Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:25:51 PM EDT
Has to do with the Illegal Aliens from Mexico with the 5 year old that needs a bone marrow transplant. They and 34 of their "family" want to stay in the US to have their son treated [if a marrow candidate can be found] The cost would be around 500K. He thinks that if someone wants them deported they are wrong. I think that If I have to help pay [500K is not going to be paid by their family and that is a moot point]to treat a sick kid I would prefer to pay for an AMERICAN kid before an illegal from anywhere. Of course I feel bad for the kid but if we allow one, then ALL sick people are being told that they can come here illegally, and we will pick up the tab.

And this will be used by the next case and so on. Heck, I'd play the game myself. But, we cannot pay for the illegals and their medical costs NOW, and if this was taken on a strictly unbiased case, it could have implications for any sick person who could make it to this Country. At what point would we say enough?

I am sick of "conservatives" like Hannidy making excuses when it suits his personal opinion to allow criminal behavior to be rewarded. It is not like Mexico has no hospitals and truth be told, 34 illagal Alian family members is rediculous. Why not allow the whole village then?

So, am I just a hardass or is Hannidy just showing his closet liberalness? [sic] I DO feel sorry for the child and family but I do not want criminals and illegal alians rewarded for breaking our laws. There are many thousands of people trying to be citizens and enter and stay legally in the US to allow sympathy to put illegals in the front of the line.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:30:29 PM EDT
I think one would be a hardass if they shipped the parents and the 5-year old back.

However, the 34 familiy members would be on the next bus to Tijuana
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:36:39 PM EDT
You run into a lot of problems trying to be "reasonable" or feeling bad about one person.
Problem is - there are a couple billion 1 persons, so you can't let that get in the way of protecting this country.

This is why we have something called policy - so we can say "sorry, but if I did it for you, I'd have to do it for everyone."
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:40:13 PM EDT
Sean Hannity?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:42:52 PM EDT
Despite your atrocious spelling, I tend to agree with you. That's why I stopped listening to him over a year ago. That, and he repeats himself too much. If I have to hear "defeating evil in our time" one more time, I think I'll puke. So what if GW got more votes than any other candidate in history? Kerry holds the number two spot, which makes the argument pointless. I'm sure he's a great guy, I even met him once, but he needs to come up with some new material.

Colmes is still his bitch though...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:43:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
Has to do with the Illegal Aliens from Mexico with the 5 year old that needs a bone marrow transplant. They and 34 of their "family" want to stay in the US to have their son treated [if a marrow candidate can be found] The cost would be around 500K. He thinks that if someone wants them deported they are wrong. I think that If I have to help pay [500K is not going to be paid by their family and that is a moot point]to treat a sick kid I would prefer to pay for an AMERICAN kid before an illegal from anywhere. Of course I feel bad for the kid but if we allow one, then ALL sick people are being told that they can come here illegally, and we will pick up the tab.

And this will be used by the next case and so on. Heck, I'd play the game myself. But, we cannot pay for the illegals and their medical costs NOW, and if this was taken on a strictly unbiased case, it could have implications for any sick person who could make it to this Country. At what point would we say enough?

I am sick of "conservatives" like Hannidy making excuses when it suits his personal opinion to allow criminal behavior to be rewarded. It is not like Mexico has no hospitals and truth be told, 34 illagal Alian family members is rediculous. Why not allow the whole village then?

So, am I just a hardass or is Hannidy just showing his closet liberalness? [sic] I DO feel sorry for the child and family but I do not want criminals and illegal alians rewarded for breaking our laws. There are many thousands of people trying to be citizens and enter and stay legally in the US to allow sympathy to put illegals in the front of the line.

It's always some hearbreaking little anecdote, ain't it? Hannity's a closet liberal, I've never cared for him.
The kid and the 34 family members all need sent back, it's bullshit like this that's causing healthcare to skyrocket in this country.
I'm tired of Mexico leaching off of us, and if you're a hardass so am I.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:44:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sydney7629:
I think one would be a hardass if they shipped the parents and the 5-year old back.

