Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:38:00 PM EDT

Boy have I had a wonderful day. One thing after another. Enough to piss a guy off in a bad way.

Had a movie I needed to take back, so I thought I would rent "The great raid" if they had it.

As I was walking back to see if they had any. This "jerk" was walking towards me in the center of the isle. Younger guy with a bunch of liberal buttons on his cordroy jacket from the 1970's. Well, I was walking on the far right of the isle way as I always do and he decides he's going to play chicken with me. So he is blocking my way through. There was no way I was going to miss running into him, unless I stopped and turn sideways. And I think he wanted to see if he could make me stop. Well, that idea didn't last long, I put my shoulder into him and just kept walking. I was so freakin mad, I wanted to scream at him. What the ??? What is WRONG with people today? I think he got the message as he was knocked over a couple of feet. I'm not very tall, but I'm solid and you are not going to move me very easily. He and his "stinky" girl got out of the video store asap.

I got home and told my wife, next time some dick acts like this, they are going to go flying into the video rack and then on the floor. Just my emotional reaction. BUT MAN! What is wrong with people??? You go through your whole life trying to be polite when in public and people still act like this. It takes a lot to really set me off, but after the day I've had, this dick pushed his luck too far.

I know, I know...I should have drawn down on him. I think I would have seen a stinky lib crap his pants if I had done that. Plus ended up in jail.

Why do people have to be such assholes all the time? Merry Christmas, huh?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
People are pack animals.  That young one was just trying to assert his place and establish his right to mate the stinky.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
People are pack animals.  That young one was just trying to assert his place and establish his right to mate the slinky.

So you are saying, I could have taken her from him?

That boy better get up a lot earlier and eat a lot of Wheaties before he think he can knock me around. Ain't going to happen very easily. I get really sick of this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The voices in my heard tell me to do things like that all the time, or maybe its just my PTSD acting up. I had 5 young men try that crap with me once about 15years ago, tried to force me off the sidewalk. Went for the middle and elbowed my way threw. They threatened to kick my Azz, until they noticed the PT-99AF Taurus I was packing on my hip, then they were all nicey nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Boy have I had a wonderful day. One thing after another. Enough to piss a guy off in a bad way.

Had a movie I needed to take back, so I thought I would rent "The great raid" if they had it.

As I was walking back to see if they had any. This "jerk" was walking towards me in the center of the isle. Younger guy with a bunch of liberal buttons on his cordroy jacket from the 1970's. Well, I was walking on the far right of the isle way as I always do and he decides he's going to play chicken with me. So he is blocking my way through. There was no way I was going to miss running into him, unless I stopped and turn sideways. And I think he wanted to see if he could make me stop. Well, that idea didn't last long, I put my shoulder into him and just kept walking. I was so freakin mad, I wanted to scream at him. What the ??? What is WRONG with people today? I think he got the message as he was knocked over a couple of feet. I'm not very tall, but I'm solid and you are not going to move me very easily. He and his "stinky" girl got out of the video store asap.

I got home and told my wife, next time some dick acts like this, they are going to go flying into the video rack and then on the floor. Just my emotional reaction. BUT MAN! What is wrong with people??? You go through your whole life trying to be polite when in public and people still act like this. It takes a lot to really set me off, but after the day I've had, this dick pushed his luck too far.

I know, I know...I should have drawn down on him. I think I would have seen a stinky lib crap his pants if I had done that. Plus ended up in jail.

You over reacted and crossed the line. You took your bad day out on him. You would almost certainly have to be under 25 to do something like that. Very Juvenile, Grow up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
MAN!

That guy was out of line!

I'd say draw down is a minimum reaction for that sort of incident!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You over reacted and crossed the line. You took your bad day out on him. You would almost certainly have to be under 25 to do something like that. Very Juvenile, Grow up.

Looks like FatCobra thinks he can get me all worked up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Looks like FatCobra thinks he can get me all worked up.

You should elbow him in the face!  Just to show him he can't get you pissed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have just stopped, making myself as wide as possible.  Make him run into me or slide past if he wants to play chicken.  Remember kids, look at a movie and try to be as innocent as possible when the asshat in question broadsides you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
A good number of people do this on the sidewalk in big cities.  One day I decided if they move into my path and they don't make room, then I won't either.   I'm not at all afraid of making contact.

Interestingly enough, many or most of these offending people will move when they discover you're not playing their game.  If you're not making contact, you're in a nicer city than me.

Another peeve are the women with big-ass bags who mindlessly walk as if it wasn't sticking out and almost doubling their width.  With some of them, that's saying a lot, too.

Quoted:

The other thing I've learned with age is to not give a crap what people like you think.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
A long time ago I was taught the halfway rule.  If you are walking directly at them move halfway out of the path.  It is thier responsibility to move the other have.  If they don't slam into them.  Seems to work pretty well.  Most people move.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
So, I was in Paris in 2004.  I was working in europe and flew my daughter there for graduation.  We were walking past a hotel and some frigging frog bellman about 50 looks me up and down, mumbles something to his co-workers and steps in front of me with his arms crossed, he was now blocking the sidewalk.  

