Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2008 3:53:17 PM EDT
Ok, so I know I'm not. This is not another OMGWTFBBQ OBAMA IS COMIN FOR ME GUNS thread. But I just read who Obama selected to be the AG, I just heard on Fox News that banks own something like 1/3 of the property/houses in the country(heard "Banks own 1/3, banks are not supposed to be in the real estate business). You know, I talk to people about the country and the first thing out of their mouth is "This is not 1930's Germany, this is not Russia"... but didn't those people say that exact same thing, well, sort of. That this could never happen here. I don't know, I've always said that when I have kids they will ask me about what it was like "before". What that means, I'm not sure, but I feel that something is brewing in this country, and once that can is opened up, we will never be able to go back. I don't know, maybe I've been watching to many repeats of Jericho and the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My bunions have been hurting since Nov. 5th
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a bad feeling about something in the near future
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Online radar is very good nowadays.  I use my internets to SEE when a storm is coming.

And no, I'm not with ya.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Forecasting flurries hear... nothing measurable though
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It needs to hold off a couple years yet. I'm not quite ready.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe you need to use the toilet?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
repeats of Jericho? When is that on, I'd like to watch those again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of people say that animals (google returned pointing specifically to cows) will lay down or change their behavior before a storm. I liken the panic buying of guns and supplies to the same thing. Whether it comes or not, the american animal "feels" that a storm of sorts is on the way. After hundreds of years of people getting smarter, at the core of it all, we're animals and you cannot ignore the instinct to survive and to protect myself and mine. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
In 586 B.C. King David watched Jerusalem burn to the ground. Jerusalem is still here. America is about to go through a very difficult next 100 years, but it will survive.

All you and I can do while we're here is give em' hell with our bullets and bayonets.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Something Wicked this way comes!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#12]
A depression is coming.

My main concern is that when people panic they make stupid decisions. Decisions to give up freedoms for the illusion of safety.

When the depression comes, I fear that the "solution" that will sound the best to people will be sugar coated communism and people will eat it up out of panic and the need for "safety".

Obama will be the perfect candidate to bring about that kind of change...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]
The last time I felt like this?

December 31, 1999

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Something Wicked this way comes!

yup.......

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#16]
i like how this gets posted every day and every poster thinks they are being prophetic.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel that our new leader does not have our best interests at heart.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah.  I'm getting that feeling too.  It seems every player that thinks they have what it takes is throwing down chips.  I'm thinking 6 months the whole thing is just waiting for a flashpoint.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i like how this gets posted every day and every poster thinks they are being prophetic.

And I hate when people have to be smart asses because they are on the Internet. And yes, I am talking about you. Weren't you the same guy in the airsoft forum worrying about a ban on automatic airsoft guns?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A depression is coming.

My main concern is that when people panic they make stupid decisions. Decisions to give up freedoms for the illusion of safety.

When the depression comes, I fear that the "solution" that will sound the best to people will be sugar coated communism and people will eat it up out of panic and the need for "safety".

Yup.

We, as a country, would be far better off with a much more total collapse that will allow us to wash away the bloated, rotting government we're stuck with.  "Majority rule" democracy is a failure.  We need a government that A) is much more strictly constrained than even the Founding Fathers intended; B) that has an almost impossibly-high burden to meet to change that fundamental commission; and C) that also sets a high bar for who can participate in governing.  No more lowest-common-denominator 51% voting to strip more and more wealth away from the productive.  Representation should be decided only by those who have a stake in society... employed, land or business owner, in the military, in certain civil service positions.  The moment you become a net detractor to society, you lose your franchise and must earn it back.

There's a very good reason why a dictatorship follows the inevitable collapse of a democracy... by the time the "will of the people" has bankrupted the nation, things are so bad that everyone who's left just wants it fixed, at any cost.  And it never hurts to point a finger at some easily-identifiable group, blame them for the troubles, and carry out pogroms against them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"This is not 1930's Germany, this is not Russia"... but didn't those people say that exact same thing, well, sort of.

Yes, and they died a horrible painful ugly death in Gulags or were incinerated to ash in crematoria.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Doesn't that seem to make it all the more possible if not probable?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#23]
The mayan 2012 is actually 2008 for us.  So you have until the end of December.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In 586 B.C. King David watched Jerusalem burn to the ground.

David had been dead near 400 years at that time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You know, I talk to people about the country and the first thing out of their mouth is "This is not 1930's Germany, this is not Russia"... but didn't those people say that exact same thing, well, sort of. That this could never happen here.

During the '30s, Jews began to leave Germany.  When they told their family, friends, and neighbors that they should leave, too, the response was, "Why?  I have nothing to fear.  I'm a good German.  I pay my taxes.  You're paranoid.  It'll never happen here!"