Are you writing the check for the treatment?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:47:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ryann:

We all are with tax dollars
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:48:39 PM EDT
There are plenty of American kids that need the same procedure that should have priority. Besides, why can't the Mexican government or the Mexican people foot the bill?

Fuck Hannity. He's the kind of "conservative" that thinks helping your own people is communism but helping those from some shithole is the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:50:34 PM EDT

We're writing the check for a lot worse

The problem is, our illegal immigration problem has gotten so bad that we have become desensitized to a 5-year old boy that is probably going to die in a month if we don't help him. I have a HUGE problem with paying social services for illegals and educating them, etc.

I would like to ask anyone who says to send him back what you would do if your 5-year old son was dying and the only way to help him live was to illegally enter an otherwise welcoming country.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Tex-:
There are plenty of American kids that need the same procedure that should have priority. Besides, why can't the Mexican government or the Mexican people foot the bill?

Fuck Hannity. He's the kind of "conservative" that thinks helping your own people is communism but helping those from some shithole is the right thing to do.

Nicely put. Why don't we try this- Just change effin COUNTRIES with them! They do have some good dove shoots down there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:56:36 PM EDT
they throw my tax money away anyway. give the kid a transplant. send the extended family back. better to spend the money on the kid than 2000$ credit cards of crak grannies from NOLA.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:57:13 PM EDT
1. Family pays for medical treatment
2. Family pays for deportation (illegals only)
3. Kid gets medical treatment

OR

EVERYONE gets sent home in chains.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:59:22 PM EDT
Listening to Hannity makes you stupid.

The man doesn't check his facts, he can't argue his points worth a damn, he can't stand criticism or any coherent attack on his beliefs, and he'll call anyone who disagrees with him a liberal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:01:05 PM EDT

The problem is, our illegal immigration problem has gotten so bad that we have become desensitized to a 5-year old boy that is probably going to die in a month if we don't help him. I have a HUGE problem with paying social services for illegals and educating them, etc.

I would like to ask anyone who says to send him back what you would do if your 5-year old son was dying and the only way to help him live was to illegally enter an otherwise welcoming country.

We ARE a welcoming country-just enter legally and respect our laws. If you want to personalize it, perhaps if I did live in a 3rd world shit hole I MAY cross the border to a 1st world country-but that doesn't mean I'd be entitled to treatment in that 1st world country does it?
Coming to the US is not an international entitlement, and I've resigned myself to the belief that people get the government they get. Life's a bitch, and everybody dies, and if that's being "desensitized" then I'm guilty as charged. Fuck 'em send 'em back to Fox to worry about.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:01:36 PM EDT

no, the money's being taken from him at gun point on April 15th, same as it is from me and probably you too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:07:20 PM EDT
Sean Hannity is a putz. a soothsaying spineless putz.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 2:13:15 PM EDT by sydney7629]

We ARE a welcoming country-just enter legally and respect our laws. If you want to personalize it, perhaps if I did live in a 3rd world shit hole I MAY cross the border to a 1st world country-but that doesn't mean I'd be entitled to treatment in that 1st world country does it?
Coming to the US is not an international entitlement, and I've resigned myself to the belief that people get the government they get. Life's a bitch, and everybody dies, and if that's being "desensitized" then I'm guilty as charged. Fuck 'em send 'em back to Fox to worry about.

So for the last 50 years, this country has done nothing to stem the tide of illegal immigration. We have employed illegals, we teach them in our schools, give them driver's licenses, medical treatment and hell, now even home mortgages..... Like it or not we welcome illegals just as much as the legal immigrants

...But THIS is where we draw the line? This is where we say NO MORE? By letting an innocent 5-year old kid die. A kid that did not choose his lot in life. I'm sure everyone would be proud when we heard on the news one day that a little 5-year old boy died in Mexico after being denied an operation that would have saved his life. We won't have a fence on the border, we won't have the National Guard there either. But we finally cracked down on illegal immigration by letting a little boy die who could have been saved here
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:14:10 PM EDT

But, and this is a valid question, what would you do if Save the Children chartered a ship, put 1000 Sub Saharan children with AIDS on it and illegally brought them to the US. Would you feel the same way? Would you pay for treatment for them also? At what point do you cease rewarding illegal behavior?

