Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:26:08 PM EDT
I'm going to say this in a civil & friendly way & hopefully we can put this matter to bed.

Guys... It's great that you enjoy your Airsoft hobby. I've never personally skirmished with Airsoft guns, but I'm sure it's great fun! I understand that many of you are still too young to own real "black rifles" & that Airsoft allows you the opportunity to explore & enjoy your fascination with these types of weapons in a safe & legal manner.

It's all good & I sincerely welcome you to ARFCOM! May your interest in military style firearms blossom into a life long passion for shooting & for protecting our cherished RKBA!

BUT... most of the long time, paying members here at AR15.com view Airsoft threads in General Discussion & the AR15 forums to be trolling. That might seem unfair & judgmental, but it is still the truth.

Thus, I respectfully ask you guys to confine all future Airsoft threads to the War Gaming Forum

Now I realize that Airsoft threads in GD are not a violation of ARFCOM's code of conduct, but a show of respect for the wishes of the senior membership here would go a long way toward quelling the growing animosity that many feel for Airsoft & the folks who enjoy it.

Thanks,

NYP
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
this will last for about 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
does anyone know how to mount an ACOG on my japanese airsoft sniper assault weapon?????
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
does anyone know how to mount an ACOG on my japanese airsoft sniper assault weapon?????

NO WAY!!!!! YOU HAVE ONE!!!!!

I'm callin bullshit on that!!!

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Wiser words are seldom spoken.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Well said

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
this thread will eat shit and be thirty pages into the darkness and the same shit will happen tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO WAY!!!!! YOU HAVE ONE!!!!!

I'm callin bullshit on that!!!

in addition i would like to know what is the best mount to put my Tacpoint on my SR-25
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
A great solution.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you reload .25-06 with paintballs?

CW
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't own any AirSoft products .................. But

They seem to be getting real popular with several Big name CQB trainers for
Force on Force simulations .

I may just have to get one
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#15]
So what's the deal with the Tacpoint  reddots? Everybody is sayin they kick butt. Are they really that much better than an Aimpoint...?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Tacking this thread for a couple of days might be a good idea.

Just a thought...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I get an Airsoft gun in .45 caliber?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Tacking this thread for a couple of days might be a good idea.

Just a thought...

doesn't matter, they don't read the tacked threads anyways.

ever notice that they usually have less than 100 posts?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys... let's try to lay off the jokes.

This thread is about establishing a little mutual respect.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quote:  "BUT... most of the long time, paying members here at AR15.com view Airsoft threads in General Discussion & the AR15 forums to be trolling. That might seem unfair & judgmental, but it is still the truth."

No, it doesn't sound unfair & judgemental... it sounds ANAL.

Is there some reason you are getting your dicks in a knot over some kids/adults who are into toy guns?

What am I missing?  I don't get it.

Ugly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Guys... let's try to lay off the jokes.

This thread is about establishing a little mutual respect.

Thanks.

Any thread with the word "Airsoft" is asking for jokes.

won't happen either.

I'm with you 100%, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there some reason you are getting your dicks in a knot over some kids/adults who are into toy guns?

Ugly.

Let me explain.

This is a firearms discussion board

end of story.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

end of story.

But  grown men with dolls are ok...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Ugly, it doesn’t matter if you "get it" or not... the fact is that most folks around here have come to associate Airsoft with trolling (with good reason IMO), and frankly I'm getting sick of the whole situation.

This thread is an effort to end the controversy once and for all.

It seems to me that you are only interested in perpetuating the drama, so please keep your comments to yourself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
GD and the team room are the only two places ive seen them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

Yeah, and this is GENERAL DISCUSSION

General Discussion
 Open Forum w/Conduct Rules

Where does it say here that dorks can't talk about toy guns?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

end of story.

I think you have echoed most members opinion.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where does Sgtar15 post those threads?  NAME THE FORUM

That would be the BEAR PIT, Lumpy...

An area of the site dedicated to flame-wars & senseless electronic mayhem...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

Yeah, and this is GENERAL DISCUSSION

General Discussion
 Open Forum w/Conduct Rules

It does not, which is why I typed this in the first post of this thread...

