Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2005 9:59:47 PM EDT
WHile on her way to pick up one of our young horses, my mother was struck head on by a drunk driver. I wont go into details but will say there was a total of 5 vehicles involved and everyone walked away from it except that motherfucking drunk! he was airlifted to the hospitol and unfortunatly, I think he will live. One good thing is that its usually the drunk that walks away.

Some of you may remember that I lost my father to a bad liver two months ago yesterday and getting this call was gut wrenching. I am posting this here for a couple reasons. First to further condem drunk driving and beg anyone that may read this and even think about driving after a few drinks, not to. Second to remind you all to call you moms and tell them just how important they are too you. You just never know when you wont have that chance anymore.

Here is a crappy capture from a video I shot of the scene that shows just how lucky she is. If there is any doubt out there that miricles happen let me tell you they do. My mother gave me a sticker for the back of my work truck that is a picture of a cowboy kneeling beside his horse. It reads "God answers knee-mail". Make no mistake people, I believe those words to be true. Her truck bears the same one.
Again call you mom, she needs to hear from you!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Really, really sorry about that, man.

I don't pray, but I respect your religion.....

That really, really sucks.

I had a somwhat similar thing happen, and, I dont' drink outside my house.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have to say I have never been a very public person when it comes to my beliefs as they are mine. I have also not been the most faith driven guy either as I tend to be a bit more rough then the average christian. But there are times when I think we get reminders. I think this was one of those times.
CH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There but for the grace of God go I. I think that phrase applies here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
holyshit, I'm glad your mom is ok
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Me too.
My mom said that at least 5 times state troopers and EMTs approached her truck and boarderline paniced asking "WHO WAS IN THIS TRUCK" looking around like they had bee thrown. My mom simply said "me". WHich was followed by several double takes to the truck then her, then back to the truck.

CH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
You should stop by the hospital where he is at and personally welcome the drunk to his new life changing experience.

"Hi, Im your new fucking Albatross. I own you bitch!"

I fucking HATE drunk drivers can you tell????

Now as far as you mom goes I wish her and your family only the best and NO problems at all... I only hope great health for her in this ordeal.

BTW... sorry to hear about your dad.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I am very happy to hear your mom is okay.

My mom was hit head on by a drunk fire fighter about 14 years ago.  This dumb drunk f*ck drove head on into my mom (she had even pulled over to the right side of the road when she saw this dick cross the line).  Luckily she decided to drive the family's big Crown Victoria that night, and not the Buick (probably saved my mom's life).  Drunk drivers need to cut the shit before they kill someone else (f*ck the drunk driver, probably needs to be killed anyway, POS scum that they are).

I hope they nail the guy that hit your mom, the guy that hit my mom basically walked away w/o much legal repercussion.  Be there for your mom, drive her around a bit if she needs assistance.  

Hope all turns out well-- VT

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]
 Damn that was a hard hit
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, very, very lucky. God speed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You should stop by the hospital where he is at and personally welcome the drunk to his new life changing experience.

Now as far as you mom goes I wish her and your family only the best and NO problems at all... I only hope great health for her in this ordeal.

Yup.  I'd sue that assclown into the dirt.  My mission in  life would be to break him.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  I'd sue that assclown into the dirt.  My mission in  life would be to break him.  

Oh I assure you we will make sure he pays.

My mom said it best "Had that bastard not been bleeding already, I'd have made him! Ohhh and if one of my grandbabies were in the truck you would have been visiting me in jail!"
CH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...

I guess that wasn't good enough?  I should lie?  I'm trying to express a sentiment and, I don't do the "Pray" thing.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
My father was killed by a drunk driver when I was sixteen.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'll not go into the details.  I'll just say that this event was a turning point in my life.

