Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 6:50:51 PM EDT
I have one of their dickmod 10.5" 5.56 uppers on a pistol.  Just recently got a flashcan and, of course the hand guard/OAL ratio looks silly now.   I'm wanting to just do a direct replacement, like take out the Allen bolts, pull off, and reverse process with the new one, but can't get an answer as to the brand or model of hand guard currently on the pistol.

Help me Obi Hive Kenobi!

I'm looking for something between 11" and 13".  (phrasing)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too, I even placed an ad in the EE, looking for people to trade me rails/handguards. I needed a shorter one, so I just ended up chopping mine down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me too, I even placed an ad in the EE, looking for people to trade me rails/handguards. I needed a shorter one, so I just ended up chopping mine down.
View Quote
I need something longer.

My wife said that too.  I'm hoping she's talking about hand guards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
somebody knows something!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the PSA rails are only made for PSA, never seen them anywhere else.

Link to upper that you have? Probably easier to just replace the rail with a a different one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
A pic might help identify it.

I think some of their uppers are built with "on hand" stock so, may not all have the same parts. I could be wrong...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link to upper that you have? Probably easier to just replace the rail with a a different one.
View Quote
This one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love to replace my heavy-ass quad rail with a lightweight m-lok or something. But no idea how to do that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they've been using Midwest Industries rails recently.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Pull the existing rail.  Carefully measure the diameter of the barrel nut.  See how that compares to the standard B.A.R barrel nut that many vendors use.  It may be the standard some others are using. At least you'd know what size to look for in an "other" rail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Somebody here once referred to PSA as the TJ Maxx of the firearms world. They build stuff with what they can source cheaply. Nothing wrong with that, and I own a bunch of PSA gear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
The 3 uppers I've got this year were Midwest ones.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA must be getting some bangin deals on those rails, cause MWI wants almost what I paid for my upper for one that is a decent length.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered the same upper. Which hasn't even shipped yet

I also was looking at replacing the rail. Do you know how much barrel length from the receiver to the buzzle device?

I was looking a 10" but wasn't sure if there is enough barrel to be able to attach a can.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of their dickmod rails are made by a group called REM Machine. I don't know if they sell direct or just make them for PSA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd love to replace my heavy-ass quad rail with a lightweight m-lok or something. But no idea how to do that.
View Quote
All you need is a vise, clamshell or some such gizmo to hold the upper in said vise, and an armorer's wrench. It's easy as hell.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
We have these crazy things, right here on this very website, called "technical forums" that hold all the knowledge you could ever want.  You should venture over there some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top