Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 6:46:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the rest of the state is not this "bass ackwards".  In fact, your state, Texas, considers Georgia permits to carry "too easy" to get and does not offer reciprocity because of this.  Who is "bass ackwards"?  Your state does not think our requirements are "strict enough", so why are you ragging on Georgia?  It is easier for law abiding citizens here to obtain a carry license than it is for yours.  You picked the wrong state to pick on, bub.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Alpharetta is a northern suburb of Atlanta.

what you're seeing here is the result of spoiled delinquent teens [with paintball and air rifles] and the wealthy parents who can't control them.

it's been on the news this past week here in ATL.  the vandalism is concentrated in a certain wealthy subdivision area in that suburb.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
In the wonderful town of Alpharetta, GA if you are 75 and wanting a glass of wine with dinner the dining establishment is required to card you to be sure you are not a minor.  Well what can you say about a bunch of people ( the city council) who are so badly in need of a john deere and a log chain.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, the rest of the state is not this "bass ackwards".  In fact, your state, Texas, considers Georgia permits to carry "too easy" to get and does not offer reciprocity because of this.  Who is "bass ackwards"?  Your state does not think our requirements are "strict enough", so why are you ragging on Georgia?  It is easier for law abiding citizens here to obtain a carry license than it is for yours.  You picked the wrong state to pick on, bub.
View Quote

If you note, I never accused the whole state of being bass-ackwards.  I merely asked if it was, and said nothing accusatory.  The link to the story is about two locales in Georgia.  No one has started "picking" or "ragging" on your state, only a couple of locales in it.  Geez, have a Coke and a smile, and STFU.

-Gloftoe
View Quote
Yes, your tone was accusatory.  You shut the fuck up (STFU).  I notice you don't address the fact that it is easier to get a carry license here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't mess with Texas!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't mess with Texas!
View Quote
If I chose to mess with Texas, big deal, but that is not who I am messing with.  It is still a fact that it is easier for a law abiding citizen to get a license here than it is there.  If that is "messing with Texas", so be it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a valid point here worth discussing but can you guys find away to do it without getting into a pissing match?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I deal with a vendor in alpharetta on on a regular basis. She's a Thermocoax gal. Nice lady and pro gun!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top