I'm 43 years old now.  Older than my father lived to be.  I still miss him.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#16]

head on by a drunk driver

Are you sure the guy was drunk or was this just what the cops assumed?  The guy could have just been an idiot rather than drunk  Usually they'll assume that based upon the time of day or location.  I have several employees that drive late nights to restaurants/bars to pick-up deposits, and after they've been involved in accidents (which happen way too often), I've picked-up several of them from jail.  The cops assumed that since it's after midnight and near somewhere that serves alcohol that the person responsible for the accident was drunk.  It's also happened to me a couple of times when I've been stopped in roadblocks.  The cops just assume.z
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Are you sure the guy was drunk or was this just what the cops assumed?  The guy could have just been an idiot rather than drunk  Usually they'll assume that based upon the time of day or location.  I have several employees that drive late nights to restaurants/bars to pick-up deposits, and after they've been involved in accidents (which happen way too often), I've picked-up several of them from jail.  The cops assumed that since it's after midnight and near somewhere that serves alcohol that the person responsible for the accident was drunk.  It's also happened to me a couple of times when I've been stopped in roadblocks.  The cops just assume.z

He was drunk and it was about 4pm this afternoon not after midnight.
CH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Golly!  

How do you think my Miata would have looked after that?  No open casket for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Man talk about lucky.

That was nothing but a bad news situation and you got mostly good news.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My father was killed by a drunk driver when I was sixteen....................................................................

I'll not go into the details.  I'll just say that this event was a turning point in my life.

I'm 43 years old now.  Older than my father lived to be.  I still miss him.

Its unnatural for a father to pass before his son...sorry to hear that
I cant image what it would be like without my dad....much less if he died when i was 16.

Cape_hunter, prayers sent via "knee-mail"  hope ya'll are doing well.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad to hear your mom is ok, and glad to hear it was the drunk that got the most fu**ed up.

Down the street from my house a car full of kids were huffing duster gas going down Arden Way about 60+ miles an hour and slammed into a new beatification sign on the corner of Arden and Fulton. It cut their car in half down the middle. All but 1 died. Parents still don't beleive thier kids could do such a thing.

Hang the drunk driver in the town square, along with the murderers, rapists, child molesters, and traitors.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#23]
The drunk POS that hit me last Tuesday (drunk at 2:10 p.m. the little faggot) is the FOURTH muther-humping drunk cocksucker to hit me in the 23 years I've been on the road. Praise God, none of these turd-burglers managed to do anything but the slightest damage to my car, and no injuries.

I'm happy that your Mom's OK, and I hope the drunk POS gets to spend a lot of time in traction, then in jail.

Asshats!

Oh, BTW, this shitheel ran from me - AFTER giving me his insurance card. He claimed that he went home and had a "couple of drinks because he was stressed out." The cops told me he's a three-time loser for DUI.

Hope the next time, he doesn't kill somebody's mom.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...

Oh..Yeah...Ha ha...Really funny. Nice time to be a real dickhead.  I'm sorry I repeated myself.  I was typing how I talk.  

Tell you what, smartguy....F' Off.  Thanks for shitting on my sentiments.

Sorry I'm not a cool-aid drinker, but, that's just me.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad to hear your Mom is OK. I hate DDs. I take great pride in haulin there asses into Jail.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#26]
God Bless you and your family.....hope all is well.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Just wtf would you be talking about?  Since you're sharing, I mean --

Did you cross over the line and bulleye the monitor with your keyboard?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Here is a crappy capture from a video I shot of the scene that shows just how lucky she is. If there is any doubt out there that miricles happen let me tell you they do.

When you're done praying, write a thank you letter to the ENGINEERING team that designed that truck.

You'll notice that the passenger compartment is completely intact.

People are always giving jesus the credit for an engineer's work.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to say I have never been a very public person when it comes to my beliefs as they are mine. I have also not been the most faith driven guy either as I tend to be a bit more rough then the average christian. But there are times when I think we get reminders. I think this was one of those times.
CH

I went through a similar accident some years back. Totalled my brand new car. Lots of people told me that God must be watching over me.  

I have a question about that. If God was really watching over me, then why didn't he show up two minutes earlier?

Glad your Mom is OK, but I wouldn't attribute it to God. It seems more logical to thank him for the day before when she didn't get in any accident at all.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I went through a similar accident some years back. Totalled my brand new car. Lots of people told me that God must be watching over me.  

