Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2002 3:15:37 AM EDT
and it's infinite wisdom. I am so tired of hearing about each and every casualty we and our allies have suffered in the war on terrorism, and nothing of the numbers sustained by Al Qaeda, and the Taliban. Why do they not build up our accomplishments, instead of burying them under the mistakes that are the exception to the rule.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a blood lust issue, but if they are gonna report the facts, shouldn't all of the facts be reported? What is so difficult about supporting this nation, rather than every third world sh!t hole they can find a tearjerk story in. Those men are dying so that these jerks can sit on their asses and tell us stories, and they get nothing more than lip service from the media, and prescious little of that. WTF is the deal? This is Grade A Bullsh!t.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
and it's infinite wisdom. I am so tired of hearing about each and every casualty we and our allies have suffered in the war on terrorism, and nothing of the numbers sustained by Al Qaeda, and the Taliban.
View Quote

billionz and billionz and billionz [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Be careful what you wish for. If the media starts giving out numbers on how many enemy are KIA, then the hippies will start crying.

"Ohh, there's xxxxxx dead already, how many more must die to see we're fighting an unjust battle". Or some guff like that.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Be careful what you wish for. If the media starts giving out numbers on how many enemy are KIA, then the hippies will start crying.

"Ohh, there's xxxxxx dead already, how many more must die to see we're fighting an unjust battle". Or some guff like that.

View Quote

Good for them, they can go join hands in a ring around the remaining resistance in A'stan, come to think of it they can make three or four graduating rings around them. Makes a nice bullseye from the air.

While I realize that the images and stories we are getting now from A'stan don't compare to Vietnam, it was pointed out by JBA111 ("Kent State Over 30 yrs. later" thread), the effect that the media barrage of our casualties had on the public.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Heheh, yes hippies do make nice targets....
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why do they not build up our accomplishments, instead of burying them under the mistakes that are the exception to the rule.
View Quote

[i]{Dan Blather voice} What accomplishments?[/i]

What is so difficult about supporting this nation, rather than every third world sh!t hole they can find a tearjerk story in.
View Quote

[i]{Peter Jennings voice} We are part of the "world community" and MOST of the world lives in impoverished conditions. Journalists are just covering the news that's important and relevant to the Global Community[/i]

Those men are dying so that these jerks can sit on their asses and tell us stories, and they get nothing more than lip service from the media, and prescious little of that. WTF is the deal?
View Quote

[i]{Bryant Gumble voice, under his breath} What a f@ckin' idiot![/i]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is so difficult about supporting this nation, rather than every third world sh!t hole they can find a tearjerk story in.
View Quote

[i]{Peter Jennings voice} We are part of the "world community" and MOST of the world lives in impoverished conditions. Journalists are just covering the news that's important and relevant to the Global Community[/i]

View Quote

Perhaps then Mr. Jennings and his media buddies should lead us into this impoverished world community by renouncing their wealth. Give it all up so that we will be accepted rather than envied within our new community. Perhaps then all of the sheeples would fall in line and the news they report would actually have some relevance to the people they are reporting it to. Naw, that would be a [i]f@ckin' idiotic[/i] idea. Hey, maybe Bryant Gumble would lead the charge?

No flame intended towards you Macallan, just tired of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top