Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 6:31:20 PM EDT
First, I just want to let the moderators and everyone else here that I will obey and respect the usage policy here and keep this clean.

Many people, including myself who post in these forums or any other discussion forum on the web tend to cover up, alter or respell 4-letter words or "obscene language". For example for the [b]F[/b] word, people will type [b]F**k[/b] or [b]F*@K[/b] or use a similar spelled word like [b]FRICK[/b].
Now we all know what the true word that the person wanted to use, but due to usage policies on web sites, they alter the 4-letter words. When these obscene words are altered, then they are deemed "okay".
My thought is if since everyone knows that and reads [b]F**K[/b] as if the ** were replaced with [b]UC[/b] then why do we bother hiding the true word. Even a kid, which is the reason why we alter 4-letter words, knows what 4-letter word the person writing a post really wanted to use. Who really thinks that when a kid reads [b]FRICKING[/b], he doesn't really know that the word is supposed to be the real obscene F word?
And that brings up another thing about obscene words. These 4-letter words are so oftened used in society today and have a variety of meanings that aren't obscene in the first place. Why are these words still considered obscene after a century of being used.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!..............How`s that?............[:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Pre-Ban and Post-Ban words, Hmmmm, Political correctness is at work yet again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because it shows that we are trying to be civil, and trying to play by the rules set forth.
If that's not possible for some, they will be set back a grade, until they learn good manners and can be let out in public.
View Quote
                                            FUCK THE PUBLIC.........I`LL KILL EM` ALL!.........[:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Because some people are to fucking sensitive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because it shows that we are trying to be civil, and trying to play by the rules set forth.
If that's not possible for some, they will be set back a grade, until they learn good manners and can be let out in public.
View Quote

What is considered "civil" when we use altered 4-lettered words that represent the true 4-letter words? Who deems a certain word "uncivil"? For example: [b]"I had a f**king great time at the rock concert"[/b] only means that I had a [b]exceptionally[/b] great time and the F word is used to emphasize my feelings. Is this obscene?? Hardly.
I am not offended by any word or arrangement of words of the alphabet?
I'm offended by some person or group of people telling me what words I should use or not.
That's truly offending.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
A quote from Carlin...

"There are no such thing as dirty words... Just dirty thoughts."

I was brought up differently from the masses. I was allow to use the "dirty" words as soon as I learned them (mainly from my father), started around age 6.

The only thing was that mother sat down and explained all the dirty words, even got out the dictionary (finding a dictionary in the 70's with the words was a pain) and made me look up the definitions. The rule was that I could use them as long as I didn't direct the words at a person. Inanimate objects, or myself was allowed, but to throw them at a person was forbiden. The idea was that the words are valid words in the english language, and that they could be used.

One thing that still sticks in my memory, was the psychology book she brought out that explained what happens when someone uses the "dirty" words. If you notice, the words are mainly single syllables, that require the lower diaphragm to use. The book explained that being single syllables, and lower diaphragm, they relieve stress. The book also explained that the same thing is done in other languages. I thought that was cool.

But I do understand that certain people in society do not like those words, so by being an understanding person, I [i]try[/i] to keep the usage to a minimum (doesn't always work).
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because some people are to fucking sensitive.
View Quote
                                              It`s too......not to..........as in SOME FUCKING PEOPLE ARE TOO FUCKING SENSITIVE.............got it?......[:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We try to act a little more polite by changing a few letters in the fvcking sh1t we post??

hanko
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
What the fuck?

Fuck this fucking shit.[BD]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually some MB software edits all the unclean words and renders them harmless by inserting asterisks in the place of the offending letters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#13]
play nice kids. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmmm. In my first post I mentioned that I will keep this post clean and I "cleaned" my 4-letter words. But since every one posted 4-letter words here anyways.....
JUST FUCKING FORGET ABOUT IT!!! [;D]

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself.[:O]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. In my first post I mentioned that I will keep this post clean and I "cleaned" my 4-letter words. But since every one posted 4-letter words here anyways.....
JUST FUCKING FORGET ABOUT IT!!! [;D]

View Quote

abso-fucking-lutely
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]
black guns, I'm not a FUCKING idiot, obviously I just didn't FUCKING hit the "o" button twice.

Man, your too FUCKING sensitive when it comes to this grammar SHIT.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Vulgarity is the eloquence of the ill-schooled and weak-minded.
View Quote

fuck yeah it is!
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Vulgarity is the eloquence of the ill-schooled and weak-minded.
View Quote
                                             Speaking for yourself, that is.......[:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
black guns, I'm not a FUCKING idiot, obviously I just didn't FUCKING hit the "o" button twice.

Man, your too FUCKING sensitive when it comes to this grammar SHIT.

View Quote
                                              Hey.....nobody said you were a fucking idiot.....O K?.....MAN.....I`m FUCKING sorry OK?........[:)]......(God, aren`t we ignorant, ill schooled and weak minded)......[:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A quote from Carlin...

"There are no such thing as dirty words... Just dirty thoughts."

I was brought up differently from the masses. I was allow to use the "dirty" words as soon as I learned them (mainly from my father), started around age 6.

The only thing was that mother sat down and explained all the dirty words, even got out the dictionary (finding a dictionary in the 70's with the words was a pain) and made me look up the definitions. The rule was that I could use them as long as I didn't direct the words at a person. Inanimate objects, or myself was allowed, but to throw them at a person was forbiden. The idea was that the words are valid words in the english language, and that they could be used.

One thing that still sticks in my memory, was the psychology book she brought out that explained what happens when someone uses the "dirty" words. If you notice, the words are mainly single syllables, that require the lower diaphragm to use. The book explained that being single syllables, and lower diaphragm, they relieve stress. The book also explained that the same thing is done in other languages. I thought that was cool.

But I do understand that certain people in society do not like those words, so by being an understanding person, I [i]try[/i] to keep the usage to a minimum (doesn't always work).
View Quote

Um, no flame, but do you have a sister named "Dharma"?  [:D]
View Quote

Shit.... fucking funny! Nope, but wouldn't mind fucking Dharma. One hot bitch!

Oops... see!!! I do slip from time to time! Damn! Shit, piss, fuck, .... (seven dirty words you can't say on TV).
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
All Righty, now, who knows what "F.U.C.K." originated from? Come on, you legal scholars, it should be obvious, even if you don't fucking know for sure....
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#27]
*** sitting here reading replies to my post. I have come to the conclusion that I have created a post that created vulgar and monsterous members of AR15.com ....mission complete [}:D]***
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All Righty, now, who knows what "F.U.C.K." originated from? Come on, you legal scholars, it should be obvious, even if you don't fucking know for sure....
View Quote

For
Unlawful
Carnal
Knowledge
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
It`s because you are FUCKING IMMATURE..........that`s why......[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top