This family was in the US illegally in the first place, and they only admitted it so as to open up the pool of donors. They admitted to criminal behavior for personal gain, and I do not feel I should reward criminal behavior with my tax dollars.

I would feel different if they appealed to the US to help their Kid while not breaking our laws. I see that happen quite frequently as a matter of fact. And to me that is a different thing entirely, and I have no problem with it.

And the fact that I feel for the child and his family does not mean I should ignore the law and allow it to happen. That breeds contempt for the law and encourages others to do the same.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:15:28 PM EDT
If Hannity wants this kid treated in an American hospital, why doesn't he front the money himself? He's good for it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:16:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:16:53 PM EDT

But, and this is a valid question, what would you do if Save the Children chartered a ship, put 1000 Sub Saharan children with AIDS on it and illegally brought them to the US. Would you feel the same way? Would you pay for treatment for them also? At what point do you cease rewarding illegal behavior?

This family was in the US illegally in the first place, and they only admitted it so as to open up the pool of donors. They admitted to criminal behavior for personal gain, and I do not feel I should reward criminal behavior with my tax dollars.

I would feel different if they appealed to the US to help their Kid while not breaking our laws. I see that happen quite frequently as a matter of fact. And to me that is a different thing entirely, and I have no problem with it.

And the fact that I feel for the child and his family does not mean I should ignore the law and allow it to happen. That breeds contempt for the law and encourages others to do the same.

I would say there is a huge difference between a family coming here to seek medical attention for a dying child and actually going out and finding people who need treatment.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

The man doesn't check his facts, he can't argue his points worth a damn, he can't stand criticism or any coherent attack on his beliefs, and he'll call anyone who disagrees with him a liberal.

Amen!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:29:19 PM EDT

I would say there is a huge difference between a family coming here to seek medical attention for a dying child and actually going out and finding people who need treatment.

No! They were already here illegally. They were already breaking the law.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:43:57 PM EDT

I'll go back to my original point

So for the last 50 years, this country has done nothing to stem the tide of illegal immigration. We have employed illegals, we teach them in our schools, give them driver's licenses, medical treatment and hell, now even home mortgages..... Like it or not we welcome illegals just as much as the legal immigrants

...But THIS is where we draw the line? This is where we say NO MORE? By letting an innocent 5-year old kid die. A kid that did not choose his lot in life. I'm sure everyone would be proud when we heard on the news one day that a little 5-year old boy died in Mexico after being denied an operation that would have saved his life. We won't have a fence on the border, we won't have the National Guard there either. But we finally cracked down on illegal immigration by letting a little boy die who could have been saved here

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:45:37 PM EDT
No, he's not a closet liberal.

He's openly collectivist, if you don't realize there's a whole bunch of "conservative" collectivists running around it's time to wake up.

He's just a GOP cheerleader.

That was far more entertaining when there was a democrat in office, now it's just lame.

By the way, I don't think Colmes really believes half the stuff he says, he's just there to do a really bad job of argueing the opposite of whatever Hannity says, he's a professional straw man.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:17:39 PM EDT

I doubt very few Mexicans would choose to be be born in Mexico if they could choose their lot in life. And where exactly does one draw the line? Or does it shift depending on whether one is 5, rich, poor, beautiful, ugly, sick, healthy, a slut, wholesome, honest, or criminal? That is why the law needs to be impartial. It should not pick and choose depending on how one FEELS.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:01:56 PM EDT

how about we let the 34 family members that are also here illegally chip in to pay for his treatment?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:11:29 PM EDT

I doubt very few Mexicans would choose to be be born in Mexico if they could choose their lot in life. And where exactly does one draw the line? Or does it shift depending on whether one is 5, rich, poor, beautiful, ugly, sick, healthy, a slut, wholesome, honest, or criminal? That is why the law needs to be impartial. It should not pick and choose depending on how one FEELS.

