Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/7/2002 1:41:27 PM EST
I an retired LEO and have to say there are some Police out there that should not be in law enforcement. The Department I worked for has hired people, I said- no - "they should not be LEO" and they were hired and later fired, how many people did they impact/offend before being fired ???? So "cop bashing" is just a term for- what the heck is going on, if you are a LEO and have never seen someone who dosn't deserve the badge, you have worked in a small department or are blind to the fact that it exists. Having said this I am disappointed that the MODS are closing tread after thread concerning this issue. It does exist and is real. Most LEO'S are decent, good guys, some are real pieces of shit, fact of life. If this offends the good ones I am sorry, if it offends the arrogant, jerk ones I am not sorry. If this tread gets locked because of an expressed view I will be disappointed in the MODS. I thought this was a place where you could get it off your chest so to speak, it seems it is, unless you offend the minority of the police officers who think there stuff don't stink.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:44:42 PM EST
First one IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:47:50 PM EST
I for one appreciate your honesty. And thank you for your service. [beer]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:47:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:49:00 PM EST
That's not cop-bashing, that's just stating the obvious- there are good ones and bad ones. Cop bashing is insisting that almost all cops are bad, or that the bad experiences some have are representative of everyone's experiences. Generalizing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:50:46 PM EST
[img]http://www.AzChatfield.net/Comebacks/Delete_Or_Punch.jpg [/img] IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:16:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 2:17:02 PM EST by bountyhunter]
Originally Posted By DScott: That's not cop-bashing, that's just stating the obvious- there are good ones and bad ones. Cop bashing is insisting that almost all cops are bad, or that the bad experiences some have are representative of everyone's experiences. Generalizing.
View Quote
You are right, but the minute some "my stuff don't stink" LEO gets on the thread and posts some derogatory statements it is closed. This is a form of censorship, and is not right. A person who has been wronged should be able to express his feelings without a "get over it" response and a thread lock.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:23:27 PM EST
Not all cops are bad. In fact, there are many... so very many cool ones. It's no different than anything else in life.... bad with good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:29:45 PM EST
[size=6][green]In before the -->[/green][/size=6][img]http://www.mrlock.com/locks/images/thumb/36654tn.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:30:45 PM EST
Trouble is, the bad ones get the fame and a book deal, the good ones hafta eat shit for 30 years, and get a pension if they're lucky.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:43:20 PM EST
i work in a chemical plant around colorless orderless deadly gasses. things like phosgene, hydrofluoric acid and hydrogen sulfide. these things will kill you in a matter of moments and with phosgene you better hope you die because it's not pretty if you live. having said this i don't care if a cop roughs up a person that is being mouthy, shoots a punk resisting arrest or skims a couple thousand bucks off a drug bust. the cop spends his whole life in danger and if he needs to bust some skulls to get respect or survive i will give him some room.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:43:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By liberty86: Trouble is, the bad ones get the fame and a book deal, the good ones hafta eat shit for 30 years, and get a pension if they're lucky.....
View Quote
Lib---86, most Law Enforcement Agencies are going to a 20 yr,-or-25yr and out due to the job requirements or even earlier if you meet the age requirements with reduced pension.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:44:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 2:46:19 PM EST by Boom_Stick]
[size=5][red]IN BEFORE THE.......[/red][/size=5] [img]http://www.brownsafe.com/images/coll_door_lg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:48:41 PM EST
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:51:48 PM EST
I wounder if everyone writing IBTL is like voting aganst the subject? Its like all of us saying we are aganst it, and it should be locked LOL.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:52:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:12:04 PM EST by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:00:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By jrzy: [size=6][green]In before the -->[/green][/size=6][url]http://www.mrlock.com/locks/images/thumb/36654tn.jpg[/url]
View Quote
me 2
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:08:30 PM EST
My father was LEO and believe me, he could be a dick sometimes. Some guys on the force were great, others were total a##holes. IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:12:24 PM EST
The public only hears what makes the press, can anyone imagine what is hushed up and does not get known by the general public, I am hear to tell you most would have a heart attack if they only knew. Remember it only makes the press when they find out, most stuff is never found out, just cleaned up and settled "in house". God help me I am a "civilian" again in a strange and dangerous land.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:15:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By captainpooby: My father was LEO and believe me, he could be a dick sometimes. Some guys on the force were great, others were total a##holes. IBTL
