BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 8:14:12 AM EDT
Like within a  mile.

"FBI Informant: Al-Zawahri Once Lived In Lodi
Terror-Related Trials Of Father And Son Continue

POSTED: 8:30 am PST March 14, 2006
UPDATED: 9:07 am PST March 14, 2006

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The juries in the terror-related trials of a father and son from Lodi will be brought together for the first time Tuesday.

Until now, the panels have been hearing testimony separately against Hamid Hayat and his father Umer.

On Monday, jurors heard an informant say a top deputy of Osama bin Laden had once lived in Lodi.

Naseem Khan testified that Ayman al-Zawahri -- bin Laden's doctor -- lived in Lodi and attended a mosque there in 1998 and 1999.

Prosecutors offered the testimony to show why the FBI began investigating the city's Islamic community.

But Khan's testimony was discounted outside court by law enforcement officials, Lodi residents and defense attorneys.

Other Lodi residents reacted with shock at the claim.

"It's shocking. I mean, I don't know how he could have possibly gotten here without somebody knowing," Lodi resident Victor Mariana said.

Hamid Hayat, 23, is charged with attending an al-Qaida sponsored training camp in Pakistan in 2003 and 2004 and lying about it to the FBI.

His father is being tried charges he lied about his son attending the camp."

They said in the news last night they aren't sure how credible the report that OBL's #2 man was actually living in Lodi is, but the fact that there is/was AQ living in this town to begin with and that they blended in for so long......

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
No truth to the rumor he was heard to sing "Allah, I'm stuck in Lodi againnnn..."

(I was surprised by that story myself)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
tag

No where but Kali
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
tag

No where but Kali

You sure about that?  I used to think "Never in Lodi"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No truth to the rumor he was heard to sing "Allah, I'm stuck in Lodi againnnn..."

(I was surprised by that story myself)

LOL!  Good one...  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Phew I thought you meant Lodi, New york!
Not exactly close to me but still, BTW creedence rulez!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top