Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 6:18:35 PM EDT
BATFE called, they're coming out on thursday................to check my C&R license of all things (since i'm an 01 FFL now)

i used my C&R to buy 3 guns....................

1 SKS i sold to a buddy of mine (bought two to get the discount, no 4473 as i wasn't a dealer then)
1SKS i sold via my FFL through all legal channels (i was hurting for money, this was the one i kept for myself)
1 CZ52 pistol, still in my possession but my brother in law has it right now

i imagine he'll inspect my '01 too but that's all good, its just this damn C&R license im worried about................any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can I'd get the pistol back,the ATFE guy will probably want to see it. Other then that you sound good to go to me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
well i damn sure hope so, the way i understood the curio and relic license was that it was there for you to collect guns for yourself and NOT to use as a business license to buy and sell guns for profit

i would think this is OBVIOUSLY not a case of selling guns for profit using a C&R, especially since i sold my SKS through my FFL.........................besides the fact of only buying 3 total guns with it in the MONTHS i had it before attaining my '01 dealers license
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
wait a damn minute.................naked80 is a friggin MODERATOR?????

somehow that seems so wrong..............
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You just made their job easier and perhaps saved some tax payer dollars on prosecution because I'm sure they don't monitor this board or contact their field agents in Texas.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You are allowed to buy guns for yourself with your C&R and later sell them to others to refine your collection.  As long as you've kept proper records in a bound book, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You just made their job easier and perhaps saved some tax payer dollars on prosecution because I'm sure they don't monitor this board or contact their field agents in Texas.

ok, maybe its just that you're retarded but i'll give this one more go.................so far as i know im completely LEGAL, im here to get OPINIONS on what the inspector will think of my PERFECTLY LEGAL transactions.  like i said before, a C&R license is NOT to be used for profit and selling one gun, at cost, in order to get a quantity discount and recording the seller is NOT a criminal act, jackass

i was looking for people with C&Rs who have been inspected before
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My understanding, from everything I've read on C&R boards, is that you can take just the books TO THE ATF office, rahter than have them come into your home.  If you can't get the pistol back, and it worries you, you could look at this avenue.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You are allowed to buy guns for yourself with your C&R and later sell them to others to refine your collection.  As long as you've kept proper records in a bound book, you'll be fine.

I've never been inspected for my C&R, but I imagine there are the occasional cases of people who get a C&R license, buy a few C&R guns, and then decide they're not really into the whole C&R thing after all, and sell a few (or all) of them.  It seems pretty clear that - given the very small number - you weren't engaged in selling lots of C&R guns for profit, so I can't imagine that it would be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen lots of guys at the local gun shows selling nothing but C&R guns for a profit and with only a C&R license.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
if you no longer have possession of the cz52( if BIL has it, then you are NOT in possession, they will look at all the "ins" and verify if they are there), then you need to log it out to your brother, that is the only thing that raises concern.  As for the time limit on selling guns, there is none, so long as you do not devote and enormous amout of time and attention to selling in order to make a living, is the guideline they are looking for. ( as someone mentioned the 10K sks and 10K cz's that are being sold to crooks)
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
BATFE called, they're coming out on thursday................to check my C&R license of all things (since i'm an 01 FFL now)

i used my C&R to buy 3 guns....................

1 SKS i sold to a buddy of mine (bought two to get the discount, no 4473 as i wasn't a dealer then)
1SKS i sold via my FFL through all legal channels (i was hurting for money, this was the one i kept for myself)
1 CZ52 pistol, still in my possession but my brother in law has it right now

i imagine he'll inspect my '01 too but that's all good, its just this damn C&R license im worried about................any thoughts?

MAKE SURE YOU LOGGED THE GUNS INCOMING **AND** OUTGOING IN YOUR BOUND BOOK
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If things don't work out, have someone post your address of incarceration.

Will send cookies and brownies :)

Seriously, hope all goes well

Gwen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top