View Quote
Son is that you, shame on you calling me names. (JJA)
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:22:45 PM EST
I hate Bad cops. Having to work with them is the worst when they are so Bad at their job. They get lost going to calls. Take to much time handling their calls. Take to much time writing error filled reports. If you cant be good at your job then dont do it at all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:26:59 PM EST
Bounty Hunter, I agree there are bad cops. There are bad everything. We are people, and we fit the Bell Curve, just like every other occupation. 10% of the worst, 10% of the best, and the other 80% fit in somewhere in between. I must say that you seem to have "issues" with your former profession.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:30:04 PM EST
There are without a doubt "bad" cops, as well as "good" cops, but then again this can be said about any profession. Bad/good doctors, bad/good actors, bad/good Major League Baseball players, bad/good lawers...um forget the last one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:31:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:33:27 PM EST by OLY-M4gery]
Yeah if I have one more police car from my agency yield to me when I'm running lights/siren to an emergency call........... I also apparently have a unique ability to "know" who is closer to a call, but not listening to their radio. The other day me and another guy were sent to check for a theft suspect, I believe it was a retail theft (shoplifting, gas drive off) who was known by name to the investigating officer. While we're doing that another officer radios he is behind a stolen vehicle..............I arrived at that with another officer in appx 4 minutes, the original officer had 3 at gunpoint, and was alone. My co-worker from the theft call showed up 10 minutes later........ IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:37:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:41:46 PM EST by fullclip]
Originally Posted By 308wood: i work in a chemical plant around colorless orderless deadly gasses. things like phosgene, hydrofluoric acid and hydrogen sulfide. these things will kill you in a matter of moments and with phosgene you better hope you die because it's not pretty if you live. having said this i don't care if a cop roughs up a person that is being mouthy, shoots a punk resisting arrest or skims a couple thousand bucks off a drug bust. the cop spends his whole life in danger and if he needs to bust some skulls to get respect or survive i will give him some room.
View Quote
I have worked in the oil industry and now work in construction/transportation. We get low pay, no respect, and very dangerous working conditions, higher death and injury rates than the cops. Does this mean I can go bust heads and steal? I think not. If a LEO has honor and integrity, he will probably be a good cop. If not.... well, what can you say, bad cop.... fullclip (IBTL)
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:38:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 8:48:04 PM EST by sniped]
Originally Posted By 308wood: having said this i don't care if a cop roughs up a person that is being mouthy, shoots a punk resisting arrest or skims a couple thousand bucks off a drug bust. the cop spends his whole life in danger and if he needs to bust some skulls to get respect or survive i will give him some room.
View Quote
I agree 308 with the concept. But I dont think they should be allowed to do anything illegal. I do think they have the right to slam a punk if he talking shit,or resisting in anyway, without the fear of being fired. Punks have no fear, why should they, the posibility for a six figure lawsuit. That sucks if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:41:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:50:27 PM EST by Sukebe]
Fortunately everybody on this board who has a job is a model employee. They give 100% of their working hours to their employer. They are always polite to the people they serve. They always go beyond what is expected of them when dealing with customers. They are all under paid for the work that they do. They arrive early for work and leave late and don't charge over time. They never do personal business on company time. They only call of sick when they are near death or worse. They never use company equipment for personal use. They never lie, cheat or steal. The are faithful to their wives and attend church regularly. They give to charities. Why can't we find cops that are as perfect as the people who post on this board? It's easy to understand why they are all so unhappy with cops. It's tough being a shinning example for everyone to look up to. Keep up the good work ar15.com'rs. Fight the good fight. You guys shine like a diamond in a goat's ass! The same thing goes for the people we work with. If that wasn't true we would do everything in our power to get them fired. We have to weed out all the bad ones. After all it's our duty as model employees.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:48:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:51:00 PM EST by platform389]
Originally Posted By Waverunner: but then again this can be said about any profession. Bad/good doctors, bad/good actors, bad/good Major League Baseball players, bad/good lawyers...um forget the last one.
