Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 2:03:59 PM EDT
Did a search for "Churches" if its a dupe- delete

Heard on the radio- 3 teens, 2 go to Birmingham Southern (church supported!) one to UAB. First group of churches burned for a thrill, last group was a "diversion?".

At 5 years a pop they're looking at 45 years- come form "good homes."
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock 'em up, throw away the key.

- CD
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Send 'em to pound-in-the-ass Federal Prison.

btw, callgood - are your sig lines meant to be Danish?  If so, they are pretty mangled, but the thought is greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the Fed attorney, Alice Martin, will certainly try that. Gotta make up for letting Scrushy get away. I just learned a guy at work has a daughter at Bham Southern who knows one of the suspects. He isn't here now, I'll have to wait for the news tonight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the ACLU defends them.

They only burned Christian churchs and probably conservatives ones at that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Listening to NPR on the way home from work. Yes I know. They were Theatre Majors at some Liberal Arts College. God hating Homo's I'd bet. Wanna bet no hate crime prosecutions?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Hang 'em from the old oak tree.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Birmingham Southern College is a Methodist affiliated college, and actually a very good school.  You don't hear a lot of lib shit from the school or the students. The three said it started as a joke. It will be interesting to find out what their real motives were. As said above, Alice Martin will do her best to stick it to these guys, after the Scrushy trial, she has got to be itching to redeem herself.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
All news servies said it was "a joke that got out of hand".  I wonder at what point did burning down churches stop being hilarious.  In any case, see you dweebs in 20-40 years.  And watch out for your corn holes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They were Theatre Majors at some Liberal Arts College.

It would be a shame for them to get hammered in the ass seven times a day for the next 20 years and not enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]
How they ever figured arson is a joke, is hard to understand. With them being theatre majors, I would almost be willing to bet they were going to make a documentery on the fires, to try to gain some fame for themselves. I can't believe a joke was their only motive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They were Theatre Majors at some Liberal Arts College.

It would be a shame for them to get hammered in the ass seven times a day for the next 20 years and not enjoy it.

They will be the Belles of the Ball. "Wanna dance, Sailor?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Another example of criminal though processes..........................
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
BSC, is a liberal arts college, but it is also backed by the Methodist Church, it is a good school, that doesn't have  a lib mentality. The liberal arts name, doesn't mean they subscribe to a liberal political ideology. BSC's website, lists their schedule of religous services. It (BSC)  is a good school. I've lived in Birmingham my whole life, and I've never heard any radical lib shit from or about this school, and I seriously doubt the school has anything to do with  the arsonists, besides the fact that 2 of them happen to be students their. (ETA) BSC, has suspended  and banned from campus both of the arsonists that attended BSC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top