Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2011 9:16:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Most satisfying scene:
Stomping that bastard Executioner after he kicks your ass for like 2 hours.

I had to do some finger contortions to get used to the keyboard controls, and I wonder if the console is the way to go with this game.

Alice herself was the best part of the game. I wish there was a little more story & dialogue to it. It felt like a letdown to spend a couple hours on a level, then get rushed through some quick cutscenes (although I liked the layered artwork style used in those cutscenes),
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I decided to try a controller with my PC version, and I have to say it's a whole different game!

So much easier to control, and I feel like I'm fighting the enemies instead of the interface.

I'm using my PS3 controller with MotionJoy's drivers. If anyone goes this route, be sure to select the option in MotionJoy to emulate an XBOX 360 controller, otherwise Alice won't recognize it.

There's a lot of awesome fan artwork out there of McGee's version of Alice. Here's a couple of my favorites

http://tonyzuka.deviantart.com/art/Alice-Madness-Returns-2-251492785?q=boost%3Apopular%20alice%20madness&qo=394

http://orphen5.deviantart.com/art/Alice-217183770?q=boost%3Apopular%20alice%20mcgee&qo=142
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I was also a big fan of the original game, and keep meaning to pick the new one up.

I will have to try out that MotionPro.  I made a move to go all console a few years back for gaming (Have them All).  But, recently I have started playing games on my PC again.  I have been contemplating buying a 360 PC controller, but I will try the motion pro first, since I already have controllers for 360 and PS3....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was also a big fan of the original game, and keep meaning to pick the new one up.

I will have to try out that MotionPro.  I made a move to go all console a few years back for gaming (Have them All).  But, recently I have started playing games on my PC again.  I have been contemplating buying a 360 PC controller, but I will try the motion pro first, since I already have controllers for 360 and PS3....

If you already have a regular XBOX 360 controller, it should work with a PC without third party software.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top