Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 11:47:43 AM EDT
I'm not versed in law in general, certainly not in .gov law.  Can congress impeach a president if no law has been broken?  I thought a law had to have been broken to impeach a president.  If they do impeach him, what exactly are they going to try him for?  Competence to do the job?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
They can impeach whomever they wish. Just like a DA can charge anyone they want.....it doesn't have to have a basis in law or reality.

In one one!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I stumbled on a FB post this morning where a lib said something along the lines of:

"Trump will be impeach before the next State of the Union, the Democrats will vacate the election and install Hillary as President."

This is honestly what they believe will happen. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not versed in law in general, certainly not in .gov law.  Can congress impeach a president if no law has been broken?  I thought a law had to have been broken to impeach a president.  If they do impeach him, what exactly are they going to try him for?  Competence to do the job?
View Quote

Good question.  I don't know.

What I do know is that they don't have the numbers to impeach, and won't have the numbers up to 2020.  

MAGA!, bitches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If they had any sense, they'd wait until he does something ACTUALLY questionable. Constantly yelling impeachment for no reason at all means nobody will pay attention if Trump really did something impeachment-worthy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Impeachment is one thng.  Removal from office is another.  Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Impeachment is one thng.  Removal from office is another.  Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.
View Quote
 Exactly. Fuck the Lefties
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]
They DO know that they have to get enough votes in the House to pass impeachment, right?  They can't just will it using the Force or something...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, and how is this different from every other time they get all excited about impeachment. I have heard it all... Good luck.

Must suck to go though life with constant false hopes....... Worries, and agony... NO wonder that most leftists are freaking mental and unstable people, or is it the other way around?????

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, the Constitution says the President can only be impeached and removed for treason, bribery, and "other high crimes and misdemeanors."  But the Constitution does not define "other high crimes and misdemeanors." That means that it will be up to Congress to define those terms.

In any event, impeachment and removal are political processes, not criminal processes, so it will generally be whatever Congress wants it to be -- if Congressmen are willing to pay the political price of being voted out of office if they push too far.

BTW, liberals are idiots when they say "impeach him and undo the election!"  Impeachment alone does nothing, other than embarrass the politician.  Impeachment merely sends the matter to the Senate for voting on removal from office by 2/3rds vote while the Chief Justice sits as the judge/referee over the Senate's hearing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They DO know that they have to get enough votes in the House to pass impeachment, right?  They can't just will it using the Force or something...
View Quote
no, they don't know.  If they knew, they would say "Trump will be impeached AND REMOVED" and they wouldn't be spouting this idiocy that the election will be "undone" so Hillary can assume the Presidency.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If they had any sense, they'd wait until he does something ACTUALLY questionable. Constantly yelling impeachment for no reason at all means nobody will pay attention if Trump really did something impeachment-worthy.
View Quote
They know it won't happen and the house has his back. They have to constantly dangle a carrot in front of lefties because they have nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
So what "crimes" are they referring to? I see no crimes nor evidence.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I stumbled on a FB post this morning where a lib said something along the lines of:

"Trump will be impeach before the next State of the Union, the Democrats will vacate the election and install Hillary as President."

View Quote
That makes sense.  The law of Presidential succession clearly states:

"Should the President die, resign, or be impeached and thus convicted, the Vice President shall become President, unless the President be a person of racist character, or be suspected of collusion with a foreign power to have won the office of President.  In such case, the Presidential candidate having won the support of the second most number of Electors shall be deemed a whiny bitch and shall become President."
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds exactly like our nevertrumpers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So what "crimes" are they referring to? I see no crimes nor evidence.  
View Quote

Not letting the first woman president take office!  Colluding with Russians...somehow!  Being a big meanie who is also dumb!  Using social media instead of our trusted media institutions!  Being racist because that's what the Internet says!  Showing signs of insanity because clearly he's insane for wanting to secure the border and focus on the US first or so says the Internet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're so deluded that they actually believe some "patriotic" GOP congressmembers will "put the nation before their party" and vote to impeach.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Impeachment is like bringing someone to trial to determine if a law was broken.

Bill Clinton was impeached.  It did not result in his removal from office.  Trump can be impeached if enough of Congress agrees to do it.  Since no laws have been broken it would be a giant waste of time... but that's what congress excels at...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is true. Many people don't understand this. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]
The democratic party should be disbanned. Bet the lawyers could make a case for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That makes sense.  The law of Presidential succession clearly states:

"Should the President die, resign, or be impeached and thus convicted, the Vice President shall become President, unless the President be a person of racist character, or be suspected of collusion with a foreign power to have won the office of President.  In such case, the Presidential candidate having won the support of the second most number of Electors shall be deemed a whiny bitch and shall become President."
View Quote
Wow that fairly exact right there
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, and how is this different from every other time they get all excited about impeachment. I have heard it all... Good luck.