When people truly believe that "it" can never happen "here", that is when "it" is virtually guaranteed to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#26]
No you arent the only one, and gun owners arent the only ones either. Lots of people can sense it. They've been for years now, more and more everyday. I mean really is anyone fucking content with our .gov?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I hate when people have to be smart asses because they are on the Internet. And yes, I am talking about you. Weren't you the same guy in the airsoft forum worrying about a ban on automatic airsoft guns?

What the fuck are you talking about?

How am I being a smart ass?
The world is not going to implode tomorrow, ARFCOM is just always looking for the next SHTF event to worry about. Half of this website thought there were gonna be huge riots after the election even if Obama won. Impossible to say what would have happened if McCain won, but obviously the shit did not hit the fan for us after Obama won.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't that seem to make it all the more possible if not probable?

That or shows that alot of people here are overly paranoid.
I'm sorry I guess I'm somewhat of a survivalist, I think you should stock up on things and prepare just in case, but at the same time , it gets repetitive seeing these "Storm's a brewin" posts every day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, I talk to people about the country and the first thing out of their mouth is "This is not 1930's Germany, this is not Russia"... but didn't those people say that exact same thing, well, sort of. That this could never happen here.

During the '30s, Jews began to leave Germany.  When they told their family, friends, and neighbors that they should leave, too, the response was, "Why?  I have nothing to fear.  I'm a good German.  I pay my taxes.  You're paranoid.  It'll never happen here!"

When people truly believe that "it" can never happen "here", that is when "it" is virtually guaranteed to.

Yup.

Call me paranoid all you like, I'm still buying guns and ammo. If any dying starts, I will only die by bullets in combat. Fuck execution by some freaks.

Quoted:
I'm sorry I guess I'm somewhat of a survivalist, I think you should stock up on things and prepare just in case, but at the same time , it gets repetitive seeing these "Storm's a brewin" posts every day.

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but Communism Lite just got elected to the White House, his party has control of the legislature, and he's filling his cabinet with the who's-who of anti-freedom. Anti-2A people, anti-1A people, anti-10A people, and he has an openly anti-13A agenda. His tax plan is a blueprint for eliminating anyone in between the unwashed masses and the rich, powerful elite.

Wake up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#30]
SoonerBorn -
The mayan 2012 is actually 2008 for us. So you have until the end of December.

Not sure about this, how does this figure. No flames - just wondering
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SoonerBorn -
The mayan 2012 is actually 2008 for us. So you have until the end of December.

Not sure about this, how does this figure. No flames - just wondering

It's simple. The USA is about to undertake the most radical economic and social changes it has ever endured in a very short period of time.
America as you know it today will NOT be the same two years from now. It will be radically different.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Call me paranoid all you like, I'm still buying guns and ammo. If any dying starts, I will only die by bullets in combat. Fuck execution by some freaks.

Quoted:

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but Communism Lite just got elected to the White House, his party has control of the legislature, and he's filling his cabinet with the who's-who of anti-freedom. Anti-2A people, anti-1A people, anti-10A people, and he has an openly anti-13A agenda. His tax plan is a blueprint for eliminating anyone in between the unwashed masses and the rich, powerful elite.

Wake up.

That just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Remember the book of the brotherhood from 1984.  Now I didn't really agree with many of the points brought up in that book, but nonetheless it is straight out of 1984.  George Orwell's idea was that the middle class was responsible for revolutions.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Quoted:

Wake up.

I'm perfectly awake.
Go look at the electoral map of the election. Count red states and blue. Alot of people in this country HATE Obama. He is going to be in a world of shit if he tries any of the revolutionary shit he has supported in the past. In 4 years a conservatve will be in office.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#34]
during WW2 Japans Admiral Yamamato said it would be too dangerous to attack America because there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. Right now our government  has been throwing so much crap on the people that the blades of grasses are growing like wild
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm perfectly awake.
Go look at the electoral map of the election. Count red states and blue. Alot of people in this country HATE Obama. He is going to be in a world of shit if he tries any of the revolutionary shit he has supported in the past. In 4 years a conservatve will be in office.

And you're probably right and that's what I'm going to hope and work for, but I won't be caught with my pants down if that doesn't work out as planned. Nor am I going to mock people worried that it won't work out.

The threat of pissing off a large segment of the population hasn't deterred leftist powermongers before. Their only goal is to get their hands on enough of the reins of power that they can force what they want. Come January 20th they'll have their hands on far too many of those reins for me to just sit back and tell myself everything will be okay.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In 586 B.C. King David watched Jerusalem burn to the ground. Jerusalem is still here. America is about to go through a very difficult next 100 years, but it will survive.

All you and I can do while we're here is give em' hell with our bullets and bayonets.

yes but the nation of isreal disappeared for about 1500 years or so.

And it's only here today due to the West and America in particular.

Who is going to bring us back?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Important Notice:

DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS,

AND THE RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL,

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Sincerely,
The Government
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm perfectly awake.

And you're probably right and that's what I'm going to hope and work for, but I won't be caught with my pants down if that doesn't work out as planned. Nor am I going to mock people worried that it won't work out.

