Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:37:34 PM EDT
This being Columbus Day got me to thinking: why is there no statue, monument, portrait, or something of Amerigo Vespucci (sp?) in Washington DC or somewhere? Granted, he really didn't play any role in the history of our country, but come on....this is the man that our nation is named after, and he doesn't even have a bust or painting of him in the capitol. My friend thinks I'm an idiot for even suggesting such a thing, I just find it ironic that virtually nobody knows the name of the person our country...even two whole continets...is named after. You'd think he'd at least have SOME sort of recognition in the form of a painting in the White House or something.

What say you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is wierd that it is Native American day here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm just pleased as heck that we're not living in the United States of Vespucci!

And that we are NOT referred to as 'Vespuccians'!

Eric The(Euro-Vespuccian)Hun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top