Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 7:57:15 PM EDT
Anyone else see it?  If not, go rent it or buy it.  It is AWESOME.

Part Farenheit 451
Part Logan's Run
Part Blade Runner
Part Matrix

I absolutely loved it.  The "gun kata" is a neat idea.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it. Has good reviews on IMDB.com though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I had never heard of it either - but a friend of mine visited for a few days and had it on DVD.

When he explained it to me, I thought it sounded stupid, and the beginning of the movie seemed a little campy.  But then it got real good, real fast.

All in all, it's one of the best films I've seen this year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
My cousin said it was awesome, better than the original Matrix even.  I think I will rent it next time I go to Hollywood Video.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck no. Saw it twice in the theater. Once on opening night, and again two weeks later with the bro. Shortly after had a really bad DivX MPEG of the film, most likely taken by digital cam in a theater. Replaced that with a 2 VCD style DivX copy. Replaced that with the recently released DVD.

Heheehe...personally, I'm jonesing for a soundtrack CD. I really dig on the central musical theme....not so much on the schlock-rock portions.

It pisses me off that Dimension basically tanked the pic domesstically by barely spending their lunch money promoting it. IT had enough of everything to be a decent hit...then again I tend to get drawn to quality low budget sci-fi. From what I hear, though, they pushed it in Europe and it was much more warmly received.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked it...lent it to a friend, he liked it too.  The gun kata stuff was way cool, and the visuals of the movie were really good.  The chief bad guy played Robert the Bruce in Braveheart.  And the lead guy was also the lead in American Psycho, a truly wacky flick.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty good movie.  

A friend got a hold of a good copy before the dvd came out (couldn't tell it was a copy).  

It just goes to show that new ideas aren't as forthcoming as reworking the older ones.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Jarhead, if you turned it off there... yeah  you should have waited.  It takes a while to get going(and be interesting), and you bailed on it before the really good action came along.

I think it was better than the Matrix Reloaded, and on par with the first Matrix flick.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a trailer and it looked pretty interesting.  Was it ever in theaters, or did it go straight to DVD?

If it's out, I'll definitely rent it, since it looked like it met my movie 'gun quota.'
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Topcrest had it last week, I thought the same thing when I heard what it was about. I figured "B" movie, but after I saw it I gotta go buy it now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
What I want to know is if the the phony 'Father' was also a Cleric before?

He fought well for a guy with feelings...

The Wife, and then the Girl, were good looking wimmens, too.
Especially the Girl.
What a WASTE.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah he was a cleric or at least trained them.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw a trailer and it looked pretty interesting.  Was it ever in theaters, or did it go straight to DVD?

If it's out, I'll definitely rent it, since it looked like it met my movie 'gun quota.'
View Quote

It was in theaters briefly.  It was a limited release with pretty much zero advertising.

It recently came out on video.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I rented another movie that seemed to go straight to video called "Below" a few weeks ago.  WWII submarine movie, with a supernatural ghost angle.  It was from the same distributor as Equilibrium, Dimension.  Below was entirely decent. for a straight-to-video, B movie a lot like what this equilibrium sounds like.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I rented another movie that seemed to go straight to video called "Below" a few weeks ago.  WWII submarine movie, with a supernatural ghost angle.  It was from the same distributor as Equilibrium, Dimension.  Below was entirely decent. for a straight-to-video, B movie a lot like what this equilibrium sounds like.
View Quote

Haven't seen "Below" yet either, but it also looks pretty good.  The director of Below made other good stuff, if I recall.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Part Farenheit 451
Part Logan's Run
Part Blade Runner
Part Matrix

View Quote

pretty cool movie..reminded me of 1984 more than anything
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Part Farenheit 451
Part Logan's Run
Part Blade Runner
Part Matrix

View Quote

Okay, I rented it based on your post.  It was a good movie - very enjoyable.  The "gun kata" thing was pretty interesting stuff too.  Do you supposed a middle-aged guy with a paunch could get signed up for a class in that?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I enjoyed the heck out of it.  Not as good as the first Matrix, but a damn good movie anyway.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally saw it last week and it KICKED ASS!  The gunfights were just incredibly cool and the end was ambiguous enough to make you think...DID they make the right decision by letting emotions run free again?  And is Bale going to replace one dictatorship with another?
Very cool movie.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:13:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Bounce - saw it last night, very cool flick!

Story takes place in a future when overt feelings are outlawed, as well as personal possessions, paintings, music, colorful things, etc.. There's an underground resistance, JBTs, and all kinds of cool weaponry.  Stars Christian Bale (Reign Of Fire, American Psycho), Sean Bean ( LOTR, Bravo Two Zero, Ronin, etc.), William Fichtner (Armegeddon, Blackhawk Down, etc.), Taye Diggs (The Way Of The Gun, Basic), and Emily Watson (Red Dragon) - all good actors.

Check it out - you won't be disappointed :)  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top