Now I realize that Airsoft threads in GD are not a violation of ARFCOM's code of conduct, but a show of respect for the wishes of the senior membership here would go a long way toward quelling the growing animosity that many feel for Airsoft & the folks who enjoy it.

It's not about the CoC... it's about a little mutual respect.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

end of story.

What about paintball threads?
What about "I've had a shitty day" threads?
What about  all the other thread that do not relate remotely to firearms?

This arguement is not only weak, it's ridiculous crap.  It doesn't matter if you use font size 10!

NYPatriot.  You consider it trolling?  why?

Have you taken a poll of "long time paying members" on this issue?  Or do you just presume to speak for all.

The long time paying members I've had the honor of meeting wouldn't care about this, and if they did care, they simply wouldn't click on the link.

If these people and their threads are trolling, then deal with them as trolls.  BAN THEM!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Ugly, your last post simply confirmed my suspicions... you are only interested in perpetuating the drama.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ugly, your last post simply confirmed my suspicions... you are only interested in perpetuating the drama.

I was simply looking for answers.  I will drop this though, as it seems this can only lead to flames.

Seriously though... the whole "It's not firearm related" arguement for a general discussion topic was ridiculous and insulting to me.  I had to respond.

You have a good day sir

Ugly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly.

Let me explain.

Then could somebody please explain this to me.

All the topics on the front page of GD at this time;

ANY LEFT OVER GUN STOCK SHIRTS??

308 ammo opinions

All Airsofters... Please Read!

Ever been hit on by a homo?

Caught my husband cheating... UPDATE WITH PIC FBOTD

HEY DO YOU GUYS HAVE KIDS!!! take a look see

How would you respond???

College students are idiots!

Random art request (Old Sierra fans might know)

Why you should never do buisness with Wachovia

What is up with these Yellow arm bands?

I present to the greatest cat to ever live, the LATE GREAT MAMA KITTY....

Slap Kerry

For my 1000th Post

DPMS or Armalite?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was simply looking for answers.  I will drop this though, as it seems this can only lead to flames.

Seriously though... the whole "It's not firearm related" arguement for a general discussion topic was ridiculous and insulting to me.  I had to respond.

You have a good day sir

Ugly

Actually it is a valid argument.

Most of the members, say roughly 95%, don't like airsoft toys.
So, even if it is in GD, it can be considered trolling.
Trolling is someone that is trying to get a rise out of someone, or a group of people, and you would have to be down right stupid to know that something like that wouldn't fly on a FIREARMS WEBSITE.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I know exactly where you are coming from with this thread, but I really haven't seen many airsoft related threads in the past few weeks.  I can think of maybe two, but I also don't spend my whole day on here.

I understand why you and many other gun guys, myself included, have a problem with airsofters.  By and large they're kids who have yet to learn a thing about guns, and yet they think they're some sort of elite operator.  Fine, I consider you sentiments well placed.  I'll just suggest something differant from the original posters options.

Airsofters, if you want to talk airsoft...go to www.airsoftretreat.com or www.airsoftplayers.com

Airsoftplayers is one of my favored AS discussion sites as it's generally made up of more mature players.  Hell, Brad even graces us with his presence once in a while in the gear forum.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where does Sgtar15 post those threads?  NAME THE FORUM

That would be the BEAR PIT, Lumpy...

An area of the site dedicated to flame-wars & senseless electronic mayhem...

Um, no--he posts them in GD mostly.  GD means "General Discussion."  It's very, very simple--anyone who doesn't wish to see a particular subject in GENERAL Discussion is going to have to learn to not click on the topic and read it.  No one is compelled, except by their own obsessive compulsion, to post derisive comments in the threads of others.  When this behavior violates the Conduct Code, it will be dealt with.  Conduct Code compliance is encouraged.  Whining about locked accounts will be ignored.  Post wisely.  Or not.

The above seems pretty straight forward to me regarding GD and CC. Obviously not to some. If you don't like it... don't click on it. Plain and simple.

