Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2002 3:38:15 PM EDT
I don't get it.  I like it though.  Go to [url]msnbc.com[/url] and he's right there on the home page!  And articles about how cool he is.  Are they trying reverse psychology on us? I hope I'm able to catch this on TV.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Fox is kicking the shit out of the other cable news networks. These other networks will hire a token conservative to boost there ratings.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Promo for his new show  starts this week
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How is Alan Keyes a token anything? He was a presidential candidate, and while he didn't get many votes, he did get a lot of respect for his performance at the campaign debates. The fact that he is a black conservative is a statistical anomaly, but I think you guys are selling him short.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you misinterpret Spear. Anytime Ive seen Mr. Keyes mentioned in this forum people have had nothing but praise for him.
One member ever ran into him at a shooting range, I believe he had his children with him.
I voted for him in the primary election.
Im glad he got his shot at a tv show, he is very persuasive. Its hard to find fault with his brand of commonsense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How is Alan Keyes a token anything? He was a presidential candidate, and while he didn't get many votes, he did get a lot of respect for his performance at the campaign debates. The fact that he is a black conservative is a statistical anomaly, but I think you guys are selling him short.
View Quote

I don't think we're selling him short.  He's awesome, but the usual media outlets are so bloody left-wing that they have tried to avoid him in the past specifically because he is a black conservative who more articulate than they are.  The biggest gripe is that the only reason they're offering him a show is because they're losing viewers (and thus $$$), not because they want to put an articulate black conservative on the air to offer equal time to opposing views.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Alan Keyes is brilliant.  I hope he has ratings through the roof. It seems that MSNBC is learning some things from FOX.

Let's hope the trend continues.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Cviper, I ran into him at the range. He is a nivce guy. He is also a great orator. Some of his beliefs are a little right wing however. None the less he is a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I am actually thinking of trying to contact him to speak at my colleges conservative club meeting. If any one knows his contact information I would be much obliged.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think we're selling him short.  He's awesome, but the usual media outlets are so bloody left-wing that they have tried to avoid him in the past specifically because he is a black conservative who more articulate than they are.  The biggest gripe is that the only reason they're offering him a show is because they're losing viewers (and thus $$$), not because they want to put an articulate black conservative on the air to offer equal time to opposing views.
View Quote

I did indeed misunderstand. My apologies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fox is kicking the shit out of the other cable news networks. These other networks will hire a token conservative to boost there ratings.
View Quote

Well, that about sums things up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever else we might be able to attribute this to, it happened 'cuz the man developed and used his god given talents with an abundant focus and energy.  He's worked hard - he deserves every bit of it and more.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top