Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/18/2005 4:12:30 AM EDT
Here is a little back ground information first. I work for a company who rebuilds power plant generators and often cut large copper bar that have all kinds of insulation around them. One time for demolition of a unit someone came up with the idea of  using a chainsaw that can cut metal and needed to be a bar and not a wheel. We called out industral supplier and then sent us one over night. Well it was quite dangerious so they didn't use it after all that.
My chainsaw went south last year and this one sat on the self for 6 months so i asked if i could buy it from the company, They sold it to me but i needed a wood cutting blade for it. I went to the local hardware store and gave them the side of the bar, they gave me a chain, didn't fit so i tried again thinging they gave me the wrong size and again didn't fit. So i went to a shop that specalizes in chainsaws and equipment along this line. This time i took the saw with me. I told the guy what i needed and that it seemed that no one had the right size chain. He looks at it and says "You can't have this chainsaw" grabs it and puts it behind the counter. I was like what are you doing and he replies you stole this chainsaw then said we was going to call the police. Fuck you I stole that chainsaw I still had the receipt in the truck from my company, so i got it and showed him. He calls the my compnay and asked they faxed the original receipt from our supplier to him. He gave the saw back but he took my name and all kinds of information. The chainsaw is a STIHL 460 R thats only sold to fire and rescue. Well im still with out a useable chainsaw.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
He gave the saw back but he took my name and all kinds of information.

Which begs the question: Why didn't you just call the cops then and there instead of giving him any personal information?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Go back and get your info from the motherfucker.

You should have let him call the po-po and not given him ANY personal info.

Oh yea....

www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS460Rescue.html

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He gave the saw back but he took my name and all kinds of information.

Which begs the question: Why didn't you just call the cops then and there instead of giving him any personal information?

+1 Google.

I would have called the police on his ass for theft.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know there was a chain saw ban?

What a fucking retard.  You should have DRAWN DOWN.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't know there was a chain saw ban?

What a fucking retard.  You should have DRAWN DOWN.

ABSOLUTELY!!

Thats THEFT! Call an ATTORNEY and SUE HIS ASS!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless you were wearing a mask made of shabbily sewn, human skin, I could never imagine a chainsaw raising an eyebrow. This guy must have been a real dickhead.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#7]
What a fvcktard!  Would he have called the cops if you had driven up in a surplused Crown Vic?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Looking at Stihl's website and I can't see any friggin reason why you can't have one of those saws other than the fact that it is probably VERY expensive. I see nothing different at all except a few addons and a damn expensive carbide tipped chain. That guy must really be a classic asshole.

[assmunch chainsaw shop] "You can't have this saw!"

[Shark15] DAMMIT! There goes my dasterdly plan to saw the wing off of a 747 n flight.

Also what in the hell gives him the right to take anything from you. The assmunch doesn't have to sell you a chain but he can't keep the saw.

Make sure you tell everybody you know that this guy is an asshole and don't waste your money dealing with him. That's the advantage we as consumers have. We can spend our money eleswhere.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looking at Stihl's website and I can't see any friggin reason why you can't have one of those saws other than the fact that it is probably VERY expensive. I see nothing different at all except a few addons and a damn expensive carbide tipped chain. That guy must really be a classic asshole.

[assmunch chainsaw shop] "You can't have this saw!"

[Shark15] DAMMIT! There goes my dasterdly plan to saw the wing off of a 747 n flight.

Also what in the hell gives him the right to take anything from you. The assmunch doesn't have to sell you a chain but he can't keep the saw.

Make sure you tell everybody you know that this guy is an asshole and don't waste your money dealing with him. That's the advantage we as consumers have. We can spend our money eleswhere.

No, you call the police and file theft charges. Thats what you do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unless you were wearing a mask made of shabbily sewn, human skin, I could never imagine a chainsaw raising an eyebrow. This guy must have been a real dickhead.

Well, since 9/11, things have changed.  Everyone is a potential terrorist now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
So they have pre-ban chainsaws now? Interesting.