I thought about stepping into the street for about three seconds, then I put my shoulder to him and sat him on his fucking frog ass on the sidewalk and kept walking.  I'm 6'3" and about 250, I don't  look that friendly on a good day.  I'll give ground and say excuse me or ablige someone who excuses themself and get the hell out of the way.  But, if we are going to have to have a contest to see who is the right to walk down the sidewalk or an aisle I am not going to grovel or cower to some punk or frog.

You simply helped a moron understand how polite society works. Why be mad? You did a public service, smile and enjoy the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]
The secret to owning the aisle is to not look at the other person, but to focus way beyond them, as if you're looking exactly to where you want to walk. They will subconsciously perceive that you don't notice them and react by moving to avoid being run over. Try it sometime.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
How hard is it to keep to the right when traveling on a street or hallway? I am amazed at the number of shitheads who appear to categorize that effort with space travel in terms of difficulty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yea becuase you know that when you make shoulder contact walking by somebody in a store is "Crossing the Line"..... It wasnt like Lippo beat the crap out of the guy, give it a rest
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]
i haven't seen this in a while.  it used to happen quite a bit when i was in highschool, and i had no problem with making physical contact.  some people liked to get an a group of 4 or 5 and walk side by side down a hallway forcing people to move out of their way.  everytime i saw this, i'd go right for the middle of the group.

anyways, i've never seen anyone try to do this out in public or at work.  almost everyone down here is fairly polite.  i hear a lot of "excuse me's" and "sorry's".  i say my share of them as well.  maybe it's just a northern thing?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Whenever people do this to me I just say "excuse me" while I walk into them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#18]
The liberal buttons should be your first clue as to his mindset. he's an IDIOT!

It is aggravating when you make the effort to move and they don't. I will then square-up and take up as much room as they are.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I think we should make an official ARFCOM rule that we will whenever and whereever we come across this kind of idiot  alpha male shit we will make every effort to check the fuck out of these idiots.  Dont just give half the way take up all the way on them and stare them right in the eye when you check them onto their azz's.  IMHO
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People are pack animals.  That young one was just trying to assert his place and establish his right to mate the slinky.

So you are saying, I could have taken her from him?

Yes.  By all rights, she should now be your property.  Even "stinky" girls have some value!  You could always scrub her down and put some fresh clothes on her.  Who knows what she might bring on the open market...  I suggest a domestic sale, though.  When you start shipping them internationally, there is alot more paperwork involved, shots, medical records, stuff like that.

I say go back and get her!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#21]
It's because a lot of people have no consideration for anyone else. I always stay to the right, yet a ton of a-holes in the building where I work can't seem to grasp that concept. It's just about being considerate and not hogging the entire aisle or hallway, but like I said a lot of people are just jerks who just don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

Oh yeah, a draw-down would have been acceptable in your situation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I  have  also  noticed this whole thing.  I almost got in a fight once cause a guy and his fat girl wanted to walk side by side down an isle.  Well I was on the girls side and decided not to throw a shoulder at her, so I just stood there.  She didn't turn at all and ran into me, almost fell down.  then the guy gets pissed like I  just punched her.  Then I proceeded to try to get him to hit me, but he wouldn't.

Childish maybe,  but I totally agree with lippo.  I hate people have that little care towards others, then I just assume knock them out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been known to stick the ol' shoulder to them when they try this with me.
BUT after I do it I really grossly apologise, brush them off and ask them if they're "ok" looking them square in the eye the whole time.
It's actually pretty funny.
And no, I do not go looking for people to do this to but if you're a c***-strong punk playin' chicken with me you can expect a stiff shoulder or elbow.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Arizona has a law that requires people to walk on the right hand side of crosswalks.

"ARS 28-795. Pedestrians to use right half of crosswalk

Pedestrians shall move expeditiously, when practicable, on the right half of crosswalks. "

Until I read this post I thought it was a BS law.  I guess it's not.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#25]
It all starts to fit into place when you consider that nowdays you wake up in the twilight zone each day.<G>

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#26]
You must have really messed FatCobras corduaroy jacket up ,hes probably still looking for his missing lib buttons.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
People are pack animals.  That young one was just trying to assert his place and establish his right to mate the stinky.

Yeah, you should've peed on her to establish your territory.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"Mate the stinky"  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#29]
You see the same thing in stores these days with shopping carts.  They shop like they drive, right down the middle of the aisle with no consideration for anyone but themselves.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Be careful about this situation on the street.  I was midtown one evenong while working in Manhatten, I had just finished dinner at Houlihan's and was walking back to the hotel.  This guy coming towards me seemed to almost refocus his direction to ensure we were going to bump shoulders.  Inevitably, we did, and what I thought were his keys went flying.  Well, I said "excuse me" and kept going.  This shitstain yells back to me to "STOP!".  He proceeded to tell me that I had knocked his glasses out of his hands and then produced a pair of cracked glasses.  He then demanded I give him $100 for repairs as he couldn't see without them.

