Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 4:07:13 PM EDT
OK , I need to know the correct way to load these 2 shotguns, I've never owned an Auto loading SG, so dont know for sure about the correct way they are suppose to be loaded. A friend that has local auctions around here brought them to me for good cleaning and to make sure that they work OK.

The only way I can get them to work properly is to load a shell in the chamber,close the bolt,and with 2 rds in the tube it shoots excellent,both of them work the same way and both shoot fine this way.

What I want to know is ,is this the correct way to load them ?? ,and is this the way they are suppose to work??,I tryed putting a couple of shells in the tube,then pull the bolt back to load it, Nope wont do it on either SG, the bolt just stays back and when I hit the bolt release ,it just slams shut on a empty chamber.
Can someone Help Me Please !!!!  Thanks for your Help !!! Ken
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few remington autos. I ALWAYS drop one into the ejection port and load from the bottom after that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember right the Remington, must be cocked before you can stuff the magazine tube. There does not need to be a round in there, it just needs cocked.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
[url=http://www.remington.com/pdfs/om/om_11001187.pdf]Remington 1100 owners manual[/url]

I. [blue]TO LOAD ONE SHELL ONLY:[/blue]
1. Point the firearm in a safe direction.
2. Engage the safety mechanism. RED BAND WILL NOT SHOW.
3. Pull the operating handle fully rearward until the bolt is held
open by the carrier latch.
4. Put one shell of the correct gauge and length through the ejection port.
See Picture 14.
5. CAUTION: Keep your fingers away from the ejection port and operating handle.
6. Push upward on the carrier release to close the action. See Picture 8 on page 9.
THE FIREARM IS NOW LOADED.
7. To fire the firearm, first disengage the safety mechanism. RED BAND WILL SHOW.
THE FIREARM IS READY TO FIRE.
8. Pull the trigger to fire the firearm. The bolt will remain open after the firearm is fired.
9. Engage the safety mechanism when you are finished firing.
II. [blue]TO LOAD THE CHAMBER AND MAGAZINE:[/blue]
WARNING: Always check the shell for the correct gauge and length before loading the firearm.
1. Point the firearm in a safe direction.
2. Engage the safety mechanism. RED BAND WILL NOT SHOW.
3. Pull the operating handle fully rearward until the bolt is held open by the carrier latch.
4. Put one shell of the correct gauge and length through the ejection port. See Picture 14.
5. CAUTION: Keep your fingers away from the ejection port and operating handle.
6. Push upward on the carrier release to close the action. See Picture 8 on page 9.
THE FIREARM IS NOW LOADED.
7. Press another shell of the correct gauge and length against the
carrier release. See Picture 15.
8. Push four (4) shells of the correct gauge and length one
at a time fully forward into the magazine tube.
NOTE: All Model 1100s have a magazine capacity of four (4) shells with two (2) exceptions. The Model 1100™
Special Field 12 & 20 gauge have a magazine capacity of 3 shells and the Model 1100 .410-gauge magazine
capacity is reduced to 3 shells when using 3" ammunition.
NOTE: Model 11-87™ Sporting Clays grade holds only three (3) shells in the magazine.
NOTE: Model 11-87 12-ga. Super Magnum™ has a magazine capacity of three (3) rounds when using 31⁄2" shells.
WARNING: Be sure the rim of each shell snaps past the end of the shell stop to prevent the shell from sliding
back over the carrier.
If the shell slides back over the carrier:
• Keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.
• Forcefully OPEN the action, or
• REMOVE the trigger plate assembly following the instructions on pages 14 and 15 and remove the shell, or
• When the chamber is loaded, firing the gun will CLEAR the jammed shell.
THE CHAMBER AND MAGAZINE ARE NOW FULLY LOADED.
9. To fire the firearm, first disengage the safety mechanism. RED BAND WILL SHOW.
THE FIREARM IS READY TO FIRE.
10. Pull the trigger to fire the firearm. The firearm will fire each time the trigger is pulled until the magazine
and chamber are empty. The bolt will remain OPEN when the last shell is fired.
11. Engage the safety mechanism when you are finished firing.
12. Look into the ejection port to make sure there are no shells inside the receiver, chamber or magazine.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a
little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
       Thanks for the info cyanide  !!!
Ripmeyer thanks for the link to the owners manual,I have it downloaded already,  That has answered my question about the 1100 and the Franchi operates the same as the 1100 does, Thanks for all your Help,just wanted to make sure before sending them back !!! Ken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top