are moving when you aren't and that's my fault if I take it for what it appears to be?

What DoubleFeed said.  You are not ensuring my survival, you are endangering others.

Nice new avatar DF!

I would argue that if YOU are unable determine whether another motor vehicle is in motion or not, you are the one endangering others.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#47]
You don't have to be an old fart to recognize no class ghetto crap. It ain't a matter of age, it's a matter of good taste (or lack thereof).
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice new avatar DF!

I would argue that if YOU are unable determine whether another motor vehicle is in motion or not, you are the one endangering others.

Would you not agree that it offers at least a moment of confusion?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I saw an Aerostar with spinners today.  Truly retarded
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top