Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:54:57 AM EDT

I was at work last night when one of the assistant managers jabbed me lightly in the side for whatever reason. His fingers hit the butt of my Glock 29.

A minute later he asked what that was exactly in a suspicious tone of voice, and I told him it was my pager. He said 'oh, ok' and walked away, and didn't mention anything about it. I am pretty sure he believed me, and didn't think anything of it.

My general manager knows that I have a CWP, but not that I carry at work daily. There is no stated 'no firearms policy' at work, and last year (as was discussed in an earlier thread of mine) my roommate was robbed at gunpoint there, which is my main reason for carrying there.

Personally, I don't want anyone to know, because I like the ace up the sleeve that it represents, and because it is my business and no one elses.

Any thoughts? Could I be in any sort of trouble if someone inadvertently finds out about this? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:56:56 AM EDT
Concealed means concealed.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 5:11:14 AM EDT by rainman]
Why is some guy touching you there? That may be your bigger problem. I'd be careful
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:11:13 AM EDT
There is a provision in the Fla. Statute that requires you to display your license on the request of a LEO, but otherwise, you don't have a legal obligation to tell anybody.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:17:24 AM EDT
Only if you get pulled over by an LEO but that may even vary from state to state. Here in Tennessee your CCW status comes back when your DL is run so the officer will know if you have a permit to carry wether you tell him or not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:21:06 AM EDT

I work in a restaurant, and am constantly sliding past/rubbing shoulders with everyone I work with, due to the crowded confines and hallways.

This has actually been my biggest concern, that a coworker would inadvertently touch the weapon on my right hip and ask what it was.

I am glad to hear that I don't have to tell anyone about it, I just don't want any sort of scene at work if someone else finds out about it and doesn't like it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:33:28 AM EDT
You could always get a smaller gun. A Kel-Tec P-32 with a clip on it would slip into the wasit band of your pants and you won't even know it's there let alone anyone else. Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:00:59 AM EDT
If someone ever asks what that was after bumpng it tell them it's a diabetic insulin pump.

If they comment on never seeing you with a needle or such tell them that's what the pump does automaticly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:21:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TNFrank:
You could always get a smaller gun. A Kel-Tec P-32 with a clip on it would slip into the wasit band of your pants and you won't even know it's there let alone anyone else. Just something to think about.

I was talking with a guy who carries a P32 in his waist band. He said he advised a cop he was carrying and the cop asked if he minded being frisked for practice. The LEO did not find the gun on the first pat-down. The P32 is designed primarily with concealment in mind.

In SC I am obligated to advise a homeowner if I'm carrying in his residence. That's something I'd do out of common courtesy anyway (I'd want to know).

I talked with our plant security manager about this subject. Corporate headquarters has a no firearms policy, but we are geographically separated from them. He said he didn't mind, since corporate has security guards and we don't.

That was cool.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:24:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rainman:
Why is some guy touching you there? That may be your bigger problem. I'd be careful

That's where his G-spot is located.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:28:02 PM EDT
Hey, I'm not!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:14:50 PM EDT
Ya, my S&W is my "cell phone". Don't tell anybody except other gun nuts who are carrying also.
Top Top