And in regards to AS content which many do not seem to like (myself included... but I am not going to whine about it) is... either create an AS board (or assign WG or whatever existing board ) and no related posts are permitted anywhere else... ban the content altogether... or simply leave it as it is now. If deemed to be left the way is now by the owner(s), then stop whining. Jeez.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Id explain it to you, but I already have OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER IN THREAD AFTER THREAD AFTER THREAD AFTER THREAD, and frankly I dont have the patience to do it again because I have serious doubts you'd get it.

Then humor me...

I've never clicked on a toy/paint ball gun thread. I don't own or have any interest in them. Hence I don't click on them. This is GD. People talk about every fucking thing under the sun. If they want to talk about toy-shit who gives a fuck (GD remember)?

If they are posting in the TECH forums why haven't Staff/Mods put a stop to it? If they can't/won't do their "jobs" then they need to be shitcanned.

But besides all that, who in the fuck elected you to decide what's relevant (GD remember)...?

... and frankly I dont have the patience to do it again because I have serious doubts you'd get it.

Get what? That you have some bizarre S&M attraction to airsofters that draws you to their posts. That you need to argue with kids over the merits of toys? Or that you even start your own airsoft troll posts...?

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=286443
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

No, it's not.  "It's not  firearm related", is not an arguement for keeping something out of general discussion - period.  Most of general discussion has nothing to do with firearms.  

Wanting to keep out threads that piss people off for the sake of pissing people off would be a valid arguement.  I'd stick to that one.

I just don't see the problem with the topics in question.  You and some others evidently do.  

If someone is trolling, ban them.   I don't see the problem.  

edit... no spell check.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Actually, this thread qualifies as a troll thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's not.  "It's not  firearm related", is not an arguement for keeping something out of general discussion - period.  Most of general discussion has nothing to do with firearms.  

Wanting to keep out threads that piss people off for the sake of pissing people off would be a valid arguement.  I'd stick to that one.

I just don't see the problem with the topics in question.  You and some others evidently do.  

If someone is trolling, ban them.   I don't see the problem.  

edit... no spell check.

Can you honestly say that the posters of those threads don't know what they are getting themselves into???

BTW, no hard feelings, i hope.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I just did a google for a quick look see to see what goes on with airsoft as far as training goes.
I saw some reasonable articles that seem to justify it as a low cost form of CQB type training.

I agree that doing a search for a gun part and having 99 out of 100 of them coming back airsoft can be a PITA, and that 12 yr olds talking about it can be also.

I dont want to argue with you guys but it just seems weird that with all the other shit that goes on in here, you get all bent out of shape over this and think if you own an airsoft you dont own a real gun or you are a fag.

I dont care if SGT uses his dolls to express his humor or that guys like vid games over paintball or airsoft. To each his own but I dont think the whole airsoft concept should be looked at it the way it is.

Even paintball guns are being deployed using pepper balls for Christs sakes.

If it has a tactical value whether vid games  (better reaction times),  MILES (laser tag), Simunitions ( my fav but not avail to everyone), Airsoft or paintball  you should let them have at it to try and use what is available to them to try and better them selves in the shooting arena.

I have to take what alot of you guys say with a grain of salt. It wasn't too long ago that a bunch of you posted you would have killed the lost retarded guy because he walked into the wrong house...

Here are the airsoft related training links I saw when I did a quick google:

www.policemag.com/t_cipick.cfm?rank=90274
njlawman.com/Feature%20Pieces/Force%20on%20Force.htm
www.valhallatraining.com/training.asp
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_8_48/ai_87564349
www.sanjuanbasintechschool.org/CSEC/tactems.htm
www.krtraining.com/KRTraining/Classes/AirsoftFOF.html
thekillhouse.com/aitr.html
www.airsoftpolice.com/port.htm
www.suarezinternational.com/crgunfighting2.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Are you kidding.  Arguing is all part of the fun.

I'd buy you a beer if we met.

Take it easy!

Ugly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#49]
No comment.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you honestly say that the posters of those threads don't know what they are getting themselves into???

I'm guessing this kid had no clue what he was getting himself into--he's a newbie, and seemed all excited, then got beaten to a pulp.  Not cool.  

Link:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=286450

Real nice--perhaps he can go work on the Kerry campaign, now that he's seen the warm welcome by gun owners.  

That's too bad.
(not sarcastic)
I can definetely see both sides of the story.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top