So humanity be damned!!! The law is the law and if that means this little boy dies, well, so be it.
Tell me something. If we aren't going to deport the other 10-15 million, then why this one?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:18:15 PM EDT
Take the sick kid to see Arnold.....

He can go "Tookie" on 'em

j/k of course, but seriously. We have to draw the line. Get over here legally - and there are 10's of thousads who do all the time - and get busy looking for a job like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:
Sean Hannity?

Hannity = Blowhard gasbag.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:23:22 PM EDT

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:20:56 PM EDT
He's a softie for kids.

But the basic question is where the line is drawn. When you talk generalities, no problems, deporting a single sick kid, ouch. Had another famous hard core conservative Christian on today who basically analogized that letting a sick live kid die wasn't much beter than aborting fetuses.

Where do you draw the line, is not an easy question for specific cases.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:26:53 PM EDT
Sick children are dying EVERY DAY in this country.

So do you not care about them just because the media isn't bringing them to your attention on an individual basis?

If you care enough, donate to get the kid treatment. Don't demand everyone else in the country donate to make you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:32:08 PM EDT
He had his head up his ASS today
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:34:26 PM EDT
Persons in this country Illegaly are due no rights.

I don't care if their kids are dieing on the steps of hospitals.

Once the word gets out, they will stop coming.

I honestly don't care about criminals nor thier kids.

The borders must be sealed deeply.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:37:02 PM EDT
Jesus Tapdancing Christ...

The most I've ever been paid is $10.00 and hour. I'm not even going to do the math to figure out what $500K is after you take taxes out of my paychecks.

I say you put that little sonuvabitch back on a bus to foreigner-land... UNLESS someone decides to offer the treatment at NO cost to taxpayers.

I'm not saying I deserve $500K for nothing... but there is an American that could use such resources... probably just a fraction of it!

In terms of investment in human capital (I'm not going into the Political Science/Economics of it right now), the kid aint worth it. There's millions more where he came from.

- BG
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:42:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:55:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:01:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
Uh... I don't know at what point most of your brains fell out but when it comes to children - ANY children - nationality does not matter. So, this kid deserves to die because his PARENTS are criminals? wtf?

If any of you would happily volunteer to tell that toddler he has to die because mommy & daddy are law breakers then I suggest you look up "mental health professionals" in the Yellow Pages.

Mom, dad, & the other 30+ relatives need to get deported, jailed, whatever. The kid? No.

How can a 5 year old be held responsible for the criminal misdeeds of his guardians?

Does that make the United States of America responsible for every 5 year old with aids in Africa?

How about just every sick person under the age of 18? Perhaps we should have free healthcare for every child on earth supported by US tax payers?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:11:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:57:32 PM EDT

Nah....I have a Federal/State/ Local twice monthly deduction plan.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:59:58 PM EDT

Uh... I don't know at what point most of your brains fell out but when it comes to children - ANY children - nationality does not matter. So, this kid deserves to die because his PARENTS are criminals? wtf?

If any of you would happily volunteer to tell that toddler he has to die because mommy & daddy are law breakers then I suggest you look up "mental health professionals" in the Yellow Pages.

Mom, dad, & the other 30+ relatives need to get deported, jailed, whatever. The kid? No.

How can a 5 year old be held responsible for the criminal misdeeds of his guardians?

Does that make the United States of America responsible for every 5 year old with aids in Africa?

How about just every sick person under the age of 18? Perhaps we should have free healthcare for every child on earth supported by US tax payers?

Has every 5 year old with AIDS in Africa been brought to the United States by their parents illegally, about to die in a few weeks & being threatened with deportation?

If some little kid was dragged across the border by his criminal parents & I offered him a drink out in the desert from a City water source, would your arguement be, "should we give every thristy kid in the world a drink of water?

I think you meant to say that you were offering to steal someone else's water for him.

Children of illegal immigrants are not responsibility of the USA. They are their PARENT's responsibility.

If we rob Americans for this kid's treatment everyone WILL be bringing their kid here illegally for free treatment.

