Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2011 1:55:32 PM EDT
point to to help them understand the Justice of his killing? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it'd be more productive to get new friends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck em
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bible says " Thou shall not commit MURDER"  Killing in a war is not murder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If one of my friends was stupid enough  to think that killing Bin Laden was a mistake, I would immediately cease all contact with them.

Even my ultra-liberal Marxist friend posted that he was happy to see Bin Laden taking a dirt nap.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Cromlech 288:2-87

Thou must shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a question.  How can a christain be liberal?  Most (not all but most) agree with killing babies.  Not starting a flamer, really just wondering.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Killing Osama protects innocent human life.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Psalm 58:

1Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?

2Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.

3The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

4Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

5Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.

6Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.

7Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.

8As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

9Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.

10The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

11So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth

Or Proverbs 11:10:

When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, [there is] shouting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
As a Christian, I have no conflict with the fact that justice was meted. In fact, I am relieved to have this particular chapter closed, and I definitely hope it provides some degree of closure for all the victim's families from 9/11, as well as all of my fellow service men and woman who have sacrificed so much over the past 10 years. That said, I don't rejoice in the death of any human. Was it necessary? Yes. Is it something I find joy in? No.

"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice." Proverbs 24:17

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd just post a video of the towers falling and ask "You weep for the man who did this?"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
send them the link to that video on youtube of the israeli chic nailing a monkey to a cross and see what their reaction are to that, might get them on a different track. Narrow minds are easy to derail.

OST  get some new friends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As a Christian, I have no conflict with the fact that justice was meted. In fact, I am relieved to have this particular chapter closed, and I definitely hope it provides some degree of closure for all the victim's families from 9/11, as well as all of my fellow service men and woman who have sacrificed so much over the past 10 years. That said, I don't rejoice in the death of any human. Was it necessary? Yes. Is it something I find joy in? No.

"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice." Proverbs 24:17

And that is the passage that serves as a boundary for what I posted above.....I'm downright happy that OBL is room (sea floor?) temperature now.....but I can't gloat over it.

I could have been born him, or vice-versa, except for the grace of God. I can't gloat over his death....but you'd better believe I'm pleased to hear it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
For liberals, it is always wrong to kill - wrong to kill convicted felons, wrong to kill unwanted pets.  The only time killing is appropriate is unwanted unborn - and honestly, most liberals don't have a huge issue with killing the unborn even if they are not unwanted - there are too many humans threatening the planet with global climate change.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#14]
first post wins...again !
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Mention the liberal endorsement killing of 6M+ unborn...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've written off a few pathetic people on facebook.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Their dear leader gave the go ahead.  What more justification do they need?

He is their 'chosen one' afterall.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I spent the day listening to college students argue the morality of killing Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.
(But sometimes he sub-contracts.)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#22]
One of my former preachers posted a picture of a bald eagle eating off the severed head of OBL.  Guess it depends on the area.  I've not seen any of my friends say anything other than hell yea and about time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Funny...

All my friends, including myself, are Christians.

We are all glad he was killed. He was evil, he preached evil, he supported evil.

Not a hard concept.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.
(But sometimes he sub-contracts.)

Today, our military demonstrated the proper, Biblical role of government:

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

-Romans 13

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#25]
"Jawbone of an ass, bitches!"

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
CAn you talk a Schizophrenic out of being Schizophrenic??

Some peoples "thought patterns" are the result of a mental disease.

Being a liberal christian and thinking killing bin laden was wrong?

That's just a form of mental illness, no need to worry yourself about it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed on this. It seems me posting how joyous it was on facebook has upset some people to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#28]
capturing him alive would only have been a motivation for all the fanatic terrorists around to take ostages and ask for a prisoners exchange..
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#29]
All my liberal Christian friends are saying it's a great day for America.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#30]

“Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, ‘I am strong.’”   In the New Testament, Jesus commands his disciples to bear swords:
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword’ sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he is numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The Disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.

