Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:49:29 PM EDT
After wanting a pair for years, I've heard the the Gerber DET won't produce a watertight crimp like the .mil cutter/crimpers, and that several folks who are over in the sandbox currently just use 'em as doorstops, citing broken parts and some other design flaws.

There goes my toy lust

What are you EOD/SWAT/HazDev folks using as your multiplier (if any) downrange?
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is that they are sized for civilian nonel caps not mill caps. I use the hell out of mine and I find the most used tool on them is the powder punch, gets used for everything but punching powder. I haven't been able to find mine for a couple of weeks now and am trying to decide what to buy next, DET or another Leatherman? Both are quality but Im leaning twards the Leatherman again, it just has more usefull tools. Besides, who besides the military uses much if any nonel anyway?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The problem is that they are sized for civilian nonel caps not mill caps. I use the hell out of mine and I find the most used tool on them is the powder punch, gets used for everything but punching powder. I haven't been able to find mine for a couple of weeks now and am trying to decide what to buy next, DET or another Leatherman? Both are quality but Im leaning twards the Leatherman again, it just has more usefull tools. Besides, who besides the military uses much if any nonel anyway?

Leatherman's politics would make me shy away form their products if another similar one was available.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
And what are they? Please don't tell me anti gun! Crap.....

BTW we can't cut det cord with anything but a fixed blade knife now. That and not much nonel work may be the demise of the cap crimper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top