Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:28:13 PM EDT
saw this truck for sale, and noticed that the auction says that Canadians have banned armor! Is this true? If it is, the only reason I can think of is to limit power of the civilians. You cannot protect yourself lowly peasant!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-Yukon-/280560159283?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4152b04a33

wtf!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:44 PM EDT
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., bans on civilian ownership of body armor have also been proposed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:59:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Skibane:
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., bans on civilian ownership of body armor have also been proposed.

But never passed....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:03:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 10:07:11 PM EDT by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By gaspain:
saw this truck for sale, and noticed that the auction says that Canadians have banned armor! Is this true? If it is, the only reason I can think of is to limit power of the civilians. You cannot protect yourself lowly peasant!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-Yukon-/280560159283?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4152b04a33

wtf!

Protect yourself from what?

Although since Canada doesn't recognize a right to carry arms for self defense... I doubt they're too concerned about it...

P.S. When you say 'armor' the first thing I thought of, was a surplus tank... Not a truck with bullet-resistant glass...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 10:08:27 PM EDT by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By g3shooter:

But never passed....

The solution was to make it a sentence enhancement (use it in a crime, get 5 more years)...

I could see a similar law for up-armored vehicles, if they ever became popular as tools of crime either in real life or (more likely) on TV/movie screens....

So much law in that 'area' is driven by hollywood, not real life.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:13:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

But never passed....

The solution was to make it a sentence enhancement (use it in a crime, get 5 more years)...

I could see a similar law for up-armored vehicles, if they ever became popular as tools of crime either in real life or (more likely) on TV/movie screens....

real life if you are a wealthy person or of political interest, or if you life in a shit town

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:17:23 PM EDT

Any day now.

That's what the armor guy at the gun show has been telling me for the past decade.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:19:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

But never passed....

real life if you are a wealthy person or of political interest, or if you life in a shit town

1) I'm not advocating, I'm saying it's possible

2) Under the *US-style* law I'm talking about, unless you use the armor in a crime, you have done nothing illegal...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:36:08 PM EDT
Nice truck.
Top Top