Jl 3:10 NIV.
 Lk 22:36-38 NIV
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

For liberals, it is always wrong to kill - wrong to kill convicted felons, wrong to kill unwanted pets. The only time killing is appropriate is unwanted unborn - and honestly, most liberals don't have a huge issue with killing the unborn even if they are not unwanted - there are too many humans threatening the planet with global climate change.

I am not totally anti abortion myself, and I must admit that seeing this from this angle is really disturbing..

good point
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All my liberal Christian friends are saying it's a great day for America.

And what would his motive be for doing so?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#33]
anything in there about celebrating the death of another?  maybe they should start handing out party supplies at executions....
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#34]
We don't have the right to judge OBL's soul but we can render his body inert to stop any further killing and to give God the opportunity to judge his soul.   Not the God needs our help...... He can use us as an instrument of His wrath.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've written off a few pathetic people on facebook.

Me too...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Religion is a great way for hardcore Marxists to hide. UBL is a great example.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Give them some of the Old Testament God!

Jeremiah 48:8-10

The destroyer will come against every town,

and not a town will escape.

The valley will be ruined

and the plateau destroyed,

because the Lord has spoken.

Put salt on Moab,

for she will be laid waste;

her towns will become desolate,

with no one to live in them.

A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord’s work!

A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!

Or maybe that SEAL had a message from God?

Judges 3:16-23

16Now Ehud had made a double-edged sword about a foot and a half long, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. 17He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. 18After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way the men who had carried it. 19At the idolsf near Gilgal he himself turned back and said, “I have a secret message for you, O king.”

The king said, “Quiet!” And all his attendants left him.

20Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his summer palace and said, “I have a message from God for you.” As the king rose from his seat, 21Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king’s belly. 22Even the handle sank in after the blade, which came out his back. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it. 23Then Ehud went out to the porch; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]
According to the story that Brenner told the MSM earlier today, after the female (bodyguard?) went down, Usama went for his piece.   It was suicide by SEAL.  That does not sound like premeditated assasination or execution.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#39]
That's  the only time they are Christian (and I lack compassion) when they want to spend my money helping out welfare moochers and get democratic voters.  

Quoted:

I have a question.  How can a christain be liberal?  Most (not all but most) agree with killing babies.  Not starting a flamer, really just wondering.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Thou shalt not murder.

That doesn't mean you can't kill someone. Killing someone and murdering someone are two very different things.

Also: Get better friends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Did not David slay Goliath? Did David fall from grace with God because of it? Did God condemn David for killing Goliath?

There are many stories in the OT of people killiing others and not being condemned by God.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
According to the story that Brenner told the MSM earlier today, after the female (bodyguard?) went down, Usama went for his piece.   It was suicide by SEAL.  That does not sound like premeditated assasination or execution.

I don't care if he was balls deep in a goat or sitting on the toilet or shooting back with a PKM.  I take great pride that they killed that mother fucker and take great satisfaction in his death.  If anything, I wish I could have been the one to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Based on the numerous " I have stupid liberal friends/ coworkers" threads in the last 12 hours, some of you must have unique social circles.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#44]
My uncle, who is a pastor, posted from Psalm 140.

1 Rescue me, LORD, from evildoers;
protect me from the violent,
2 who devise evil plans in their hearts
and stir up war every day.

8 Do not grant the wicked their desires, LORD;
do not let their plans succeed.

11 May slanderers not be established in the land;
may disaster hunt down the violent.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#45]
He was the poster-boy for fucking mass-murder in the name of God the last decade.

What the FUCK is not to like about him being eaten by Blue crabs as I type this?  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not possible to be both a Christian and a Liberal for one is the antithesis of the other. The Liberal theology basis is that a men are a reflection of their society and are not at fault for their moral shortcomings. They believe that a perfect man will result by being provided a perfect society that they, the more intelligent enlightened Liberal ones, will run for these lesser beings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#49]
thanks for the responses guys!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Have them read Augustine of Hippo Just War theory, formulate a rational, biblical argument against his, and get back with you for intelligent discussion.

They of course will have this reaction because too many "Christians" today are ruled by emotion and what 'feels right' to them rather than sound biblical study to find out what the Bible says instead of what they want it to stay.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top