Do you think its the American taxpayer's responsibility to make sure every child in Mexico has adequate health care?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:02:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
He's a softie for kids.

But the basic question is where the line is drawn. When you talk generalities, no problems, deporting a single sick kid, ouch. Had another famous hard core conservative Christian on today who basically analogized that letting a sick live kid die wasn't much beter than aborting fetuses.

Where do you draw the line, is not an easy question for specific cases.

For me in this case the line is easy........help the kid. His parents can stay as long as the kid needs treatment....the other 34 back on the bus to Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 10:26:07 PM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:35:05 PM EDT
I have a couple of medical problems and i bust my ass sometimes to make up the co pays and non covered shit
couple of times a year I get hit for multi thousand dollars in a single month that i was not expecting

plus have to cover my outragous health insurance costs that have tripled in the last 5 years or so

I say fuck um and send um back
people like the are the reason i have to bust my ass 60 hours a week
to cover my outragous med expenses
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:10:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:

If some little kid was dragged across the border by his criminal parents & I offered him a drink out in the desert from a City water source, would your arguement be, "should we give every thristy kid in the world a drink of water?

Your analogy is incorrect. What's happening in this case is NOT someone (or many someones) VOLUNTEERING to give this kid a half-million-dollar medical proceedure. I'm FINE with that. If people want to collect money to pay for it, if some rich guy ponies up the money, or if some hospital decides to do the work for free, then FINE.

What is WRONG here is that MY money (via federal/state income taxes, collected at virtual gunpoint), and everyone else's money, is going to be spent, withOUT my (or their) approval or say-so in the matter.

To use your analogy, it would be like me seeing the kid in the desert, asking him "are you thirsty?", and then going into YOUR wallet, without your knowledge or approval, and taking money to buy the kid some water. See the difference?

-Troy

There are a few hundred things every year in the Federal and State budgets that I don't agree with. That money gets spent without my approval or say-so in the matter.

I am still dumbfounded that so many of you take the position that you would just let the child die. I have to believe that this is only because you don't actually have to make that decision. I guess its pretty easy to say that on an internet forum
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:11:54 AM EDT

Your analogy is incorrect. What's happening in this case is NOT someone (or many someones) VOLUNTEERING to give this kid a half-million-dollar medical proceedure. I'm FINE with that. If people want to collect money to pay for it, if some rich guy ponies up the money, or if some hospital decides to do the work for free, then FINE.

What is WRONG here is that MY money (via federal/state income taxes, collected at virtual gunpoint), and everyone else's money, is going to be spent, withOUT my (or their) approval or say-so in the matter.

To use your analogy, it would be like me seeing the kid in the desert, asking him "are you thirsty?", and then going into YOUR wallet, without your knowledge or approval, and taking money to buy the kid some water. See the difference?

-Troy

There are a few hundred things every year in the Federal and State budgets that I don't agree with. That money gets spent without my approval or say-so in the matter.

I am still dumbfounded that so many of you take the position that you would just let the child die. I have to believe that this is only because you don't actually have to make that decision. I guess its pretty easy to say that on an internet forum

actually most of us are taking the position that it's either the kids parents or the mexican government that should be the responsible parties. not the US taxpayer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:18:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

-Troy

actually most of us are taking the position that it's either the kids parents or the mexican government that should be the responsible parties. not the US taxpayer.

and I am taking the position that in a perfect world that would happen. However, I highly doubt that the kids parents can afford a life-saving bone-marrow transplant operation. In addition, Mexico probably doesn't give a shit.

In this country, we don't (or shouldn't) turn people away who are on the verge of death when we have the ability to save them...regardless of their citizenship
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:28:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:19:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

-Troy

and I am taking the position that in a perfect world that would happen. However, I highly doubt that the kids parents can afford a life-saving bone-marrow transplant operation. In addition, Mexico probably doesn't give a shit.

In this country, we don't (or shouldn't) turn people away who are on the verge of death when we have the ability to save them...regardless of their citizenship

So you beleive in social responsibility rather than personal responsibility? Kudos Komrade!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top