Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 11:16:17 AM EDT
Just returned from our local hometown parade and I have to say, it was 2x larger then last year which was 2x larger then the year before. With all of the patriotism, flags, firetrucks, hotrods, tractors, bikes, kids on skateboards and all, when the (2) F-16s made two low passes down main street I suddenly felt overwhelmed with pride.

Let me tell ya, I fly my flag all year, have since tha early 90's. I am a very patriotic person who stands firmly behind my country, but for some unknown reason I nearly lost my breath when they flew overhead. I looked around to see families cheering and waving flags.. It was the most amazing sight I have seen in a long time.

In that moment I seen hope. Hope that our country will strive for years to come. Hope that americans can stand together for something.
Hope that regardless of political party, we are AMERICANS!

Happy Birthday America!

God bless the USA!
Cape_Hunter
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#1]
GOD BLESS THE USA!!! salute [USA]    [marines]    [banana]    [beer]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
back at ya
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
[usa] [beer]

wooo!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GOD BLESS THE USA!!! salute [USA]    [marines]    [banana]    [beer]
View Quote

[b] We Will Not Tire,
   We Will Not Falter,
   and We Will Not Fail![/b]

GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME SWEET HOME!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top