Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:04:31 PM EDT
Entire story here.
Lawmen expect little change on the street

By AMANDA BOHMAN, Staff Writer

Police chiefs In Kenai, Wasilla, Fairbanks and North Pole expressed no concern about the likely lifting of the nationwide ban on certain military-style firearms, while the Anchorage police chief predicted deadlier weapons will now find their way into more criminals' hands.

The ban, called the Federal Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, is set to expire Monday after congressional leaders declared no plans to renew it.

I won't say who but one of these quoted Chiefs was my Sgt when I was there. I really miss Alaska.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Anchorage is almost like Seattle. Barely even Alaska.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I hear ya Bro.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I love Fairbanks. Move there. We have Wal-Mart now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just can't get over it.  The latter of the Police Chiefs is implying that starting the day of the sunset criminals will be able to do something they haven't been able to do in the past ten years - have more deadly features.  Criminals are crafty.  Nothing but the law is stopping them from doing it now or within the past ten years!

-  Tele-stocks; widely available & easily installed
-  Uppers with flash suppressors & bayo lugs; widely available & easily installed

The political agenda & the twisting of facts escapes me!  Just why is this behavior necessary?  This disinformation is not proactive.  It accomplishes nothing other than oppressing the uninformed sheep & angering people who are informed.

What a prick!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And a Fred Meyers that my company built.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
quote]

make that TWO Fred Meyer's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
quote]

make that TWO Fred Meyer's.

But we only built one of them

The margin is a damn sight better on work up there, compared with the Seattle area.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
they're tearing down the small one on College Rd. and building a new one over by our new Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Seriously, Anchorage residents shouldn't be allowed to vote on anything that affects the rest of the state. 95% of 'em don't have a fucking clue what life is like in Alaska.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, Anchorage residents shouldn't be allowed to vote on anything that affects the rest of the state. %95 of 'em don't have a fucking clue what life is like in Alaska.

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Even Ketchikan has a WallyMart now.  It was a BIG deal when it opened.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How are my sliding doors working?

Anchorage Daily news had a typical anti-gun slant today...  I just skimmed it, no need to read that liberal rag.

You missed a damn good Don Young quote .
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
"Such features include flash suppressors, which help conceal a gunman shooting at night; protruding pistol grips, which help a shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire; and barrel shrouds, which cool the barrel so a weapon can fire many rounds without overheating. Military and police use of such weapons are not prohibited."

I dont know whether to laugh or puke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, good Don Young quote.  Otherwise the ADN is a piece of trash.  We did get one of their reporters to come out with us (Alaska Machine Gun Association) a few years back and do a front page spread with a nice M60 pic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#16]
What else do you expect?

The McClatchy Newspaper chain rotates up editors from Sacramento to run the Daily News.  ADN news probably has a more california feel to it than any other paper outside California.  Add in their favorite columinists like Maureen Dowd (who needs no introduction here) and that sorry piss-ant Mike Doogan (I knew his dad - wonder if they really were related), and you can tell how the rest of the paper is going.

The ANchorage police chief is a political creature.  I guess in a large beaurocracy they tend to rise to the top.  Our old mayor, George Weurch, made a campaign promise to CAN HIS SORRY BUTT if he did not sign off on Class 3 and kept it!

The worst part of ANchorage votors is that most of them are transplants from outside.  I went to a party and was astonished to learn of 30 people, I was the only one born here and spent much time in the flippin' state.  Those guys were pretty impressed with Mark Begich until I told them stories of him on the ANchorage assembly.  Damn, he gets as good a press as Tony Knowles does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Alaskans eat their own young. J/K

Notice how the average LEO on the beat feels about the AWB as opposed to the politition LEO types. The polition would suck satans dick for a promotion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#18]
what's a fred meyers?

J
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#19]
If it didn't cost so much to ship ammo up here it would be paradise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
what's a fred meyers?

J

It's similar to Fry's Marketplace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top