It took me a second to realize it was a scam.  I then said "Well, you saw me good enough without them on to try to pull your scam on me"  and just kept walking.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#31]
"Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards... Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain." Sun Tzu

Be the water and flow around the problem. Avoid confrontation whenever possible because there will come a time when you cannot. You only get so many chances. Don't use them up on stupid punks asserting themselves in a video store.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I was gonna rent a movie today, but 9 out of the 10 voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my guns
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#33]
What is worse is when three or four people will walk down the side walk shulder to shoulder, forcing everyone off the sidewalk to walk around them. I have taken to aiming for the middle of the pack.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know, I will not move out of the way to let others pass like they are royalty.  I will split the difference and meet them half way, but that is all.  And if they think I should hug the wall while they walk two wide down the aisle, I will walk straight ahead, and often they get a shoulder.  Sorry, it's not a maturity thing, it's a lack of respect by them.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I think we should make an official ARFCOM rule that we will whenever and whereever we come across this kind of idiot  alpha male shit we will make every effort to check the fuck out of these idiots.  Dont just give half the way take up all the way on them and stare them right in the eye when you check them onto their azz's.  IMHO

lol, we're slowly turning into Fight Club...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#37]
He's gonna file a battery complaint against you. Add to that, some civil litigation for IIED due to the embarassement he felt when you attacked him in front of "stinky". Damn... you're gonna be paying through the nose for years to come!!!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#38]
"SHOW HIM YOUR WAR FACE!!!!"

Train at a boxing gym, the last thing you'll want is a confrontation.  Not saying you were looking for it, but it's a good outlet for stress and is good for fitness.  

Plus, you get ugly.  Guys with liberal buttons in video stores move out of the way of the guy with the crooked nose and funny ears.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I was walking downtown Cleveland one time durring the work day.  A couple of local utes was walking down the middle of the sidewalk making everyone walk around splitting the croud.  Well I just centered up and split them.

Lots of this out at the mall when I was Christmas shopping.  I do the same, the reaction is priceless LOL.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#40]
About four Christmases ago I was walking through the local mall buying gifts.  I watched some kids I guessed to be about sixteen or seventeen years old coming my way and moving rudely through the crowd.  I identified their “alpha” when he almost knocked a seventy-year-old man to the ground.  I moved to intercept the alpha, lined him up, looked him in the eye and “clotheslined” him.  He went down flat on his back and I paused, acted surprised as I looked down beside me and said in a very loud voice, “Oh, excuse me.”  The kid looked really scared like he wanted to cry.  I then went to check on the older gentleman to make sure he was OK.  I actually had people come up and thank me for my actions.  I don’t feel good about putting a kid to the ground but I won’t stand aside and tolerate bad behavior.  I hope to god someone will do the same for me when I’m too old to do something about it myself.      
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I think it has to do with the way you carry yourself. I dont have this problem, and Im not a big guy. 5'10 and 160. You Might be one of those guys that when you talk to people you dont make eye contact, or when you shake hands.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I gave someone a mean look once. Sort of like this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Lots of this same problem here in Houston.  It must be a cultural thing because it's constant thing with the Hispanics arond here.  They take up the entire isle even though they absolutely see you coming.

I walk right up to them, they look, and continue standing there just ignoring that I exist.  Funny but when I announce in an audible voice, "EXCUSE ME" - they look at me like I'm Satan - Like ***I*** am the one being inconsiderate.

I have now adapted to the "stare ahead and plow through" method (I'm 6'2", 190 lbs).   Works for me but they sure don't like it....

The level of inconsideration still amazes me.  

CMOS

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

That is funny !!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That's what you get for walking on the far right of the aisle.....lean more left next time and his gilfriend would've been blowin ya.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The secret to owning the aisle is to not look at the other person, but to focus way beyond them, as if you're looking exactly to where you want to walk. They will subconsciously perceive that you don't notice them and react by moving to avoid being run over. Try it sometime.

+1.  This really works.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Good for You!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#48]
So, I was at the video store the other day looking for a movie.  This guy comes walking down the isle and he looked really pissed.  I went to the right, but he was already going to the right so I went to the left but then he was going to the left.  I sort of stood there like a deer in headlights, because this dude looked pretty scary and I figured I would just stand there and let him go around me.  So, when he goes by he RAMS me with his shoulder!!! That fricken hurt!! Man, people these days!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I think it has to do with the way you carry yourself. I dont have this problem, and Im not a big guy. 5'10 and 160. You Might be one of those guys that when you talk to people you dont make eye contact, or when you shake hands.

+1.

This is about attitude.  People can read me, they sit next to me on the plane, I nod politely and they read "Do not talk to me on this flight."

People check their "victims" prior to pulling rude crap like not moving.   I'm pretty big, but I think it's my look that waves them off.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top