Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 7:55:41 PM EDT
OK. I want a different stock for my Posty AR.

Not an A1 or A2 and not a M4gery style or the RRA tac shorty.

Are there any others?

Links, please....

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How about just the Buffer tube. :-)

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:How about just the Buffer tube. :-)

-Jared
View Quote

Took your advice, just tried that.  Didn't work very well.  I do now have a nice cross-section of my shoulder though.

Please help me find a stock.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple places ( like Federal Arms ) sell a walnut stock, sorry no link, and I believe they have a skeletonized one as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Check with Kurt at Kurt's Kustom (I think it's in the Manufacturer's Forum section).

My imperfect memory recalls that he has fabricated a "skeletonized" stock that looks like a Sten stock.  

But, then again, I may be wrong. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]
You want unique, try this...

Get a stock and buffer assembly from an M231 Port Firing Weapon.  The buffer looks normal, but has an attachment for a retractable wire stock, similar to that on a M3/M3A1 greasegun.  Because its postban, you'd just have to weld the stock in the 'out' position.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen somewhere a buffer tube with a shoulder pad attached and a cheek riser attached somehow.  Can't remember where though.  May have been some .50cal site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Try DPMS. They sell all of the above. They have the spacegun thumbhole stock, walnut stocks, a skelotonized stock and the wire collapsable. They also have a 3 position adjustable "sniper" stock too I think. Definately the best source for stocks IMO. This page has most of those, I think the "sniper" stock is on the next page.
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1266&OBS=60&Move=Next&Pcount=83&CurrentPage=6[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top