I have a question about that. If God was really watching over me, then why didn't he show up two minutes earlier?

You'll have to ask Him in person.  None of us can know or understand His plans.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll have to ask Him in person.  None of us can know or understand His plans.

But you have faith that when you get in a major car wreck, total your car, and screw up your back for years to come that he was watching over you, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Here is a crappy capture from a video I shot of the scene that shows just how lucky she is. If there is any doubt out there that miricles happen let me tell you they do.

When you're done praying, write a thank you letter to the ENGINEERING team that designed that truck.

I'd think it might be a little of both.

(looks like a Chevy?)

Glad your Mom is OK.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Thank God your mother is ok.

If I were the king drunk drivers who caused death would be shot on the spot in public.

My mom, grandmother, two aunts and a 3 month old baby were in a Camry station wagon and were hit head on by a drunk driver head while going to the family Christmas gathering on the 60 freeway in on December 25th.

My grandmother lived in pain from the injuries she suffered from for the next 5 years because of that drunk driving piece of shit.

Two of my good friends were killed by drunk drivers, one when he was a junior in high school coming home from a football game, the other when he was going home after standing the 4-12 PM  watch.

Fuck drunk drivers to death, they all need to die.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

and the folks that make those AIRBAGS.....lemme tell ya....THAT'S a BIG reason  why she was able to walk away from a head on collision

I should know.....I make 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Glad your mom's is a ok!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#38]
This is why I dont wear my faith on my sleeve as so many are quick to judge and say "whatever".
Instead of not saying anything and just passing by some feel the need to take a stab at religion when ever possible, even in a thread like this. If you dont like it, get the fuck out and dont read or comment on it.

And yes, airbags work!
CH
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#39]
A lot of factors kept Mom alive. All of which were needed it appears.

An Angel on her shoulders...An airbag deployment...A large heavy truck...and a little luck...

Good to hear Mom is OK.

This is one of the reasons why I like to put my family in large heavy vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
A lot of factors kept Mom alive. All of which were needed it appears.

An Angel on her shoulders...An airbag deployment...A large heavy truck...and a little luck...

Good to hear Mom is OK.

This is one of the reasons why I like to put my family in large heavy vehicles.

I agree.
THe fact she had that trailer behind her played a large part in this. There was still enough forward momentum after being hit by that van to drive th front of her truck under the rear end of hte RV. I pretty much hammered the van.
CH
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...

I guess that wasn't good enough?  I should lie?  I'm trying to express a sentiment and, I don't do the "Pray" thing.  

I was giving you a sincere complement.  I was impressed in the way you worded your answer.  Not trying to slam you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...

Oh..Yeah...Ha ha...Really funny. Nice time to be a real dickhead.  I'm sorry I repeated myself.  I was typing how I talk.  

Tell you what, smartguy....F' Off.  Thanks for shitting on my sentiments.

Sorry I'm not a cool-aid drinker, but, that's just me.  

And again, sorry that you took my complement's the wrong way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, nice answer.

Hope all will be ok...

Not really cause this thread isn't about him or you now is it?  We have a forum now for your relgious views.

Glad your mom is OK bud!

Tj

Good hell was it really that poor of a complement?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#44]
WOW, glad she's OK. Scary stuff!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Are you sure the guy was drunk or was this just what the cops assumed?  

I assume guys are drunk all the time.  Based on nothing more than their observed (piss poor)driving,  Bloodshot watery eyes, odor of an alcoholic beverage on their breath, involuntary and sustained  jerking of the eyes, inability to multitask and distorted time estimation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm glad to hear your mom is Ok

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Lost my Grandfather-in-law to a drunk driver.  Hate those mother*******s.     I got ran off the road by a drunk about three years ago.  I won't say what happened but I will say that if they ever tied me to what happened to him,  I'd probably be in prison for a loooong time.  

He survived but I'm sure he still remembers the aftermath.

Glad your mom survived man.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]
CH I'm so glad your Mom will be all right.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#50]
F*ck me sideways, C_H.. where did that happen?

My mom is in town this weekend, too.. I think I'll give her an extra hug.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top