Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 8:20:54 PM EDT
Its gotta put a shit eatin grin a mile wide on someones face to be blasting across the Middle Eastern deserts at 50+ miles an hour in a steel fortress.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Its gotta put a shit eatin grin a mile wide on someones face to be blasting across the Middle Eastern deserts at 50+ miles an hour in a steel fortress.

Have you seen the vids of the M1s going cross country at 50 miles per hour?  They look like they are floating across the terrain.  Mighty impressive.  Too bad if the politicians have it their way we will be rolling around in uparmored HUMMVs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you seen the vids of the M1s going cross country at 50 miles per hour?  They look like they are floating across the terrain.  Mighty impressive.  Too bad if the politicians have it their way we will be rolling around in uparmored HUMMVs.

link??

I've seen footage (Say, on Discovery or whatnot) but I could stand to see it again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s amazing how utterly still the gun barrel is on an M1 Tank as it’s driving along side of your M113 while rotating the turret towards you when being completely over run by OPFOR.

Bastards.  

Have they no decency?

We were retreating for Christ’s sakes!

The Hoffman device at less than 100 feet is a pleasure too.  

-markl32, 0 and 6 against OPFOR.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Inside the tank is something else. At least in the TC's hatch, you don't have too far to bounce. Loaders are another issue.

We usually trundled around Mosul at 20-25mph to save on track wear. On occasion though... One of my favourite radio calls.. "Commanche 2-6, Blue 1, in high speed pursuit of a dark Opel Kadett..." We hit over 50mph on that run, I'll bet the guy looking in his rear view mirror was pretty astounded. Alas, we pulled over to let the HMMWVs overtake us, they ended up chasing the wrong car, and he got away.

Several times, we found ourselves wishing for a light bar.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top