View Quote
None your examples are allowed to carry guns and arrest people. Because of this simple difference, police simply must be held the highest standard. Anything less simply moves us closer to the day when Police are targets. I gave six examples of poor quality law enforcement in the earlier thread. For my trouble I was called names, but none of the respondants dared challenge my facts. By the nature of their job, they can and must be held the highest standards of performance. Otherwise they must quit or be fired without hesitation. Lives may depend on it. Edited to add: IN BEFORE THE LOCK! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:55:40 PM EST
OK...Here's a question that's been bugging me for some time. The subject has been used as script material on virtually every one of the major cop shows on TV...and in lots of movies about LEOs too. Here's the scenario: You and your partner have been working together for some time...say several years. You have each truly become Brothers in Arms...covering each other in the worst kind of stressful situations. You have come to depend utterly on each other for your life. Now...here it comes and most of you have already figured where I'm going with this: You just found out your partner is dirty...REAL dirty. I leave the parameters here wide open...you imagine the offense. Suffice to say the act[s] is criminal and punishable by dismissal and indictment. What do you do? I ask this in all seriousness and sincerity. Believe me, I really respect lawmen. I am not an LEO and if I were...shit...I don't know what I would do in like circumstances...I can only speculate. My training as a military officer puts me in a mindset to rat my partner out...but only after telling him/her what I was about to do. Then again...I just don't know. Any ideas? [>:/]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:01:16 PM EST
A criminal is a criminal, and once you decide to become one you should expect to be treated like one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:03:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By Stg44: Bounty Hunter, I agree there are bad cops. There are bad everything. We are people, and we fit the Bell Curve, just like every other occupation. 10% of the worst, 10% of the best, and the other 80% fit in somewhere in between. I must say that you seem to have "issues" with your former profession.
View Quote
Yeah, I do have issues, an Officer lying on the stand under oath, an officer stealing, geting sex on duty through his badge, drinking on duty, reporting to work after drinking, the list goes on and on, I have issues with this type of stuff, if you won't do it right, quit the job with honor, but nooo , some stay in till they are busted out, disgracing the badge, and bringing discredit to the profession. Issues with bad cops , yes I do, and I will not say I am sorry.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:15:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 4:17:23 PM EST by jrzy]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick: [size=5][red]IN BEFORE THE.......[/red][/size=5]
View Quote
[img]http://www.brownsafe.com/images/coll_door_lg.jpg[/img] [size=5][green]You Boom_Stick are an "Evil" show off[/green][/size=5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:29:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:30:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 4:33:02 PM EST by bountyhunter]
Originally Posted By Waverunner: There are without a doubt "bad" cops, as well as "good" cops, but then again this can be said about any profession. Bad/good doctors, bad/good actors, bad/good Major League Baseball players, bad/good lawers...um forget the last one.
View Quote
A person can chose his Doctor,chose not to watch a bad actor, not support a bad baseball player, chose or fire his lawyer, but a bad cop can deprive you of your freedom it is called jail, cost you money, it is called a fine, not do his job and investigate a incident, or the worst beat or kill you and lie about the circumstances. No,a big difference, I think that is why emotions run hot on the subject.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:06:10 PM EST
"God help me I am a "civilian" again in a strange and dangerous land." one of the best "says it all" statements i have read amongst all these cop/cop basher/cop basher basher threads. good job, bountyhunter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:10:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By sniped: I dont think they should be allowed to do anything illegal. But they have no fear and a posibility for a six figure lawsuit. That sucks if you ask me.
View Quote
[beer]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:03:30 PM EST
hmmmmmm...... not locked yet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:08:01 PM EST
Procrastinated, and still.... IBTL
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:14:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By sniped:
Originally Posted By 308wood: having said this i don't care if a cop roughs up a person that is being mouthy, shoots a punk resisting arrest or skims a couple thousand bucks off a drug bust. the cop spends his whole life in danger and if he needs to bust some skulls to get respect or survive i will give him some room.
View Quote
I agree 308 with the concept. But I dont think they should be allowed to do anything illegal. I do think they have the right to slam a punk if he talking shit,or resisting in anyway, without the fear of being fired. Punks have no fear, why should they, the posibility for a six figure lawsuit. That sucks if you ask me.
View Quote
This is the type of thing that scares me. You people are the first ones to scream about how unfair it is to take away the 2nd ammendment. But you think its ok for a cop to slam a guy around or rough him up for talking shit? What ever happend to the 1st ammendment?? The cops should be prof. enough to over look it, its nothing personal, it just comes with the job. What gives them the right to beat a man for the words that he uses? If you want to protect the constitution, you have to protect all of it, not just the 2nd ammendment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:15:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/8/2002 6:16:57 PM EST by Sweep]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:32:44 PM EST
Look harder...still IBTL
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:40:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Sweep: So why is everyone posting IBTL? I haven't seen one reason to lock this thread...yet.[:)]
View Quote
ahhhhh... cuz we were told to.
Top Top