If I was in this situation I'd contact a lawyer and go after the employee and store just for being stupid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to clairify, you weren't almost arrested,  No one even called the police.  You did have to deal with an industrial-sized dickhead though.  Unfortunately, they don't wear signs.  I'll bet he was a volunteer firefighter.  I've seen this exact situation over a fireman's helmet.

Who and where is this shop?  

As for the saw, keep it.  You never know when you need to cut a tractor trailer apart.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I left with the saw thats why I didn't call the police myself. I have a paper trail showing that this saw was legally purchased. What he took was my name and address and the ser.# of the saw. Im shure hes just going to turn it in to see if the saw was really stolen or not.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I left with the saw thats why I didn't call the police myself. I have a paper trail showing that this saw was legally purchased. What he took was my name and address and the ser.# of the saw. Im shure hes just going to turn it in to see if the saw was really stolen or not.

You should have invited him to call the police and settle it right there once and for all. Then tell the police you want to file charges because they shopkeep intended on depriving you of your property.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Go back and get your info from the motherfucker.

You should have let him call the po-po and not given him ANY personal info.

Oh yea....

www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS460Rescue.html

From the top of the page "For fire/rescue service only!"

I think the shop owner got confused by that statement and thought it was illegal to own.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So they have pre-ban chainsaws now? Interesting.

well yeah you know with all them drive-by chainsawings and all. This saw is way to dangerious for a normal civilian to own.

Wonder if i can find someone to engrave the "Restricted military/law enforcment use only" on the side
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#18]
You should have fired it up and taken the front door off.

Or:
Saw off the top of his jeep

Then tell him to have a nice weekend.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:36:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Ban Chainsaws!!!

R.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#20]
i believe my title would say.  "Got in a fight trying to  buy a chainsaw blade"
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You should have invited him to call the police and settle it right there once and for all. Then tell the police you want to file charges because they shopkeep intended on depriving you of your property.

Or better yet done this and then posted his email address here and let arfcom send him many many love letters,  I guess it's still not to late to post the email addy!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You should have fired it up and taken the front door off.

Or:
Saw off the top of his jeep

Then tell him to have a nice weekend.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't need a chainsaw,but given the fact that these aren't for civilian use,I want one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#24]
The shop asshole was doing it for the children.
It would remind me of a range fucktard that would call the cops cause you had LEO mags
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#25]
You should have called the cops - HE STOLE your chainsaw

Besides, how did he know you weren't a fireman?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I don't need a chainsaw,but given the fact that these aren't for civilian use,I want one.

Yeah no shit!!  This is the first time I've actualy wanted a chain saw.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Looking at Stihl's website and I can't see any friggin reason why you can't have one of those saws other than the fact that it is probably VERY expensive. I see nothing different at all except a few addons and a damn expensive carbide tipped chain.

+1  There is no restriction on what size or type of chainsaw you can own.  It might be company policy to not sell to non-FD people and groups, but once the saw becomes your property they can't do crap about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Here is a little back ground information first. I work for a company who rebuilds power plant generators and often cut large copper bar that have all kinds of insulation around them. One time for demolition of a unit someone came up with the idea of  using a chainsaw that can cut metal and needed to be a bar and not a wheel. We called out industral supplier and then sent us one over night. Well it was quite dangerious so they didn't use it after all that.
My chainsaw went south last year and this one sat on the self for 6 months so i asked if i could buy it from the company, They sold it to me but i needed a wood cutting blade for it. I went to the local hardware store and gave them the side of the bar, they gave me a chain, didn't fit so i tried again thinging they gave me the wrong size and again didn't fit. So i went to a shop that specalizes in chainsaws and equipment along this line. This time i took the saw with me. I told the guy what i needed and that it seemed that no one had the right size chain. He looks at it and says "You can't have this chainsaw" grabs it and puts it behind the counter. I was like what are you doing and he replies you stole this chainsaw then said we was going to call the police. Fuck you I stole that chainsaw I still had the receipt in the truck from my company, so i got it and showed him. He calls the my compnay and asked they faxed the original receipt from our supplier to him. He gave the saw back but he took my name and all kinds of information. The chainsaw is a STIHL 460 R thats only sold to fire and rescue. Well im still with out a useable chainsaw.

