Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2008 4:38:36 PM EDT
..Of these loose shits that are being wiped on disks and passed off as "Games" these days?

(If it is just me.. What games do you all suggest then?)
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Call OF duty style with vietnam.... damnit I want it so bad.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
go play oil empires

oh wait
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Waiting for Far Cry 2....

Also gonna get GTA IV for PC.

That's about it other than LOTRO Mines of Moria which expands upon the MMO LOTRO that's already been out 2 years now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Call of Duty: World at War is going to dominate.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Waiting for Far Cry 2....

Damn straight.  I'm going to pre-order it on Steam tonight.  It looks incredibly awesome.

-James
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a little slow finding out about it,  but Castle Crashers on Xbox Live Arcade is a blast.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Crysis warhead is kinda good.  Stalker Clear Sky is decent as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Oregon Trail?

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oregon Trail?

"fuck face has dysentery"

"you have shot 4500 pounds of meat but can only carry 1000 pounds"

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oregon Trail?

LOL here you go:

Play Oregon Trail on any apple version within webpage
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Was that sarcasm...or a serious statement. CoD:WaW is being made by Treyarch...aka the tards that brought us the terrible CoD3 game. It will suck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I was always a fan of Joust, personally.

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Battlefield 1942 was probably the best game in a long time... I wish I still had my computer, so I could play it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was always a fan of Joust, personally.

ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/791/791172/joust-20070523001435246-000.jpg

My buddy has that full size arcade game in his house
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Meh, another WW2 fps...like Yahtzee said...its the single genre where the Americans run around with their guns balanced on their wangs, punching Nazis with one hand and scarfing apple pie with the other...

Im waiting for the GTA4 port, Crysis 2, Left 4 Dead and Half Life 2: Episode 3...
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]
TF:2 and DOD:S are my two faves.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oregon Trail?

"fuck face has dysentery"

"you have shot 4500 pounds of meat but can only carry 1000 pounds"

I remember this game.  Used to play it back in high school along with Gunship2000
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]
i suggest the age of empires series or starwars empire at war
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
CoD4 with Battlefield 2 sized maps with vehicles would be the ultimate game.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

But it would slow down the action alot, which I dont think the developers want...its nice to be able to spawn, run for ~15 seconds and end up in the thick of the action, as opposed for spending 5-10 minutes driving around the map trying to find a group of enemies...
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it would slow down the action alot, which I dont think the developers want...its nice to be able to spawn, run for ~15 seconds and end up in the thick of the action, as opposed for spending 5-10 minutes driving around the map trying to find a group of enemies...

True, but the whole sniper class in CoD4 is useless IMO.  The best "sniper" rifle in the game is the G3 with an Aimpoint.  They could add a lot of unarmed, unarmored vehicles to it to get people where they want to go.  You're right though, developers are mainly catering to the run and gun crowd.  It's sad when you use more strategy and tactics in TF2 than in a game that's supposed to simulate real combat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Battlefield 1942 was probably the best game in a long time... I wish I still had my computer, so I could play it.

This man speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but the whole sniper class in CoD4 is useless IMO.  The best "sniper" rifle in the game is the G3 with an Aimpoint.  They could add a lot of unarmed, unarmored vehicles to it to get people where they want to go.  You're right though, developers are mainly catering to the run and gun crowd.  It's sad when you use more strategy and tactics in TF2 than in a game that's supposed to simulate real combat.

Do you play COD4 on a console, or PC?

Best Sniper on PC is the .50 with deep impact.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PC, And I use the G3 a lot with deep impact, it goes through the walls just as good as the .50 as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guy's know nothing, The best sniper rifle is any bolt action with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PC, And I use the G3 a lot with deep impact, it goes through the walls just as good as the .50 as far as I can tell.

Hmm, never tested the G3, but vs. the other snipers it seemed the .50 penetrated more walls. I liked my .50/1911 combo in hardcore mode(only mode I play), was all I used on some maps.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You'll never get it - and if you do it won't be from infinity ward, which is the developers who make the GOOD call of duty games. Treyarch made cod3 and are making call of duty world at war, which I hate to be a nay sayer, but will suck. However Infinity Ward IS working on a new game series. So look forward to that. Also I believe iD software still makes quality games, which john carmack is actually involved (so that excludes Quake Wars, Quake 4, the new Wolfenstein...)
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll never get it - and if you do it won't be from infinity ward, which is the developers who make the GOOD call of duty games. Treyarch made cod3 and are making call of duty world at war, which I hate to be a nay sayer, but will suck. However Infinity Ward IS working on a new game series. So look forward to that. Also I believe iD software still makes quality games, which john carmack is actually involved (so that excludes Quake Wars, Quake 4, the new Wolfenstein...)

Hey, we can dream though
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#29]
treyarch hasn't been given a fair shake.  they had a 6 month development cycle for cod3.  this time they had the standard 2 years.

add to that the fact they're using the cod4 engine and they're keeping all the good things about cod4 and tweaking it a little bit, partly to improve, partly to be period specific (attack dogs and flamethrowers), and i think there's a chance the game will be very good.

i know a few guys that have done the beta, and they say it's fun.  i get my beta key on wednesday, i'll check back in then.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
..Of these loose shits that are being wiped on disks and passed off as "Games" these days?

(If it is just me.. What games do you all suggest then?)

You're not talking about that glitchy p.o.s. Mercenaries 2 are you?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Huh, a FPS with a WWII slant to it?  That sounds original and it just might work.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

oh god that would be sooooo fucking awesome!!!!

that would possibly be the most amazing game EVAR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top