Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 2:43:20 PM EDT by SubnetMask]
As part of my job, I have to use alot of web applications that require IE. Fine and dandy, but I miss alot of cool features and plugins that I've been acustomed to in Firefox.

There are alot of alternative browsers out there that are based on the IE engine. Slim Browser comes to mind. Rather than try every one of them, I figured I'd solicit the opinions of those who have tried many different alternatives. So, what do you guys like and why?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:01:20 PM EDT
Ohh! Alternative browsers based on IE security holes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:03:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NimmerMehr:

Oh, save it. I've been doing this a long time. I already use and love Firefox. I don't want this to turn into a M$ vs everybody else thread. I just want to discuss browsers based on IE.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:48:31 PM EDT
Forget all of that and disregard my question. Soemtimes it's better to ask your coworkers and not a bunch of guys on a gun board.

DIG THIS: How about an extension to Firefox that allows you to use the IE rendering engine INSIDE OF A TAB? This is the solution to all of my problems. I've got all of my kick ass plugins, and I can use IE to render a page if need be.

This is REALLY COOL. Check it out:IE Tab

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:49:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
Forget all of that and disregard my question. Soemtimes it's better to ask your coworkers and not a bunch of guys on a gun board.

DIG THIS: How about an extension to Firefox that allows you to use the IE rendering engine INSIDE OF A TAB? This is the solution to all of my problems. I've got all of my kick ass plugins, and I can use IE to render a page if need be.

They've had something like this for awhile. I think the older version was called 'ie view'.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:49:56 PM EDT

now THIS i can use!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:52:27 PM EDT
I thought only AOL subscribers used IE browsers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:53:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NimmerMehr:

Oh, save it. I've been doing this a long time. I already use and love Firefox. I don't want this to turn into a M$ vs everybody else thread. I just want to discuss browsers based on IE.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:56:05 PM EDT
that's really helpful. a lot a of web interfaces i use at work for admin purposes will only show up right in IE (thanks 3com and cisco!!!).
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheStig:
that's really helpful. a lot a of web interfaces i use at work for admin purposes will only show up right in IE (thanks 3com and cisco!!!).

CCM, Unity and IPCCx administration come to mind immediately.
Top Top