Don't know what state you are in but I'll give you the contact for Stihl in your area and you can write them and register a formal complaint and request that they resolve the issue. Stihl is a no bullshit company and they pull no punches, it may not gain you much in compensation but I guarantee that dealer won't pull that shit again.

FYI, the 460R is a rescue saw equiped with a carbide tooth chain and a special depth control guard. It's primarily for fire departments and it is used to ventilate roofs. The Carbide chain $$$$$ allows you to cut thru nails and abrasive debris like shingles. Other than that, it's a chainsaw.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#30]
He was the only one trained to handle a "STIHL 4 6 0"

GM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Why not call Stihl directly and get a new chain? I bet they know which one fits.
And if its a carbide chain as the poster above mentions, it should go through wood like a hot knife through butter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
What's next, LE restricted weed whackers?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

+1

i have no use for one, but it looks cool and i want it.   what other reasons do i need?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You handled that far better than I would have.  

I would have stood right there in front of him, calleld the cops, advised them I had just been robbed, and I will retain the suspect until they arrive.  That could have turned real nasty.

Tj

I was thinking the same thing.  I'd have been on the phone to the cops instantly.  I certainly would not have been giving him a damn thing to get it back.  It would come back over that counter right damn now, or I'd file charges.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Thats the attiude that infected me brd.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It's funny cuz it's true, I want one now! How much does one of these EVIL chainsaws cost?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why not call Stihl directly and get a new chain? I bet they know which one fits.
And if its a carbide chain as the poster above mentions, it should go through wood like a hot knife through butter.

Kharn

It cut copper really good so yeah wood would be nothing

Im going to look into changing the bar to a normal size that way i can just go get a chain at some where like a home depo for cheap.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Actually, if he took it from you by force or through intimidation, the offense he has committed is robbery (a felony.)  I would file a complaint.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Im going to look into changing the bar to a normal size that way i can just go get a chain at some where like a home depo for cheap.

Dude, it's a Stihl. You're talking about putting Discount Tire's 4 for $100 tires on a Porsche. You should be able to get a non-carbide Stihl chain for that saw. Just go find a Stihl shop that doesn't employ dickheads.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What's next, LE restricted weed whackers?

I think I have one of those.

I can let out as much line as I want....no line cutter! WOOT
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Dang it I've been looking for a chainsaw, must have assault saw. Wonder were a shady dealer is at?  Or wannta sell yours
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Calling the cops is a last resort...

He did good by not wasting their time with something he could clear up himself.

If the guy had STILL refused to return it, then a call to the police would have been warranted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You handled that far better than I would have.  

I would have stood right there in front of him, calleld the cops, advised them I had just been robbed, and I will retain the suspect until they arrive.  That could have turned real nasty.

Tj

They probably knew he did not wait his obligitory ten day cooling off period before buying his assault saw.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, it's a Stihl. You're talking about putting Discount Tire's 4 for $100 tires on a Porsche. You should be able to get a non-carbide Stihl chain for that saw. Just go find a Stihl shop that doesn't employ dickheads.  

It uses a special bar and a special chain.
He probably needs to get a different bar, chain and sprocket set.
Look at the Stihl web site for the specs of that chainsaw.
Nothing else is recomenned for it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#45]
I would contact the owner of the store and warn him that if your personal information is used for ANY purpose whatsoever, you will sue.  The information was demanded in return for your property that was illegaly siezed.  I would also go to the local PD and file a report on what happened in case you have any future progblems with the store.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#46]
I bet its a $1000 Chainsaw
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You should have called the cops - HE STOLE your chainsaw

Besides, how did he know you weren't a fireman?  

Exactly.

Plus who the fuck is he to take any personal information on you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+1

Why do the people that get a .gov paycheck get all the cool stuff?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#49]
A friend of mine just bought two of those MS460Rs for his outfit, so apparently anyone can buy them.

That sawshop guy is a classic asshole.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top