Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 8:31:52 PM EDT
I was on the highway driving to my brothers house.  It was about 2:30ish on I-95 North near Woodbridge VA.  3 lane highway, heavy traffic but it was moving at 70mph.  I glance up to check my rear view mirror just in time to see a guy on a bike completely hauling ass.  Easily 100mph if not more.  He just blew by me like it was nothing (I had my cruise set at 70) )and disappeared immediately.  He was weaving through cars and lane splitting like crazy.  I barely even saw him in my mirror, so I couldn't help but think if I checked my mirror a half second sooner and changed to the center lane, that guy would have probably been killed as he got to know my rear bumper intimately.

I get a bit annoyed when people do shit like that in heavy traffic.  I get having some fun, but doing it when you are putting other people at risk is just a world class dick move.  I had a bit of a laugh at the idea of him eating shit further up the road when his luck runs out.

Sure enough, maybe 2 miles up the road, traffic slows way down.  I see a black sedan in the left shoulder, rear end is all smashed the fuck in.  Maybe 100 yard before the car is our hero on the bike.  Bike laying on it's side, while he is on the ground leaving up against the concrete barrier.  As traffic crept by people were laying on their horns and yelling all sorts of nice things at him...lol

Hopefully next time he pulls his head out of his ass and chooses a better place to have some fun.  I was shocked that the dude wasn't dead when I saw him.  It looked like we all got lucky and he was the only one hurt.  Traffic was so heavy that it could have caused a chain reaction that led to a huge accident.

Maybe someday I'll get around to finally getting a dash cam  If I had one it would have been tempting to wait for the cops and give them the video of how he was riding before he ate the other car, because fuck that guy.

EDIT - and surprisingly enough, not a sport bike.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw probbaly the same guy doing the same thing on the same stretch of highway a few weeks back.  Couldn't believe it at the time that there wasn't a smashup.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw probbaly the same guy doing the same thing on the same stretch of highway a few weeks back.  Couldn't believe it at the time that there wasn't a smashup.
View Quote
lol nice.  About a year ago I saw a guy doing the same thing on the express lanes one morning.  But he was full on running from a state trooper.  Same style bike as todays hero, so maybe it was the same guy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
He probably was too focused on trying to kick somebody's door while trying to pass.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The part about all the passers by, yelling at him...
I would love to watch his helmet cam video of everyone shaming him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of bike ?  Cruiser ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What kind of bike ?  Cruiser ?
View Quote
Yeah I think so.  I don't know a whole lot about bikes and I didn't get much of a look at it.  But it was definitely more of a cruiser style and not the type with a big front fairing or anything like that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Based on what you saw and reported....hw was doing more than your 70+30...

Glad you didn't clip him. Life lesson for the bike dude.

Happy Sunday my freinds...6 more days until vacation!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a near miss today as well, would have been a nasty head on collision. Bike was doing about 60 in a 35, I was turning left onto my road and the bike comes at me on the my side of the road as he was clipping a curve. If I had not been turning I would have met him in that curve head on. Would have been bad, worse for the biker.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys like that live while my dad was killed on his doing 33 miles per hour..

I hate it and it's not fair..
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got no problem with somebody going all out on an empty highway but when you risk other people's lives you deserve an ass kicking
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Biker Bob, meet Mr. Trailer Hitch.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guys like that live while my dad was killed on his doing 33 miles per hour..

I hate it and it's not fair..
View Quote
Damn, sorry man.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got no problem with somebody going all out on an empty highway but when you risk other people's lives you deserve an ass kicking
View Quote
I agree 100%.  Do that on a deserted backroad or highway.. I really couldn't care less.  But to do it in heavy traffic... fuck that guy.  I can only hope that witnesses hung around to tell the cops how he was going full retard before causing the accident.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I've almost been hurt or killed by the same type of asshole.  Check mirror to change lane...nothing....go to change and WHAMMO bike out of no where doing 110+ mph cutting lanes.

If they only killed/hurt themselves I wouldn't care.  They hurt other people though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I see a lot more people riding stupid these days than ever before.  Sport bikes, cruisers, baggers, choppers, you name it, and all age groups too.  Usually the worst are the trailer trash looking types but even the office execs with the $30 grand + Harley will ride stupid too sometimes.  I put it down to the general lack of riding skills by most bike riders and also the generally increasing trend of aggressive riding/driving performed by so many on the highways today.  And of course alcohol and drug influence.  The number of traffic deaths are increasing alarmingly.  There is also less enforcement of traffic laws going on in urban areas due to so many cutbacks and high crime taking up officer's time.  

Also the millennial cops don't want to bother with traffic enforcement as its too much trouble and doesn't get them the big awards, recognition and high fives like big drug busts, illegal weapon crimes and getting to chase people.  At least that was my experience when I was supervising these types.  The administration had to set "performance standards" to get them to actually do vehicle stops (no citations required though).  It was hard to convince them of all the criminals they could catch doing vehicle stops for the myriad of traffic offenses they did but it fell on deaf ears.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top