The threat of pissing off a large segment of the population hasn't deterred leftist powermongers before. Their only goal is to get their hands on enough of the reins of power that they can force what they want. Come January 20th they'll have their hands on far too many of those reins for me to just sit back and tell myself everything will be okay.

If push comes to shove....the military of this country are conservative as well as most of the gun owners. Leftists can think they are voting themselves into power all they want, but when it comes down to it....Who has the real power in this country?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Important Notice:

DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS,

AND THE RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL,

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Sincerely,
The Government

LOLOLOLOL.. thats a GREAT bumper sticker!

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#40]
With the recent run on firearms, mags, and ammo, it's like prople are preparing for war.

Yeah....something is brewing....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A depression is coming.

Obama will be the perfect candidate to bring about that kind of change...

+1000 !

Wait 'til you have to feed your kids and there are food-lines.

Wait 'til the dollar loses 90% and you can't afford to fill your tank and you can't get
the medication for your diabetic daughter.

Many will prefer suicide that deal with this.

America's chickens have come home to roost!

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I had been sensing something brewing since January 17, 1989.

On February 28, 1993, I KNEW there was a storm coming.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#43]
nope, we're screwed.

nikita kruschev was right.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Go look at the electoral map of the election. Count red states and blue. Alot of people in this country HATE Obama. He is going to be in a world of shit if he tries any of the revolutionary shit he has supported in the past.

Why?  "The majority has spoken".  The red states you think are going to protect you went overwhelmingly to a guy who shares an awful lot of the viewpoints that characterized the Democratic Party of ~20 years ago, and who very seriously considered caucusing as a Democrat.  There is no groundswell of small-government fiscal conservatism waiting to sweep evil from the land... just tens of millions of people voting for the biggest handout.

If Obama can get enough of Congress to go along with his plans, there are no legal methods to resist.  "It's the law.  Obey.  Comply.  Pay your taxes, and just be glad we aren't taking more... yet."
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm perfectly awake.

If push comes to shove....the military of this country are conservative as well as most of the gun owners. Leftists can think they are voting themselves into power all they want, but when it comes down to it....Who has the real power in this country?

I know, I know!  The American people, who spoke out overwhelmingly against the TARP bailout... who were ignored, and who did nothing about being ignored!  Yeah, that's who really weilds true power in this country!

You're blind.  Power is accruing in Washington DC at an ever-increasing rate.  More and more, states and localities are not free to run their own affairs.  Try to find a new street intersection in East Tree Stump in a red state that doesn't have patterns of raised yellow dots in the walkways.

The military isn't going to "save" us.  They will either follow orders, and act as tools of oppression; or it will dissolve into anarchy as units are split between those who believe they must obery orders and those who wish to uphold the Constitution.  There is zero chance of a military coup d'etat in this country, and less chance of such a coup ending in a peaceful transition to civilian authority.

Gun owners aren't going to "save" us.  Millions and millions voted for Obama and believe in "reasonable gun control".  Most of the rest are as much sheep as most of the American population.  They'll either grudgingly turn their guns in, or have a "boating accident", and damn, those guns will be doing lots to secure liberty buried in PVC pipes!

There are two courses of action... a continual slide into Socialism until it collapses, or a forced collapse to allow us to start over.  There is no third possibility.  Those who have power are not going to suddenly give it up, or do what is in the best interests of "the people".  Every petty government bureaucrat will continue to amass as much wealth and influence as possible, and that means an ever-increasing sea of regulations and an ever-increasing demand for tax revenue to support the ever-increasing number of agents needed to enforce the regulations, because a larger and larger bureaucracy is how the chief bureaucrats get more power and more money.  They aren't going to stop until they're forced to stop.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go look at the electoral map of the election. Count red states and blue. Alot of people in this country HATE Obama. He is going to be in a world of shit if he tries any of the revolutionary shit he has supported in the past.

Why?  "The majority has spoken".  The red states you think are going to protect you went overwhelmingly to a guy who shares an awful lot of the viewpoints that characterized the Democratic Party of ~20 years ago, and who very seriously considered caucusing as a Democrat.  There is no groundswell of small-government fiscal conservatism waiting to sweep evil from the land... just tens of millions of people voting for the biggest handout.

If Obama can get enough of Congress to go along with his plans, there are no legal methods to resist.  "It's the law.  Obey.  Comply.  Pay your taxes, and just be glad we aren't taking more... yet."

Yep. You, sir, are one of the few on this site that actually gets it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sorry I wasted your time by forcing you to read my prophecy. ANYWAYS, the only thing I'm saying is it seems like things are heading in a very dangerous direction, quicker then any of us could have predicted. Or, maybe that's that me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nostradumbnuts syndrome.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I feel that our new leader does not have our best interests at heart.

Wish he would get his fucking nose OUT of my best interests. I will decide what is best for me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top