Must suck to go though life with constant false hopes....... Worries, and agony... NO wonder that most leftists are freaking mental and unstable people, or is it the other way around?????

View Quote
thats how i feel about hpa or nfa repeal
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm honestly surprised every time he goes out into public and no one tries to kill him. Antifa isn't the KKK because the KKK didn't do anything for Obama's 8 years but I figured Antifa would figure they would be a hero of the people or something.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Grandstanding as part of the sworn "resistance".  This is the swamp fighting back. 

Course, remember how many times Republicans called for the impeachment of Obama?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP, the Constitution says the President can only be impeached and removed for treason, bribery, and "other high crimes and misdemeanors."  But the Constitution does not define "other high crimes and misdemeanors." That means that it will be up to Congress to define those terms.

In any event, impeachment and removal are political processes, not criminal processes, so it will generally be whatever Congress wants it to be -- if Congressmen are willing to pay the political price of being voted out of office if they push too far.

BTW, liberals are idiots when they say "impeach him and undo the election!"  Impeachment alone does nothing, other than embarrass the politician.  Impeachment merely sends the matter to the Senate for voting on removal from office by 2/3rds vote while the Chief Justice sits as the judge/referee over the Senate's hearing.
View Quote
While this is true,  SCOTUS in US vs. Nixon (Judge Walter Nixon) made the ruling that it was a political process but left the door open for judicial review. " The Court should have the power to review cases in which the Senate removed an impeached officer summarily without a hearing, or through some arbitrary process, such as "a coin toss.""

In other words, I don't like him is not good enough.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Let's just get a king and be done with this election crap
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#27]
They want to turn is into a parliamentary system where the aristocrat/msm can easily manipulate the government.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
1. As has already been said, the law is now irrelevant as the citizenry doesn't understand it and the government doesn't care about it.

2. It's not just the left. Republicans are talking about it, too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Hurt feels does not = high crimes
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I envy you. I would roast the lib like there is no tomorrow after the next address.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#31]
They can remove him under the 25th Amendment without any crimes or proof, but this would require Pence and other Trump allies saying he is unfit for office.

Otherwise they need real evidence and an actual crime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]
They are taking a big shit on the constitution. Even the Mueller investigation is illegal.

Congress Sucks balls.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#33]
SAUL ALINSKY'S  "13  RULES FOR RADICALS"  LAYS IT ALL OUT

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.

2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.

3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.

4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.

7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.

8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.

13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

SAUL ALINSKY'S  "13  RULES FOR RADICALS"  LAYS IT ALL OUT
View Quote
Good post.  Fascinating albeit unfortunate how the left is actually quite deft at implementing Alinsky's Playbook...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Russia!

1. Trump's son once talked a Russian
2. Russia!
3. Trump is known to like Russian salad dressing from time-to-time
4. Russia!
5. Russia (again)!

So there's six good reasons plus he's literally Adolph Hitler.
View Quote
Fuck  Then I guess there is the whole ice cream thing too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://youtu.be/YbmAROJMswU

Ann Coulter on Firing Line discussing impeachment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
While this is true,  SCOTUS in US vs. Nixon (Judge Walter Nixon) made the ruling that it was a political process but left the door open for judicial review. " The Court should have the power to review cases in which the Senate removed an impeached officer summarily without a hearing, or through some arbitrary process, such as "a coin toss.""

In other words, I don't like him is not good enough.
View Quote
those are procedural grounds.  Did SCOTUS address substantive grounds such as "I don't like him?"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Nixon's resignation due to his impeachment coupled with the media covering up Asshole's (Bill Clinton ) like it didn't happen make people think impeachment means loosing the office. Hell, we have members of congress that don't know better. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#42]
They better cool their shit, otherwise there will be impeachment proceedings against every Democratic president elected from now on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I envy you. I would roast the lib like there is no tomorrow after the next address.
View Quote
It wasn't anyone I know, I've long deleted the vocal libs from my list. It was someone replying to a Fox Post.

Speaking of that, the libs have really become empowered or something after Charlottesville, they'll shit on every single Fox, Brietbart and Conservative news post as soon as they see it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Its a good thing the GOP bought all that democrat good will for not going after BHO on clearly illegal activities such as Fast and Furious, using the IRS to hassle and punish political enemies, inveistigating contacts with extreme leftists who made many visits to the WH, ...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The left has shown they will do whatever they feel like doing.

When has law mattered to them?
View Quote
And it seems that most of the GOPe will support them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top